• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So, how does Playfire really work?
I registered yesterday, linked to Steam, and I only got one reward from all the ones that should have (a Quantum Conundrum achievement based one, not even the first boot one). What gives?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just tested it on 20 different games, new and old, and I can say I got 10% each time.

it now gives 20% off just tested it, aparently they are changing it throughout the day?

20% off on Dark Souls 2... been waiting for a 25% voucher to pop off, but might just buy it with 20% off and be done with it

Deques

Hello NeoGAF. It's been a while since I've done a give-away. And I probably shouldn't, as I don't have much funds right now, but I have gotten a lot from the topic and felt compelled too, so here we are.

As it's April 1st, I want to put some edge on this giveaway. I have decided on a 6-sided dice roll. You choose a single number, it'll be raffled out in 3 hours, and see what ya get. However, I will say what games I am giving away:

I am hoping for a game I don't have already :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Where you see it say SecuROM is where it needs to say Steam.

To add on to this, in rare cases you'll get a Steam-friendly key despite there being no mention of this on the store page...

...but STALKER is no such case.

kulapik

it now gives 20% off just tested it, aparently they are changing it throughout the day?

20% off on Dark Souls 2... been waiting for a 25% voucher to pop off, but might just buy it with 20% off and be done with it

Percentages offered by this voucher will definitely change frequently!

By the way, played a bit of the Battleblock Theater beta. Awesome. If you have it and want to play gimme a PM

Jawmuncher

Major spoilers for Witcher books:

- Geralt dies during one of elf/halfling pogroms, having his heart(s) stabbed by a random villager wielding a pitchfork
- Pretty much everyone from Geralt's Ciri rescue operation gets (you could argue pointlessly) slaughtered in the last book
- Not that it really matters since their world is undergoing an ice age - most of locations in the books will be uninhabitable in 100 years, with most of people dying of hunger

Main reason I wanted to read the books. I love how dark it gets near the end.
Though Witcher 2 spoils a lot of that if you watch that introduction movie in the menu.At least it did on the 360.

Jawmuncher

Hello NeoGAF. It's been a while since I've done a give-away. And I probably shouldn't, as I don't have much funds right now, but I have gotten a lot from the topic and felt compelled too, so here we are.

As it's April 1st, I want to put some edge on this giveaway. I have decided on a 6-sided dice roll. You choose a single number, it'll be raffled out in 3 hours, and see what ya get. However, I will say what games I am giving away:

header_292x136.jpg

-Resident Evil 4

header_292x136.jpg

-Daylight (Pre-Order)

header_292x136.jpg

-Final Exam

header_292x136.jpg

-Vanguard Princess

header_292x136.jpg

-Finding Teddy

header_292x136.jpg

-Takedown: Red Sabre

I'll note ahead of time this is not the order the games are in below as I took the list above and put them through a randomizor to decide which game went to which dice number, so be weary~

I won't reveal which die is what, but I will include the name of the game before the code for whoever happens to win it. If they want to say here to unravel the mystery, then so be it~

Alright now, happy April fool's, and let's roll the die!
Pretty creative giveaway I like it.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Are you sure it's your motherboard? Booting up completely and then shutting down seems like it would be strange behaviour.

I have something similar going on with my Laptop. What will happen is that it will run perfectly and then shutdown and go into a loop where it will make it part way through post and then restart itself until the end of time. Sounds like it is completely busted right?

Turns out my charger hasn't quite aged as gracefully as everything else and doesn't fully charge the computer anymore. It still gives it some juice but not enough to keep up with consumption so after so long it will just turn off. I have to either let it sit there plugged in for while or use my wife's charger.

It's a long shot but maybe it's not as bad as you think.
You might be right, I haven't tried a different charger yet. I thought it wasn't the power supply because about a week ago, the computer wouldn't register the battery sometimes and would shut off if it wasn't on the charger. I thought it was a hardware issue with the battery, like the pins being deformed or something, because it only happened when I adjusted my position or picked the laptop up from a flat surface or something.

This random shut down started yesterday and happens when on battery or on the charger. It always boots completely but dies a minute later at best. Sometimes I can make it to opening my browser, but afterwards I usually only make it to the login screen

MUnited83

For you.

header_292x136.jpg

-Resident Evil 4

header_292x136.jpg

-Daylight (Pre-Order)

header_292x136.jpg

-Final Exam

header_292x136.jpg

-Vanguard Princess

header_292x136.jpg

-Finding Teddy

header_292x136.jpg

I'll note ahead of time this is not the order the games are in below as I took the list above and put them through a randomizor to decide which game went to which dice number, so be weary~

I won't reveal which die is what, but I will include the name of the game before the code for whoever happens to win it. If they want to say here to unravel the mystery, then so be it~

They are all Bad Rats keys, aren't they? :p

header_292x136.jpg

-Resident Evil 4

header_292x136.jpg

-Daylight (Pre-Order)

header_292x136.jpg

-Final Exam

header_292x136.jpg

-Vanguard Princess

header_292x136.jpg

-Finding Teddy

header_292x136.jpg

Entered, I hope I win and it's Bad Rats

derExperte

But that means the order could absolutely be like it's shown. You can't fool me, going for number 1.

And thanks of course.

Knurek

Hmm, is there any way to reset playtime for a game? I can disable the achievements with SAM, but would like to also zero the playtime for some of the games (mainly for HLTB, don't really want to remember how much time I had acquired previously).

Obviously, Steam shows time spent on game during last two weeks separately, but what if I want to play a longer game?

Lunaniem

Hmm, is there any way to reset playtime for a game? I can disable the achievements with SAM, but would like to also zero the playtime for some of the games (mainly for HLTB, don't really want to remember how much time I had acquired previously).

Obviously, Steam shows time spent on game during last two weeks separately, but what if I want to play a longer game?

No way unfortunately.

Lain

Since it's the first day of the month, I got the money to buy a couple bundles I was interested in. Have some spares I don't need:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Lain:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gun Metal -- MB-B41ADAD35638A5FC - Taken by tylergregg. 1 entrants total. - Taken by Knurek. 8 entrants total.
Sang-Froid -- MB-974D7CD0DBCAA3E8
Offspring Fling -- MB-F1A13EC4BB034D8A - Taken by wetflame. 1 entrants total. - Taken by wetflame. 1 entrants total.
Magical Diary -- MB-092ADC45A898FBD5
A New Beginning -- MB-10C66DDB0629B79F - Taken by Natty1. 8 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero -- MB-A668DCDF475AE02E - Taken by oipic. 17 entrants total.

t1396359808z1.png

Looks like I fucked up with Sang-Froid and A New Beginning naming, even using - to separate at the end. Ah well.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

You have already crossed the line, why not go a bit further right?

I'd love to know this too

nampad

Good luck:

ModBot said:
Instructions for nampad:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

A New Beginning Final Cut -- MB-B0EA708796C08F0F - Taken by Natty1. 12 entrants total.

t1396369979z1.png

Jawmuncher

There's no way to reset game time. Believe me I looked. Stacking is chilling as my second most played game because it was hiding in the processes after I closed it. Man SCREW STACKING

Lunaniem

There's no way to reset game time. Believe me I looked. Stacking is chilling as my second most played game because it was hiding in the processes after I closed it. Man SCREW STACKING

I just stopped caring about game time, people must know I really wouldn't have played 9 hours of Secret of the Magic Crystals. :c

aku:jiki

How is that Clones game? I haven't played a Lemmings clone since...well, ever.

One of my most-played games is Little Racers because I forgot to quit out when I went to bed. Damn it. :(

derExperte

Yes, a hidden process. And not an unhealthy obsession with Russian dolls that stack. Whatever you say.

Milamber

Oh my, thanks. I hope I got RE4.

Grief.exe

Since it's the first day of the month, I got the money to buy a couple bundles I was interested in. Have some spares I don't need:

Looks like I fucked up with Sang-Froid and A New Beginning naming, even using - to separate at the end. Ah well.

Has Gunmetal always been on Steam? I remember reading about that one when it came out on Xbox.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

It works pretty bad, so it might do it on its own!
Seriously, there are more than a few games where the play time is far less than should be, more than a couple got reset to "you never played them" :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Being able to reset temporal data on a per-game basis would be nice due to all the card idling I've done over the past ~year.

Copons

Is there a way to check prices history of software apps?

Apparently ITAD can't find the app I'm looking for (possibly because the main app is free, while there are 2 paid subs?), and ES price history box doesn't show up in the sub page. :(

nampad

There is a second ModBot? Hope he does his job as well as the first one:

Modbot 2 said:
Instructions for nampad:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Kairo -- MB-B0C28FEA1687F7B1 - Taken by Last Baron. 13 entrants total.
Storm in a Teacup -- MB-23CE41EC7C9902C8 - Taken by Evrain. 9 entrants total.

t1396371114z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom