• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Damn, GMG/Playfire. I love you too.

i8K7Pu3rjLGUO.png

Alduin

guabjjN.gif

Being April Fools day and not wanting to give away Bad Rats. I thought I would just mess around with the names of the games. There's hint enough there. If you already have the game just pass it on here in the Steam Thread.

Got Shattered Haven! Thanks!

Jawmuncher

Ridge Racer in Space = Driftmoon :p

Never would have guessed that one.

Sadly i own it already but thanks anyway :)

Since the games are all taken here's what they all were
War of the Human Tanks -- MB-090C1776913D400A - Taken by Evrain
A New Beginning -- MB-B755AEE4754741D7 - Taken by sheaaaa
Shattered Haven -- MB-0CEFF4DD4D517165 - Taken by Alduin
War of the Human Tanks (Desura Edition) -- MB-DF9BA0C1A0047678
Go Go Nippon My Trip to Japan -- MB-CEEF0F79CD9BCBA4 - Taken by topyy
Driftmoon -- MB-E8EF12D094B92276 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan
Aerena -- MB-1F43F93E8985AD37
Vanguard Princess -- MB-128523157AD0A616 - Taken by nature boy

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Just started trying it yesterday and I am satisfied so far. Although it missed some stuff I did it registered some stuff retroactively so I won't complain.
I only got ONE thing retroactively :(
And it was worth $0.10 ;_;

Grief.exe

Oh fuckin' hell. The only console exclusive game I want on PC.

We're still waiting for GTA V.

With Konami's recent track record, we can pretty much guarantee its release at this point.

I love Metal Gear's gameplay and inherent 'wackiness' too, I would buy the Legacy Collection, Ground Zeroes, and Phantom Pain on Steam.

sheaaaa

guabjjN.gif

Being April Fools day and not wanting to give away Bad Rats. I thought I would just mess around with the names of the games. There's hint enough there. If you already have the game just pass it on here in the Steam Thread.

Thanks for the game but I was planning to get the bundle anyway! Passing my key on, with a couple other spares, to you strange Internet people.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sang-Froid -- MB-08A027E9E30C0686 - Taken by Sub Zero
Q.U.B.E. -- MB-F7597255D9495F97 - Taken by nature boy
A New Beginning: Final Cut -- MB-551F2C9ADC085E36 - Taken by zeroOman

With Konami's recent track record, we can pretty much guarantee its release at this point.

I love Metal Gear's gameplay and inherent 'wackiness' too, I would buy the Legacy Collection, Ground Zeroes, and Phantom Pain on Steam.

True but I doubt a simultaneous release with consoles.

Probably 6+ months after consoles :\

Grief.exe

True but I doubt a simultaneous release with consoles.

Probably 6+ months after consoles :\

Much like Lords of Shadow 2, I'm thinking it will have a simultaneous release. The 2015 release date gives them time to get that going, unlike Ground Zeroes where Konami's push for PC came too late in development.

What is Spartan Assault anyway? iOS port?

It has been on the Windows 8 App store, meaning Windows Phone and Windows 8.

Looks like a top down action game with an emphasis on strategy, but I have not looked into it at all.

Halo: Spartan Assault brings the excitement of Halo combat to Steam for the very first time. Battle your way through 30 action-packed missions against the Covenant as you explore the origin of the Spartan Ops program featured in Halo 4. *DirectX feature level 10 required.

Bring us more Halo combat!

Much like Lords of Shadow 2, I'm thinking it will have a simultaneous release. The 2015 release date gives them time to get that going, unlike Ground Zeroes where Konami's push for PC came too late in development.
Fingers crossed you're right.

Wonder if Dark Souls II will be any benchmark for Japanese publishers to release games on Steam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just realised that there's a new Humble Bundle today, perfect opportunity for them to get in on the April Fools Day hijinks.

Humble Wheelman Bundle.

Edit: I bought (well, am waiting on) Batman: Arkham Prison Deluxe Edition. Even though I'm yet to play Origins I think I'll start it tomorrow anyway.

MUnited83

For you.
Just got The Typing of the Dead: Overkill – Thou Filthy Love Collection on GMG with the money I earned from Playfire.

This will ofcourse backfire when the weekly bundle is releaved as the Typing of the Dead Bundle.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
now that the raffle is over, dusk golem, was there even a dice roll? its been driving me crazy

Ahhh sure, I'll answer.

Dice Roll 1 was Finding Teddy
Dice Roll 2 was Final Exam
Dice Roll 3 was Daylight
Dice Roll 4 was Takedown: Red Sabre
Dice Roll 5 was Resident Evil 4
Dice Roll 6 was Vanguard Princess

radMonkey

How does that PlayFire rewards thing even work?
I logged in with my GMG account and linked PF with Steam since it started, but it doesn't do anything at all.
Is it region restricted?

It will display the rewards in GBP (£) but it will be exchanged to your currency on a daily rate. No restrictions are currently in place.

Oh, I have like £9, which of none have been transferred to my GMG account.

How do you actually access this reward site if you don't know the specific address? I can't find any link on Playfire pointing to this reward summary.

We're building a new page that will be in the top nav. Otherwise when you log in just click on your current balance to be taken to the rewards page. It's not too obvious, sorry bout that.

So, how does Playfire really work?
I registered yesterday, linked to Steam, and I only got one reward from all the ones that should have (a Quantum Conundrum achievement based one, not even the first boot one). What gives?

When you link a Steam account for the first time we can't actually tell from the API when you got achievements, so we use the date we tracked it. Because of this you could potentially get rewards you're not meant to because we've got a reward for say Quantum Conundrum, but you got the achievement ages ago, it's just way only just tracked it. So, what we do, is we have a switch to say whether to include the 'first scrape'. At the moment it's always on, we'd rather give new Playfire users the benefit of the doubt. Worse case scenario is you get credit you shouldn't have.

I just noticed that it's since the 27th of February that Playfire hasn't credited me any credit from the play game x for the first time and unlock achievement x. It hasn't even tracked some achievements I unlocked for games while the timer was going, like Technical Pacifist for Ittle Dew. Unlocked it at 4.44pm of March 26, timer ended at 23.59 of March 26, but not on the balance list for me.
The balance list even has a couple of play game x for the first time repeated for March, though since no credit has been given out, they have time to fix that one still.

We track your Steam activity roughly every 1-3 hours (it's quite server intensive). So there is a possibility that you get an achievement close to its end date, but don't get the reward. If this happens, let CS know and they should be able to credit you manually.

Damn, GMG/Playfire. I love you too.

i8K7Pu3rjLGUO.png

<3

How much time does Playfire take to scan your Steam account? In my Playfire page it shows that I own 0 games.

There was a bug on your account. I've fixed it. You should be fine going forward.

kudoboi

guabjjN.gif

damn. already own aerena. Never thought it would have been that

can't resubmit to modbot so first to quote gets it i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom