• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Me too, man.

Also:
W0IgGH2.jpg

Nice try, Imgur Compression Algorithm, but you're not going to ruin Saoirse Ronan for me.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Symphony of the Night, GBA/DS Castlevanias, heck, I'd even play the shit out of Contra: Hard Cops.
$JP_publisher doesn't do digital though... :(
I've heard the GBA and DS Castlevanias were good, so I'd like to try them too. Konami should make that happen.

I don't have any interest in FM, but you reminded me that we still lack a proper Formula 1 Manager game. :(
Story time: when I was 6 or so, my dad let me pick a PC game as a "Reyes magos" day present (don't know how to say it in English, or if it even exists in the US, and I'm feeling too lazy to google it now; it's on January 6), after I broke the two RC cars he had given me in a single day (broke the first one, he got it replaced, broke the second one and he decided to get the money back and buy me something different). So we went to a store and I saw what appeared to be a really cool F1 racing game. I went home feeling very excited, installed it and then... I realized I couldn't actually control the cars. It was a management game, and you can imagine the disappointment I felt.

Fortunately it all ended well, because my dad took it back to the store and exchanged it for yet another game, and this time I chose correctly:

1365271892162.jpg

Donald in Cold Shadow, aka Donald in Maui Mallard or Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow. Great game, but incredibly difficult for me, and I never beat the second level (had to use passwords to see the rest of the game, which of course I couldn't beat either). What does this have to do with Steam? Nothing, but I could take the chance to beg Disney for a Steam release, right? So... Disney, please do it. Thanks.

even post-Durante?
Durante esta un hombre, no un dios.

I've heard the GBA and DS Castlevanias were good, so I'd like to try them too. Konami should make that happen.
They're like Symphony of Night on speed, I remember two of them almost besting the Metroid GBA games. Mana from heavens, both series' output on that little beautiful system.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Well there was that one game Hooligans: Storm Over Europe.

Oh yeah, I remember that, fuck I'm old :(

What I meant was something along the lines of football manager, you know, give some free tickets to the hooligans to resell, get the money to buy guns, intimidate politicians or other teams, maybe your own team, add new hooligans to your team, train them, try different formations for battles, fun times!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Durante esta un hombre, no un dios.

They're like Symphony of Night on speed, I remember two of them almost besting the Metroid GBA games. Mana from heavens, both series' output on that little beautiful system.
I hate being that guy, but... It's "es", not "esta". You got the wrong translation of the verb "to be", which means both. And "está" is written with an accent, because "esta" without it means a different thing ("this one" in feminine gender).

Dr Dogg

lol whoa
I never heard of this game, but it had to be a hit!

Add a letter to that and you're right. Was pretty much slated before it got release. The Daily Mail has a 'ban this sick filth' campaign without even playing it. There used to be about 50 copies always in the local super-duper music shop by me, even when they were heavily discounted.

What I meant was something along the lines of football manager, you know, give some free tickets to the hooligans to resell, get the money to buy guns, intimidate politicians or other teams, maybe your own team, add new hooligans to your team, train them, try different formations for battles, fun times!

Well there about milked everything else out of the more The Sims-eque attachment to football the last couple of releases (thank god for Classic Mode). Short of having g a Cristiano Ronaldo dress up game (or Messi along with his luscious red tux) I have no idea what direction they're going to go?

Turfster

Bundlestars weekend deals
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 75% off
  • Anna Extended Edition 75% off
  • Rise of Venice 50% off
  • Sine Mora 75% off
  • Tropico Trilogy 75% off
  • GTR Evolution (+ base game) 85% off
  • Spacechem 75% off (weeklong)
  • Alien Rage: Unlimited 60% off (weeklong)

milena87

Donald in Cold Shadow, aka Donald in Maui Mallard or Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow. Great game, but incredibly difficult for me, and I never beat the second level (had to use passwords to see the rest of the game, which of course I couldn't beat either). What does this have to do with Steam? Nothing, but I could take the chance to beg Disney for a Steam release, right? So... Disney, please do it. Thanks.

I LOVED that game! I played it all the time with my best friend (and since it was a SP game, I usually handled the movements, while he performed the actions). We were never able to see past that level where you need to climb and there's lava all around you :/

Tecl0n

and run for office.

I imagine an image put through Facebook, then Imgur and finally Steam would result in something like this:

SzDKcnU.jpg
At least I can start the day with a laugh.

I hate being that guy, but... It's "es", not "esta". You got the wrong translation of the verb "to be", which means both. And "está" is written with an accent, because "esta" without it means a different thing ("this one" in feminine gender).

To which I say, ¡que chingón!

Gvaz

Banned
Reposting for the new page~
So I've got some Spare Steam keys I've decided to make a giveaway of.
...thing is I'm not sure if they're still active since some are over a year old ^^; Apologies in advance if the code you'd win is invalid.

Oh and I've got half a dozen more stuff I want to giveaway but not anytime soon =P

I hope I win Contrast *prays*

Closer to 304 at this point. :p

"Redefines the genre." - IGN
"An experience so brilliant that we increased our review score from 9 to 10." - Polygon
"I played it." - JaseC

I was thinking more like:

"Tons of replay value!"

" I played it three or four times and I'm still loving it" - JaceC, some crazyman on the Internet.

"So good, that you'll love to start over again"

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
In all honesty, if my save disappeared again and my backups were useless, I'd probably quit video games.

Tizoc

Why not wait? Game can be ass for all we know.

After Aliens: CM, Bioinf and Tomb Raider Im not pre-ordering anything except for HL3.
Eh $30 equivalnet is how much i got bio inf and tr used for ps3 over here. Plus i like stealth games and so far the 2 fp view stealth games i played were pretty good and i enjoyed them.

Fallout 3 progress report:

I actually had a chance to play a video game for an hour or so last night. I made it to the citadel and I'm now able to wear the power armor I picked up off a dead brotherhood of steel paladin hours ago that has been weighing down my inventory capacity. With the power armor and the A3-21 plasma rifle I feel like a god damn terminator. Anyway, after my time in the citadel, I made my way to little lamplight and now I have to earn the trust of the children by murdering slavers in paradise falls. It's for the children guys, I'm not a bad guy, I swear! I feel like I'm closing in on finishing the main quest and once I do, I'll probably give fallout 3 a big send off in the way of
nuking megaton

February means New Vegas for me. So stayed tuned to more post-apocalyptic adventure reports soon.

I loved Fallout 3. Did all the DLC and got as much as I could out of the game. Expected to go into New Vegas and get a similar experience, but there was just something about that game that I couldn't get into to. At least, not in the same way as Fallout 3. The DLC I played I just didn't enjoy as much as the FO3 DLC. Big Mountain was a little too goofy and Legendary Road was dull. I have a ton of affection for Fallout 3 though, it was my first major modded game on PC. I spent a good afternoon watching Youtube tutorials; learning how to mod the crap out of it, courtesy of Gopher and his amazing advice. Makes the experience that little bit more personal over the vanilla console version.

So, finally, after 3 failed attempts at Fallout 3 on the PS3, I finally understood what the fuss was about. Loved the DLC, particularly The Pitt and Mothership Zeta. I enjoyed wiping out those slavers at Paradise Falls. Justice was truly dispensed that day.

I've asked before and found it on my computer but I've forgotten again so I must ask; what is the application that shows where your hard drives are being used by color blocks?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That's a hell of a bonus on IndieGala! They probably would have sold a shitload more bundles had that been in the BTA day one.

Any of the Lego games on GMG worth getting? Probably leaning Batman 2 if I get any due to being the most recent, even if it's a little more.

How did people know Deadly Premonition would be part of the unlocked games? Are the other three known? In any case, glad I bought the bundle a few hours ago.

Is it WinDirStat?
Yep, thanks!

Edit: Where do I find Deadly Premonition? Not in my game keys for the bundle and I paid over the average back when.

Edit 2: I'm just impatient, took a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom