• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How did people know Deadly Premonition would be part of the unlocked games? Are the other three known? In any case, glad I bought the bundle a few hours ago.

Someone went digging around their webserver and found the box art image there. They also found the art for Rush Bros but I think that was all.

fantomena

Im suprised. I asked about a review copy of AC: Liberation HD, I was unsure if I was going to ask for a PS3, 360 or PC review copy. But then it came to my mind that I never use my 360 and my PS3 is only used for old backlog games, so I choosed PC as plattform.

Im suprised I got a Steam review code and not a UPlay code. I have always received UPlay review codes from Ubisoft.

I have this irrational bias against the Assassin's Creed series, in that I can't get past how goofy the whole sci-fi plot that wraps around the far more interesting settings of each game. I've never played any of them, probably never will, because of that. I can't explain it, as AssCreed 4 looks kind of amazing. There's just something about that story that I can't quite reconcile with in order to play the games. They just completely that aspect and play it straight.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Deadly premonition unlocked on the indiegala bundle.
Sweeeet, I'll finally be able to play this. The Twin Peaks fan in me was curious ever since it was a console exclusive, but after I watched the first sections of the game on Youtube I didn't really want to touch it because it looked like garbage, gameplay-wise too. Having the PC version unlocked in a bundle I had already purchased feels right, haha. Time to look into Durante's fix and read about any possible issues.

God fucking dammit. Wait for Humble/Indie Gala is the new wait for the dailies in the Steam Sales.

I bought Deadly Premonition during the winter sale and haven't got time to play it yet.

Turfster

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Reus -- MB-D8ACBF6BA98FA5F8 - Taken by PedroPanache. 3 entrants total.
Tales of Maj'Eyal -- MB-6FF2E6404D20B506 - Taken by Santini. 2 entrants total.

t1389974201z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ugh got excited for a moment thinking that the Star Wars and Indiana Jones games would be included in that...

Same here - I doubt they'll ever go on sale though. Hell, they're more likely to get removed from Steam now than to see a sale, I think (sadly).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Same here - I doubt they'll ever go on sale though. Hell, they're more likely to get removed from Steam now than to see a sale, I think (sadly).

I don't think Disney is going to pull LucasArts' existing presence as although it doesn't care enough to put its own games on the service, there's nothing to be gained by messing with LA's current affairs, plus the recent Star Wars sales, although a step backwards from the one's LA itself approved, shows that there is some interest.

I'm retroactively glad about all the refused-classification/Steam-region-locking stuff that made me decide to skip Saint's Row IV on day one, because this shit's turrible. The controls suck, the gameplay feels damp and sluggish, and everything that can be stretched out is. Railshooting? Do it for ten minutes after it stopped being fun. Bossfight? Four times more health than would ever be fun. Silly fun one-off minigame? GRIND IT INTO THE GROUND UNTIL YOU HATE YOURSELF. Hah, you died? Fucking start the whole thing all over again and relisten to all the jokes that were only mildly funny the first time around. So glad I didn't pay for it.

Who's idea was it to give all your superpowers such a long recharge time? And then take them away in all the main missions anyway?

I just read in the MGR Digital Foundry that MGSV is confirmed for PC release. Did I miss this announcement somewhere.

I hope so. I'm not paying $40 for a 3 hour mini adventure. I'll wait till it drops to a reasonable price on PC.

Also, Deadly Premonition at ~$5. It finally hit my sweet spot. I wonder if any of those other games are worth it, though.

jshackles

I don't think Disney is going to pull LucasArts' existing presence as although it doesn't care enough to put its own games on the service, there's nothing to be gained by messing with LA's current affairs, plus the recent Star Wars sales, although a step backwards from the one's LA itself approved, shows that there is some interest.

Good point, though LA's status quo on these games is "never discount" so I think my point may still be valid. :)

What about during the annual May 4th Star Wars sale?

I'm expecting disappointment. Like, KOTOR2 33% off level of disappointment, at best.

Bought the Indie Gala bundle for Deadly Premonition and Ball Point Universe. Tales of Maj’Eyal and Ravensword: Shadowlands at least look interesting to me as well. Is this the site where if you buy the bundle the first week they have the happy hour next week and you can buy more bundles as gifts at a reduced rate? Or is that a different site?

JakeD

i had a 99 spirits foil up at $8 (lowest price on market) for a week with no action, dropped it to $4 and it sold in 12 hours...it was worth it

i forgot to check "it's a gift" on my second indiegala order. i didn't BTA the first time because i had no faith in the bonus games. i'm wondering if its even worth emailing support for what amounts to a $1 Two Brothers key...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hoooooly crap. What a waste though. I bet a lot of us would've bought it at a good sale price on Steam.

I think a lot of GAF did

I just read in the MGR Digital Foundry that MGSV is confirmed for PC release. Did I miss this announcement somewhere.

no 'confirmation' just speculation right now. There is an article where Kojima said 'PC wasn't a priority', but didn't say it wasn't being worked on.

I'm crossing my fingers.

I just looked at this article from Joystiq

Games for Windows Live is dying, we check the life support of games

and it says Dark Souls will get GFWL removed? Is that news or did I miss something?

The saddest thing is the Capcom list. Depressing.

EDIT: Praise the sun?

I see GTAIV on the list. I wonder how Rockstar will handle it, seeing that AFAIK whenever a game has jumped from GFW to Steamworks the DLC has been given for free to everyone, regardless of whether they had paid for it before or not.

FloatOn

I haven't bought a bundle in forever. I'm so pumped about Deadly Premonition.

I've only just recently finished the first season of Twin Peaks so I think I will play this one sooner rather than later!

An-Det

Awesome, I was hoping that Deadly Premonition would show up in that bundle. Can't wait to try that out.

and it says Dark Souls will get GFWL removed? Is that news or did I miss something?

Man, looks like Capcom is throwing so many games under the bus. That's just sad.

My hope for both Dark Souls and GTA 4 is that when DS2 and GTA5 are released they do the same thing that Warner Bros did with Batman Arkham Origins and do a mini event where the new game released and they celebrate by also removing GFWL from the previous games. I can dream, at least. :(

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

I'm not sure where they got that information. If they based it off the fake facebook update, then they're obviously mistaken.

I haven't really heard them talking about the future of the game, and I feel I follow the Dark Souls games more than just casually.

Edit: To edify:

ibeMsClpHSybF4.png

Gvaz

Banned

Do you have a link to this because I can't find this anywhere.

I would fellate so many goddamn people for MGS5 on the PC.

Overdoziz

Banned
Microsoft
Fable 3 (No plans.)
Gears of War (No plans.)
Halo 2 (No plans.)
Microsoft Flight (No plans.)
Shadowrun (No plans.)
Tinker (No plans.)
Viva Piñata (No plans.)

:/

sibarraz

Banned
When I boot coh2, the game tells me that either steam or coh2 is running on compatibility mode, where could I desactivate that?

I entered into the steamfolder, and clicked on properties on both exe, but there the option was desactivated

HoosTrax

Nooo! I still haven't played IV yet. Wrong MGS to port!

How am I supposed to go from MGS3 --> MGS5 without having played 4. (no, don't give the obvious, and wrong, answer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom