• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulapik

Seriously? I didn't mean to intend to sound like I was complaining. But I'd love it if the offer is good.

Nah, I was just playing for lols, saw the other games for the bundle, and meh, and I don't want to have Deadly Premonition waiting on my backlog forever.

Grief.exe

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon - Enhanced Edition (Will update, but no set plans yet.)
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (Will update, but no set plans yet.)

I wonder if they reached out to Namco. I haven't heard anything on Assault Horizon before.

As Morning pointed out, the Dark Souls fix could be bullshit due to the fake Facebook post. The Assault Horizon fix makes me think they may actually have some information we don't.

Tenrius

I just looked at this article from Joystiq

Games for Windows Live is dying, we check the life support of games

and it says Dark Souls will get GFWL removed? Is that news or did I miss something?

The saddest thing is the Capcom list. Depressing.

EDIT: Praise the sun?

Well, there is this:

Green = GFWL has been removed.
Blue = GFWL will be removed.
Red = No plans.
Purple = We've reached out but are still awaiting response.

I think it implies that if a game is blue, it means they reached out and did get a response. If true, that's awesome news.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Got an answer from joystiq on twitter that it is an official reply from Namco Bandai.

PRAISE THE SUN

Guess I'll put Dark Souls on hold until Steamworks is fully implemented then.

wait this doesn't 100% mean steamworks tho, right?

they still might remove gfwl and just disable multiplayer altogether

this is bamco we're talking about

They're going to have to put some kind of online infrastructure into Dark Souls 2 on PC though. Adding Steamworks to Dark Souls would be a great opportunity to test it out and work out any issues before the sequel releases.

I replay all the MGS games every now and again so hopefully MGSV is up on steam by 2016. Wonder if MGS 4 will ever be ported, seemed to take advantage of a lot of the PS3's weird architecture things. Still think it's the best game in the franchise in terms of options in combat and weird/amusing unlocks. Have played through it 4 or 5 times at this point. Of course 4 of those playthroughs were before the trophy patch >_>

rtcn63

Nah, I was just playing for lols, saw the other games for the bundle, and meh, and I don't want to have Deadly Premonition waiting on my backlog forever.

Cool. Great thanks to Kulap and Gravelord Magneto for the indie bundle!

So I shall send the link to Kirosia? Sure about this kulapik?

He's already passed on the link.

I wonder if they reached out to Namco. I haven't heard anything on Assault Horizon before.

As Morning pointed out, the Dark Souls fix could be bullshit due to the fake Facebook post. The Assault Horizon fix makes me think they may actually have some information we don't.

You should read the thread. It's an official reply from Namco.

Tenrius

Oh, cool stuff. I just sent an email to Steven Wong, too. Well, no harm in that, but I wonder if those games will be getting Steamworks.

Turfster

Man, Ballpoint Universe is kinda... disappointing.
The R-type sections are... boring, and the bosses are waaaaaay too fucking big. They move up (or down) over the right side of the screen incredibly slowly, and you can only hit a couple of mount points, so if a mount point has gone off-screen, you need to wait for it to come back... and back... and back... until you finally destroy it. Now do this for like, 10 mount points.

zkylon

zkylewd
They're going to have to put some kind of online infrastructure into Dark Souls 2 on PC though. Adding Steamworks to Dark Souls would be a great opportunity to test it out and work out any issues before the sequel releases.

that sounds too smart for bamco

it's gamespy I'm sure

rtcn63

Already had Ravensword from an earlier giveaway, so. Hope this works.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kirosia:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ravensword -- MB-DE1F32C60DCF10A8 - Taken by topyy. 5 entrants total.

t1389988557z1.png

Kuroyume

Banned
Man, Ballpoint Universe is kinda... disappointing.
The R-type sections are... boring, and the bosses are waaaaaay too fucking big. They move up (or down) over the right side of the screen incredibly slowly, and you can only hit a couple of mount points, so if a mount point has gone off-screen, you need to wait for it to come back... and back... and back... until you finally destroy it. Now do this for like, 10 mount points.

The game looked so good in the screens and short video on the steam page... Then I watched one of those let's play videos on YouTube for a while and I was like... Oh, that doesn't look good at all.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
That Capcom no plans list is very sad.

And such a shock, too. Who ever would have expected Capcom to take the easy route that screws over fans instead of doing extra work to grow a community of people who want to support them? Aside from everybody. They might have expected it, but they're know-it-alls. Once you get past that "everybody" group, nobody would have seen this coming.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I'm curious what the BTA price for the Indie Gala bundle was prior to the DP confirmation. Does anyone remember?

I would have bought it for Tales of Maj'Eyal but now that it's up over $5 I might as well not bother. Too close to the game's base price. :/

JakeD

I'm curious what the BTA price for the Indie Gala bundle was prior to the DP confirmation. Does anyone remember?

I would have bought it for Tales of Maj'Eyal but now that it's up over $5 I might as well not bother. Too close to the game's base price. :/

i'm pretty sure it's been 5.19 since it went up

Turfster

Don't think it moved too much. It was 4$ in the first couple of hours, then it went up to this price I think.

Why can't you complain that you're being forced to pay an extra $15 to be able to keep playing the entirety of a game you already own?

AE will be made irrelevant once Ultra drops. AE and Ultra are the same game insomuch as DR2 and DR2:OTR are the same game. If you care about SF4 multiplayer you'll be playing Ultra.

Plus, I may be mistaken, won't the single-player content still be available once GFWL shutsdown?

Shepard

Probably the wrong place to ask, but is there any place where I can buy a digital download verson of Viva Piñata? Always wanted to try that game, cant find it anywhere.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Gears should be ditched and they should do an HD quadrilogy release on PC + whatever spiffed up by PCF (move Gears 1/2/3 to UE3.99999).

And I want WB to do something with Wheelman. ;)

Probably the wrong place to ask, but is there any place where I can buy a digital download verson of Viva Piñata? Always wanted to try that game, cant find it anywhere.

In an alternate universe.

Arthea

I can't believe it was in fact Deadly Premonition. You go indiegala! That might be the best bundle ever, considering that DP is fairly new (on PC) and has cult following.
Amazing. Now, to which of my friends to gift it? That's one hard question!

Ban Puncher

I can't believe it was in fact Deadly Premonition. You go indiegala! That might be the best bundle ever, considering that DP is fairly new (on PC) and has cult following.
Amazing. Now, to which of my friends to gift it? That's one hard question!

Hello, friend!

Arthea

I would like to have it on steam *sighs*
I don't know where you can buy it, I though I've seen it on gamersgate, but I checked and I see only soundtrack there.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I would like to have it on steam *sighs*
I don't know where you can buy it, I though I've seen it on gamersgate, but I checked and I see only soundtrack there.

Like Gears of War, it's never been available digitally outside of the GFWL Marketplace, which obviously is no longer an option.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tales of Maj'Eyal -- MB-9F048785D3D446DB - Taken by sheaaaa. 7 entrants total.

t1389980549z1.png

Dr Dogg

Gears should be ditched and they should do an HD quadrilogy release on PC + whatever spiffed up by PCF (move Gears 1/2/3 to UE3.99999).

The heart and soul of what made up People Can Fly are long gone.

Saying that if Gears did get a super-hd, quadrillion remakeathon for pc I'd be on board day one. Well just as long as it isn't as grey and brown heavy like the originals.

topyy

that price was controled by site, it is not a real average price.
Total payments
$32,027.76
Purchases #:

32,027.76/7206=4.44

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
In an alternate universe.

You know, I often catch myself saying that we live in the worst of all possible universes. But you know, somewhere out there exists a universe where GFWL won.

I think we're doing okay after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom