• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if DP being there is a bummer or awesome. Sure it's a crappy port but despite all the problems, it was my GOTY. Still I don't regret my purchase one and I tripple dipped for the bundle, but kinda shame if the game didn't sell enough even with the Steam Sale to drop for IndyBundle level

I played some more Metal Gear Solid 420: #YOLO and it's still awesome (chapter 3)

Arthea

Anybody playing SpellForce 2? If yes, how's it?

Like Gears of War, it's never been available digitally outside of the GFWL Marketplace, which obviously is no longer an option.

I thought it had DRM free version for a short time, but I probably confused soundtrack for a game.
Still... would it really hurt MS to release it on steam? I mean really?

Tenrius

Got a response from Steven:

Steven Wong said:
Hi Danil,

Yes, we contacted Namco Bandai and asked them what the plans were for these games. The response was that they are "aware of the situation and are exploring solutions." I have adjusted the wording to relieve the confusion.

Oh well, it seems they did not explicitly state that they are removing it, but this is at least something.

I was surprised that DP was actually in that gala bundle which luckily I got when it was $3.99. I was going to buy DP when it hit $5 but this works too. Probably not the best decision on their part.

kulapik

I love how everybody that is talking about Steam having video and music is like "Awesome, sales for games and movies". Err, no, will probably be apps for Netflix, Spotify and all that. We wish.

Arthea

I was surprised that DP was actually in that gala bundle which luckily I got when it was $3.99. I was going to buy DP when it hit $5 but this works too. Probably not the best decision on their part.

That seems a bit early to be in the bundle. But than again, may be they don't need money, only glory?

rtcn63

One of these is Bad Rats. The other is Starvoid. Not too compelling, I know. Add me on steam if this doesn't work proper.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kirosia:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Taylor -- MB-BED9D06B38638227 - Taken by topyy. 8 entrants total.
Swift -- MB-EFC9B5453705AB9F - Taken by Terra_Ex. 6 entrants total.

t1389991212z1.png

Terra_Ex

I don't know if DP being there is a bummer or awesome. Sure it's a crappy port but despite all the problems, it was my GOTY. Still I don't regret my purchase one and I tripple dipped for the bundle, but kinda shame if the game didn't sell enough even with the Steam Sale to drop for IndyBundle level

I played some more Metal Gear Solid 420: #YOLO and it's still awesome (chapter 3)
Its appearance in a bundle soon after release certainly suggests sales can't be stellar and from recent posts on the steam community it seems the devs don't intend to patch it further. Even after durante's resolution fixes there are a litany of other issues with it. Having to disable my surround sound to stop the car engine noises looping forever really pisses me off too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i still cant believe deadly prem is in a bundle, when they didnt even give us 75% off in the xmas sale, wtf

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Don't think it moved too much. It was 4$ in the first couple of hours, then it went up to this price I think.
Yeah, I nabbed it at that price the day it went up. The BTA was at $3.99 for the first 4 hours.

tnblY4v.png

(from the e-mail)

Kuroyume

Banned
Movies and TV shows appearing on steam are going to ruin the Holiday sales. You already have people bitching about non gaming related software appearing during votes etc. Now you're going to have seasons 1-5 of one tree hill appearing alongside Dumb and Dumberer, and Demon Souls II and Demon Souls II ends up losing the community vote. And then people rage.

Tenrius

What problem are you facing?

This one, there also a video here. A lot of people in that SPUF thread said that rebooting their computers helped fix it completely, but it just doesn't seem to work in my case. Maybe it's because I'm on an Nvidia Optimus laptop (what with DPfix not supporting it, although it's exactly the same with or without it), but that's not very likely, since it's not a performance issue: the game is technically 60 FPS, it just renders itself really weird. Some segments like the menu or the shoulder view are in real smooth 60 FPS, but overall it's not really playable, as evident from the video, anyway.

Hell, I'll do it:

Just one favor to ask, please don't redeem Deadly Premonition if you don't really want to play it. I usually don't care who gets one as long as someone claims it, but like I said, Deadly Premonition might be a shitty port, but it's still the definitive version of a "shitty" game that was my GOTY before I even played it and more so after I played it. And yeah, it's cheap on the bundle itself but go on ahead if you like one or more of the following:

1) Majoras Mask
2) Twin Peaks
3) Silent Hill

ModBot said:
Instructions for PetriP-TNT:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deadly Premonition -- MB-18BEEBE4F474D7D0 - Taken by dark_inferno
ulgzbKC.png
Laxius Force (Desura) -- MB-A6801665D3E93B37
ulgzbKC.png
Millenium (Desura) -- MB-AFFC713C1305C720 - Taken by user237

wilflare

Hell, I'll do it:

Just one favor to ask, please don't redeem Deadly Premonition if you don't really want to play it. I usually don't care who gets one as long as someone claims it, but like I said, Deadly Premonition might be a shitty port, but it's still the definitive version of a "shitty" game that was my GOTY before I even played it and more so after I played it. And yeah, it's cheap on the bundle itself but go on ahead if you like one or more of the following:

1) Majoras Mask
2) Twin Peaks
3) Silent Hill

nice giveaway :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Movies and TV shows appearing on steam are going to ruin the Holiday sales. You already have people bitching about non gaming related software appearing during votes etc. Now you're going to have seasons 1-5 of one tree hill appearing alongside Dumb and Dumberer, and Demon Souls II and Demon Souls II ends up losing the community vote. And then people rage.

I doubt that Valvw will be selling films and shows itself; expect the integration of current streaming services such as Netflix. Being able to buy movies and tie them to your account would be awesome, though...

JaseC now owns 14 more movies

Justin and the Knights of Valour | How I Live Now | The Host | Byzantium | Violet & Daisy | Hanna | The Way Back | Arrietty | The Lovely Bones | City of Ember | Death Defying Acts | Atonement | The Christmas Miracle of Johnathan Toomey | I Could Never Be Your Woman

tumblr_mk9xml9sma1qb6c0k83.gif

Hell, I'll do it:

1) Majoras Mask
2) Twin Peaks
3) Silent Hill

Thanks for Deadly Premonition. I love all 3 of them and im in for a ride.

I just hope it works good with Durantes Fix.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any leaks on what the other 3 indiegala steam games will be?

Thanks for Deadly Premonition. I love all 3 of them and im in for a ride.

I just hope it works good with Durantes Fix.

Some reminders:

1) Most of the games problems are patched with the 1.01 patch, but the game will still crash. If they do, RESTART YOUR PC. It will work. It's dumb but it will work.

2) If you fiddle around with DPFixes window modes, make sure the launcher has the same settings as your game, otherwise the game will crash on launch.

This one, there also a video here. A lot of people in that SPUF thread said that rebooting their computers helped fix it completely, but it just doesn't seem to work in my case. Maybe it's because I'm on an Nvidia Optimus laptop (what with DPfix not supporting it, although it's exactly the same with or without it), but that's not very likely, since it's not a performance issue: the game is technically 60 FPS, it just renders itself really weird. Some segments like the menu or the shoulder view are in real smooth 60 FPS, but overall it's not really playable, as evident from the video, anyway.

Go to the NVidia Control panel and make sure that DP.exe only uses your real card. I am running on same kind of configuration and the game works fine but I have ran into same kind of problems with other games (for instance Condemned which is also a crappy port)

Backlogger

I have bought a handful of the Bundle Star bundles now, but I am curious, do they ever go on sale before they expire? Like a last chance type of deal?

zkylon

zkylewd
I doubt that Valvw will be selling films and shows itself; expect the integration of current streaming services such as Netflix. Being able to buy movies and tie them to your account would be awesome, though...

tumblr_mk9xml9sma1qb6c0k83.gif

I hope not

it'd make me feel guilty for my billions of torrented movies

eh, it probably wouldn't

knock yourself out jasec

Some reminders:

1) Most of the games problems are patched with the 1.01 patch, but the game will still crash. If they do, RESTART YOUR PC. It will work. It's dumb but it will work.

2) If you fiddle around with DPFixes window modes, make sure the launcher has the same settings as your game, otherwise the game will crash on launch.

Thanks for those tips. I hope it crashes just a few times and not like every 5 minutes.

Backlogger

Is there a way to up your bundle payment on Indie Gala, or do I just need to rebuy another bundle?

Yes, its not very clear but you basically just act like you are buying it again. If you are trying to get the BTA, just add the difference of what you paid before and it should unlock in your profile. Thats why they say "Are you purchasing a 2nd copy of the bundle using the same email? Then check GIFT checkbox too! ;-)" because if you don't they add the additional amount to your existing purchase.

See #14 in their FAQ
http://www.indiegala.com/faq

Yes, its not very clear but you basically just act like you are buying it again. If you are trying to get the BTA, just add the difference of what you paid before and it should unlock in your profile. Thats why they say "Are you purchasing a 2nd copy of the bundle using the same email? Then check GIFT checkbox too! ;-)" because if you don't they add the additional amount to your existing purchase.

See #14 in their FAQ
http://www.indiegala.com/faq

Oh cool! Thanks for the info.

Tenrius

Go to the NVidia Control panel and make sure that DP.exe only uses your real card. I am running on same kind of configuration and the game works fine but I have ran into same kind of problems with other games (for instance Condemned which is also a crappy port)

Well, I did that, of course. But as I said, it's clearly not a performance issue per se. The game would not run at 60 FPS (as it technically does) on the integrated card. And all those others did not have Optimus.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
hmm try to get in on a 2-pack or wait for the CE to surface...

I can't seem to find any info on what the CE is supposed to include. Looking at the sub history Divine and Beyond were added to begin with, but since they were removed I think the person was under the impression that they were adding them to the "Co-op Deluxe Pack".

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
that price was controled by site, it is not a real average price.
Total payments
$32,027.76
Purchases #:

32,027.76/7206=4.44
I should have known/checked. :| They've done this sort of thing before. At least have the courtesy to call it like it is (tiered pricing).

BUT shoutouts to EmergentFocus for hooking me up with ToME. Work has been suuuuper shitty this week and I'm looking forward to sinking my teeth into some crazy dungeons.

graywolf323

I can't seem to find any info on what the CE is supposed to include. Looking at the sub history Divine and Beyond were added to begin with, but since they were removed I think the person was under the impression that they were adding them to the "Co-op Deluxe Pack".

lemme know if you wanna do a 2-pack then Jase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom