• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

It sounds like they 'solved' the music issue in Hitman: Contracts by removing all the music, ambient and speech from the game altogether...

Finding a file called STREAMS.WAV in the retail version and placing it in the Steam version folder will likely fix it.

d0Y3b.gif

Deques

It sounds like they 'solved' the music issue in Hitman: Contracts by removing all the music, ambient and speech from the game altogether...

Finding a file called STREAMS.WAV in the retail version and placing it in the Steam version folder will likely fix it.

That's a very lazy solution >.<

Yeah, they'll fix that. They meant to do what they did in the HD collection and simply replace the song. Unfortunate that they missed that for the release though.

By unfortunate I mean

Don't know if I'm imagining things, but when I looked at unique players in GO yesterday, it said 1.5mill, today it was 2.1mill.

Seems like a too large jump for one day. Maybe it was 1.9mill?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
With all this talk about Hitman Contracts among GAFfers I remembered I had some sort of copy and after some searching I found it:

It's a double Pack!

I tried to put it on Steam, didn't work...

;)

This reminds me, I recently discovered that Infernal was on Steam at one point. I've been considering picking up a retail copy on the cheap and trying my luck with asking Squeenix for a key.

DocSeuss

Free games here

I am not sure why I have to keys for 99 Spirits. One of them might be used. If you got a used one, then I am sorry :(

I actually won something! Looks like giving away dozens of games actually kinda paid off a little bit! My code came with some other game. Tsukosomething.

Thanks, Deques!

That's so good to know. What about enemies being samey, does it get better later on?

Divinity DC is short? That's unexpected.

Banner Saga's combat's probably its weakest element. That and the feeling like the game is just constantly out to screw you over. I mean, sure, end of the world and all... then, on rare occasions, good things happen, and it feels so valuable and it's like woaaaah, I get it. But yeah. Samey enemies. You basically have three types of robotguys, two types of human soldiers (archers and swordguys), and I am not sure I actually ever fought a varl. There's this sense that the game could have been a lot more robust than it was, but what it was ended up being fantastic.

Dragon Commander's got 10.5 hours now, including training. I'm in Act III, which I believe is the final act--but it's also the biggest map I've seen yet, and the second map was like... five hours of play. So it is possible this could go on for another seven or eight hours. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a 20 hour game.

Divinity: Dragon Commander: Durante was right. I think I would have preferred it if the RTS system was a bit more like Supreme Commander or something, rather than just "cap resource point, rush to build units," but... well, look, Dragon Commander's so good that I almost regret buying Banner Saga, because I could have spent that money on Larian's next game, Divinity: Original Sin. I thought Banner Saga was the exception to the rule when it came to me and single sitting sessions--I normally play for about an hour before I'm done--but nope, Divinity and I had a quality 7-hour session, and then I dreamt about playing it and figured out how to win, so I woke up and did so... for another three hours. This game, guys. I'm in Chapter 3 now, which is apparently the last chapter of the game, so it's a bit short.

Dragon Commander's a game that started in my top five games of 2013 but gradually sunk down to number 11 the further I got through. I didn't spend a ton of time playing it, only getting to midway through chapter 2 but by that point it just seemed like the RTS stuff got fairly formulaic, while the RPG stuff was obviously all predetermined. Maybe it shakes things up later on but I'm somewhat more interested in seeing a sequel than I am in finishing it. The way they mix all the RPG elements into the RTS genre is pretty fucking awesome, as is flying around the battlefield burning the filthy wretch enemies.

Kinda sad that Square Enix didn't make high res sprites and downscaled them, but it's a Japanese company, so someone probably suggested it and was ignored. That or Square Enix didn't pump a lot of money into these ports/remakes for new assets.

Kinda sad that Square Enix didn't make high res sprites and downscaled them, but it's a Japanese company, so someone probably suggested it and was ignored. That or Square Enix didn't pump a lot of money into these ports/remakes for new assets.

RPG Maker trial version onmy supports 128x128 textures

Ok, I did that. How can I tell if it works?

Guys, help a brother out here. Is AC4 supposed to run crappy maxed out on a 770 gtx or is there some setting that is jacking up the framerate? We live in strange times when I can run Crysis 3 better than the latest Assassin's Creed game.

Deques

New groupees bundle soon

http://groupees.com/retro2

From the chat:
  • Gobliiin's Trilogy
  • Rot Gut
  • Irem Arcade Hits
  • Raiden Legacy - The Return
  • Saturday Morning RPG
  • Pineapple Smash Crew
  • //N.P.P.D. RUSH// : The Milk of Ultraviolet
  • Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine.
  • Plus: Bonuses.

Irem Arcade Hits includes:
  • Kung-Fu Master
  • Vigilante
  • Ninja Spirit
  • R-Type Leo
  • Air Duel
  • Battle Chopper
  • Cosmic Cop
  • Dragon Breed
  • Gunforce
  • Gunforce 2
  • Hammerin’ Harry
  • Image Fight
  • Legend of Hero Tonma
  • Mystic Riders
  • Undercover Cops
  • In the Hunt
  • Superior Soldiers
  • Blade Master

Interesting bundle

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Guys, help a brother out here. Is AC4 supposed to run crappy maxed out on a 770 gtx or is there some setting that is jacking up the framerate? We live in strange times when I can run Crysis 3 better than the latest Assassin's Creed game.
The last two assassin Creed games have been incredibly CPU reliant and need something beefy to stay clear above 30 fps.

milena87

It's probably Environment Quality and here is a good guide on optimizing ACIV.

I have a 670 OC and I used the settings for the 680. It looked great and ran ok, but I wasn't trying to play at a steady 60 fps, the frame rate dips didn't bother me.

Arthea

I actually won something! Looks like giving away dozens of games actually kinda paid off a little bit! My code came with some other game. Tsukosomething.
Thanks, Deques!

Banner Saga's combat's probably its weakest element. That and the feeling like the game is just constantly out to screw you over. I mean, sure, end of the world and all... then, on rare occasions, good things happen, and it feels so valuable and it's like woaaaah, I get it. But yeah. Samey enemies. You basically have three types of robotguys, two types of human soldiers (archers and swordguys), and I am not sure I actually ever fought a varl. There's this sense that the game could have been a lot more robust than it was, but what it was ended up being fantastic.

Dragon Commander's got 10.5 hours now, including training. I'm in Act III, which I believe is the final act--but it's also the biggest map I've seen yet, and the second map was like... five hours of play. So it is possible this could go on for another seven or eight hours. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a 20 hour game.
99 spirits is a good game! Really it is, not only for cards. It has very original combat mechanics. Try it :)

About BS. That sucks, I was hoping for interesting combat. Well, let's hope next one will be better.

That's not so bad, if it's around 20 hours, still, I am usually considering first 10 hours being beginning and getting accustomed to a game in games like that, that's why I was surprised as you said 10 hours and you are near the end.

I knew, I had valid reason to wait!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hitman Contracts on steam, yay for completionists like me. Now Pandora Tomorow please

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of SR4, the Child's Play Pack is still up even though it was supposed to disappear coincident with the end of the Free Weekend (itself a stay of execution from the original end date of January 13th). If you've yet to snap it up I'd do so now as, assuming Volition wasn't telling porkies again, it'll probably disappear today.

Edit: Squeenix just added a QA branch to Contracts so I assume the curious issue of the game completely lacking ambient audio will be patched (none of the other Hitman games of yesteryears have additional branches).

New groupees bundle soon

From the chat:
  • Gobliiin's Trilogy
  • Rot Gut
  • Irem Arcade Hits
  • Saturday Morning RPG
  • Pineapple Smash Crew

• Kung-Fu Master
  • Vigilante
  • Ninja Spirit
  • R-Type Leo
  • Air Duel
  • Battle Chopper
  • Cosmic Cop
  • Dragon Breed
  • Gunforce
  • Gunforce 2
  • Hammerin’ Harry
  • Image Fight
  • Legend of Hero Tonma
  • Mystic Riders
  • Undercover Cops
  • In the Hunt
  • Superior Soldiers
  • Blade Master

Interesting bundle

sold… really liking this bundle. Probably because I never got to finish Goblins 1 and 3

drizzle

Axel Hertz
New groupees bundle soon

From the chat:
  • Gobliiin's Trilogy
  • Rot Gut
  • Irem Arcade Hits
  • Saturday Morning RPG
  • Pineapple Smash Crew

• Kung-Fu Master
  • Vigilante
  • Ninja Spirit
  • R-Type Leo
  • Air Duel
  • Battle Chopper
  • Cosmic Cop
  • Dragon Breed
  • Gunforce
  • Gunforce 2
  • Hammerin’ Harry
  • Image Fight
  • Legend of Hero Tonma
  • Mystic Riders
  • Undercover Cops
  • In the Hunt
  • Superior Soldiers
  • Blade Master

Interesting bundle

Yes, of course I'm buying this.

...R-Type Leo is such a cool/stupid name... I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom