• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

I didn't have a single issue because I don't keep a ton of games I never play installed. Self-control wins again.

I keep wanting to play DOTA 2, but then I think about people complaining about which Champion I choose and arguing over lanes, and then I just do something else instead.

I keep wanting to play DOTA 2, but then I think about people complaining about which Champion I choose and arguing over lanes, and then I just do something else instead.

Play with friends, I used to play DotA2 with a semi-static group of friends and had good time since they didnt care what hero I .could choose.

Faabulous

I just play All Random (or captains if I'm feeling competitive) so I don't have to worry about that. You should do the same.

Li Kao

One little day till the lord is upon us again, shining brightly over our dungeon-starved souls. Might & Magic, how I long for thee...
... and can't reasonably buy Legacy...
... and will possibly be let down...
... will buy anyway.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
One little day till the lord is upon us again, shining brightly over our dungeon-starved souls. Might & Magic, how I long for thee...
... and can't reasonably buy Legacy...
... and will possibly be let down...
... will buy anyway.

I actually just bought it a few minutes ago. I've been holding off since it's Uplay, but I didn't want to miss what could be the only way to get Might and Magic VI on Steam.

That Groupees bundle really is full of stuff that I really wish was on Steam. Irem and Raiden in particular would be great pickups. It's getting better with some of the indies out there, but SHMUPs and retro arcade titles are one of the areas that Steam really could use some more love in.

Dr Dogg

Well that was the least productive day at work in a long time. Mainly due to the fack I've spent the better half of the afternoon trying to find a cheapish copy of Star Trek D.A.C. that will redeem on Steam. Does anybody (and by that you know I mean JaseC) know if all retail copies are Steam redeemable? I've seen a few with packshots that have Games for Windows on the top and others that are like CD cases.

Also Batman Arkham Origins is plumeting in UK retail pricing. Seen a few copies for as little as £11 (plus postage to add on) and Tesco's by me had 1 copy left for £15 which is the cheapest it's been outside of Nvidia keys or traders.

fantomena

I had 200 game sinstalled, I cut it down to 45 games. I only have "endless" games, games that I can play to the infinity (Dark Souls, Spelunky, Risk of Rain, grand strategy games etc.) and am couple of SP games.

milena87

I have 104 games installed on STEAM, I feel that is excessive

I might have around 60 games installed. With my terrible internet connection I usually just leave the big games installed.
It took me a week to download The Witcher 2 (ok, the PC was not on at all times, but still...)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well that was the least productive day at work in a long time. Mainly due to the fack I've spent the better half of the afternoon trying to find a cheapish copy of Star Trek D.A.C. that will redeem on Steam. Does anybody (and by that you know I mean JaseC) know if all retail copies are Steam redeemable? I've seen a few with packshots that have Games for Windows on the top and others that are like CD cases.

Some retail copies of DAC activate on Steam. I found a bunch of them at my local shop a few months back (and that's where JaseC got his copy too). The ones I got were the Cosmi re-release, and they still contained Steam codes.

Like this one.

Why do so many people on my friends list have Blackguards? Is it supposed to be good? Just surprised because of the cost and there are several who don't generally play games in the genre.

jshackles

Paging jshackles...!

Sadly, I haven't played this one yet. This and Frozen Hearth are my next 2 games after I finish my current play through of Torchlight 2 (I'm in act 4 now).

Dr Dogg

Some retail copies of DAC activate on Steam. I found a bunch of them at my local shop a few months back (and that's where JaseC got his copy too). The ones I got were the Cosmi re-release, and they still contained Steam codes.

Like this one.

Cheers dude.

Granted that would probably cost me more to ship it over here than take a chance with amazon.co.uk. Thankfully though they have a listing with the same ASIN so if these definitely register I can pretty much hope I'm on to a winner.

jshackles

Cheers dude.

Granted that would probably cost me more to ship it over here than take a chance with amazon.co.uk. Thankfully though they have a listing with the same ASIN so if these definitely register I can pretty much hope I'm on to a winner.

These definitely register, unless there was some sort of re-printing that didn't contain Steam keys. The game is even listed on Steam's official "Retail CD Keys" list.

Is there a thread for Steam API talk or something of that nature? I can't seem to find one by searching. I'm trying (hoping) to get a list of all trading cards in the system in JSON format. It doesn't seem like that exists.

jshackles

Is there a thread for Steam API talk or something of that nature? I can't seem to find one by searching. I'm trying (hoping) to get a list of all trading cards in the system in JSON format. It doesn't seem like that exists.

You're correct, it doesn't exist. At least not in a public API.

Terra_Ex

Why do so many people on my friends list have Blackguards? Is it supposed to be good? Just surprised because of the cost and there are several who don't generally play games in the genre.

There was a very deep discount in a recent sale, and combined with using traders it could be obtained for a 75%~ discount, maybe that's why.

jshackles

Well that's a bummer. Thanks for the info.

It sucks because it seems like Valve hasn't updated their API in a very long time. I'd say the last big update to the API probably happened around 2010-ish. Since then, we've had great new features (like the marketplace) that could really benefit from a proper, public API.

ChronoX

I bought Hitman Absolution Professional edition on retail so I didn´t get Sniper Challenge. I found it later on g2play, yes one of those shady sites. It is only 0,49e there. I thought it was safe because it doesn't give you Steam key but a key you redeem on http://www.hitmansniper.com which then gives you a Steam key. I would never buy real Steam keys on those sites.

Thanks for this information. I've been trying to acquire that Sniper Challenge DLC for ages now and just got it off their website for $1.32.

zkylon

zkylewd
Glad you're enjoying it, despite the long cutscenes, there were a lot of attention to detail, and every character was great in that game :D

yeah I mean I can deal with long cutscenes, but these were pretty lame. and most of all I hate games that take forever to allow you to control your character

It sucks because it seems like Valve hasn't updated their API in a very long time. I'd say the last big update to the API probably happened around 2010-ish. Since then, we've had great new features (like the marketplace) that could really benefit from a proper, public API.

Yeah as I dig into this I'm starting to realize that as well. I've been trying to figure out how sites like Steam Card Exchange get their list of all cards, but I guess they're doing manual entry or scraping pages, neither of which I want to do. Oh well.

Dr Dogg

These definitely register, unless there was some sort of re-printing that didn't contain Steam keys. The game is even listed on Steam's official "Retail CD Keys" list.

Hahaha well it's too late now as I've taken the plunge.

Yeah I've been scouring the retail keys lost for all the stuff that's not available anymore and trying to at least get some of the lost titles in Steam (not the Lost title on Steam *shudders*). Fingers cross I can catch me all before they either disappear for good or get to silly prices.

Cheers for the links though.

jshackles

Hahaha well it's too late now as I've taken the plunge.

Yeah I've been scouring the retail keys lost for all the stuff that's not available anymore and trying to at least get some of the lost titles in Steam (not the Lost title on Steam *shudders*). Fingers cross I can catch me all before they either disappear for good or get to silly prices.

Cheers for the links though.

I'm kind of in the same boat. My quandary is that I can get retail copies of all of the old Football Manager games for about $10 each. (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012) They've all been removed from Steam. However, I know I'll never play any of these and I'd really just be buying them for the game count.

r3n4ud

I'm kind of in the same boat. My quandary is that I can get retail copies of all of the old Football Manager games for about $10 each. (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012) They've all been removed from Steam. However, I know I'll never play any of these and I'd really just be buying them for the game count.

And making Jase proud :p

Kuroyume

Banned
Anyone getting anything from groupees' retro bundle? Saturday Morning RPG kinda looks good, maybe. Pineapple Smash Crew looks good though.

jshackles

Daily Deal: Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition 75% Off

EDIT: beat this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom