• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cth

Daily Deal: Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition 75% Off

EDIT: beat this time!

Loved the iOS version but there's no way I wanted to pay the PC Premium price..

Great to see it on sale! Definitely worth picking up if you're a fan of tabletop RPGing.

Dr Dogg

I'm kind of in the same boat. My quandary is that I can get retail copies of all of the old Football Manager games for about $10 each. (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012) They've all been removed from Steam. However, I know I'll never play any of these and I'd really just be buying them for the game count.

Well then there's the region specifics apps as well. Expensive meta-game this hahaha.

I think since last year and a lot of stuff getting delisted I've been quiet continuous of the fact that I have been collection Steam games, some that I'll never play for about 3 years now. Mostly to keep a library of stuff that one day I might want or to at least have the option of having. Though with Family Sharing now there's even a greater incentive (I'm sure anyone with Stalin vs The Martians is very popular).

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Wow, openCanvas? What a pleasant surprise. I haven't used that program since version 1.1. Totally forgot it existed. Maybe I'll pick it up during the summer sale so I can get a few cards out of that ~$40.

you know what's ironic? People were blasting the SC on 'how can I play fighting games with it !!4!!!44', yet so far the few people who played SSF4 said it worked really well and better than an X360 controller :lol

Khronico

ModBot said:
Instructions for Khronico:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Khronico, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ARMA II -- MB-AAD6076804A01DA1 - Taken by Kirosia
UFO Afterlight -- MB-B05DF689E9CEF24B - Taken by Vandrar
Alpha Prime -- MB-759D8F4418AC3262 - Taken by Kuroyume
Take On Helicopters -- MB-76808CCFC4C70223 - Taken by fallout
Fish Fillets -- MB-1D5621EE9AD52778 - Taken by Nabs

For some reason I bought this bundle purely to play ARMA Tactics and ARMA Gold...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright what's up with the Fish Fillets talk? Is this Bad Rats II or am I getting a different vibe?

Cth

The idea for that game sounds so cool.
Screw the metacritic rating I have to try it once it goes on sale.

It's the best walking on the beach simulator out there.

Haven't bothered with the rest.. Figured my daughter would like walking on the beach.

Got 9.03m as well for what it's worth.

Oh yeah, finished Kentucky Road Zero Act 2 yesterday and more I played that game, more I liked it. Some really cool visual effects, good/interesting writing and scenarios and compelling atmosphere. Can't wait for it to continue

Zafir

Bah, Blackguards went up in price now it's launched. Was contemplating getting it yesterday for £18.99, but now it's up to £26.99. Bit too much to spend considering I've got Might and Magic X on it's way to me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like Borderlands 2's base price just dropped to $19.99

Dr Dogg

Well damn am I rusty at Dark Souls. Got spanked by
the first Gargoyle
twice last night (blaming using a clunky 360 pad and it's dinky triggers). Though just knocked them
both
out without being hit tonight so back on form.

Just noticed that the TF2 items are gone from my inventory.

I had the whole tab disappear from my inventory when Steam was getting DDoS attacks a couple of weeks ago. It returned after about a day though.

Grief.exe

Well damn am I rusty at Dark Souls. Got spanked by
the first Gargoyle
twice last night (blaming using a clunky 360 pad and it's dinky triggers). Though just knocked them
both
out without being hit tonight so back on form.

Metal Gear Rising will keep my reactions in top form for Dark Souls II.

oh yeah, regarding the empty space in the new SC model

Yeah, I asked them about that -- in the new layout, they haven't put in the three "reserved system buttons" (which basically correspond to start, back, and home) yet because they wanted to get a new prototype out really quick just to play with, and it takes additional time to figure out the circuitry for the system buttons. They said they'd almost certainly be putting those back in the empty space created up top.

If there was any doubt

zkylon

zkylewd
seems like steam is getting senile and sometimes confuses doto for l4d so I now have to reinstall it

How do you think I feel as a LoL player seeing you play "League of Retards" on my notifications?

:'(
hey dude I have over 1k hours of this game, I can call it however I want, specially since it ain't on stem >:3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom