• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid question, but if i bought a game, and it shows as me owning it in the store, but it doesn't show up in my library, and i can't get it to boot at all. Anything i can do, or is Steam just having issues today?

Backlogger

Kingdom Come Kickstarter looks pretty damn awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MefZfhxgpZE

Looks very interesting

A revolutionary combat system based on inverse kinematics, the only one of its kind to offer a rich, authentic yet easy-to-control, first-person melee experience. Based on actual 15th century fighting techniques and designed in cooperation with medieval martial arts experts.

So... not like Skyrim's melee combat system?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Working on building a custom price options menu to the search results.

DnRMgdB.png

Colin.

Played Arma Tactics for half an hour, the metacritic rating is accurate. What a turd. Bad gameplay, controls, and navigation. And the port feels completely effortless, to try and optimize it for PC at all. At least it was just a bundle game, sympathy goes to those that actually bought the game outright.

I forgot to recheck the 'save an uncompressed copy' option in Steam after having to reset my config earlier today.

I made a few really awesome screenshots, and now they're useless.

xl3hnac5geym.gif

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Really liking Insurgency. Got it cheap during the xmas sale but didn't play it until its 'official' release out of early access today. Reminds me a LOT of Red Orchestra, seems pretty polished too and very slick. Slow paced and absolutely requires teamwork. I tried taking some videos but my gameplay performance was so fuckin shameful in every single one I deleted them out of shame :p

Looking forward to trying the terrorist coop/hunt mode.

This mod sounds really interesting and raised my interesting in buying Skyrim, are there mods to fix the janky combat and the lack of conventional character status (STR, DEX, INT etc) ?

There's a few mods that change the leveling system and make the combat harder, but I'm not sure there's a mod that adds a system like you're describing. The game's just not built around supporting that. (Neither does it need a 'fix' for that, imo.)

Just check out the Skyrim GEMS website.

Grief.exe

Looks very interesting

A revolutionary combat system based on inverse kinematics, the only one of its kind to offer a rich, authentic yet easy-to-control, first-person melee experience. Based on actual 15th century fighting techniques and designed in cooperation with medieval martial arts experts.

So... not like Skyrim's melee combat system?

Hell no.

From the trailer it seems to be more like Chivalry or Mount & Blade

MRORANGE

Haven't been on Steam for a while, I was stuck on a delayed train home and decided to check the Steam store, saw that La-Mulana was cheaper than a coffee and bought it.

Came home and this happens when I launch Steam:

iCaHBnBr958WD.jpg

:(

Thanks Jawmuncher and EmergentFocus for the offer, I've declined both, so hopefully you guys can give it to someone more deserving.

Btw I hope I haven't missed anything in this thread, been mostly skim reading the last week or so due to work and such. Other than RE4 HD and Streaming Beta becoming live, I think there hasn't been any major changes to Steam?

Btw I hope I haven't missed anything in this thread, been mostly skim reading the last week or so due to work and such. Other than RE4 HD and Streaming Beta becoming live, I think there hasn't been any major changes to Steam?

Other than Steam being drunk and changing games in peoples accounts for no reason, nope nothing major.

There is a fix

edit : dammit Turf

Volimar

:(

Thanks Jawmuncher and EmergentFocus for the offer, I've declined both, so hopefully you guys can give it to someone more deserving.

They'll be hard pressed to find someone more deserving than you though.

Steam has a knack for randomly changing the downloading items in my queue. I'll check back and all of a sudden it's a totally different game downloading than the one that was before...

There's a few mods that change the leveling system and make the combat harder, but I'm not sure there's a mod that adds a system like you're describing. The game's just not built around supporting that. (Neither does it need a 'fix' for that, imo.)

Just check out the Skyrim GEMS website.

Thanks I'll bookmark that site for when I buy Skyrim.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
leftovers :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Two Brothers -- MB-3F3ACFFEE30A653C - Taken by PandaPedinte. 2 entrants total.

t1390432312z1.png

MRORANGE

It's been acting up something fierce today, with libraries switching names for games, etc.

Other than Steam being drunk and changing games in peoples accounts for no reason, nope nothing major.

There is a fix

edit : dammit Turf

They'll be hard pressed to find someone more deserving than you though.

Steam has a knack for randomly changing the downloading items in my queue. I'll check back and all of a sudden it's a totally different game downloading than the one that was before...

Ah ok thanks for that, probably explains why I have L4D3_aplha1_MP downloading at the moment.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any new bundle news I missed? any games added and whatnot?

HoosTrax

I just noticed that all of the Pixeljunk games I own on Steam have this number next to the PJ logo. Like 1-2, 1-3, 1-4.

Is "1-1" a game that's not on Steam?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Spiders I actually have fun jumping on now and rarely do I encounter them in short passages.

Giant Bees though, just the idea of being impaled by a giant stinger
--------------------------------------

UJhSCOt.jpg

What exactly am I agreeing to here?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nation Red got cards, probably old as shit, if so Im sorry :(

I made the grave mistake of trying to pause a Payday 2 update, now I'm stuck in a loop of Steam nearly crashing, my PC gets all sluggish and everything goes to hell. What a piece of shit patching solution they've come up with.

Spiders I actually have fun jumping on now and rarely do I encounter them in short passages.

Giant Bees though, just the idea of being impaled by a giant stinger
--------------------------------------

UJhSCOt.jpg

What exactly am I agreeing to here?

Selling your first-born son to the undead hordes.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm trying to add a non-steam game, and steam just keeps restarting. Any idea about why this would happen? I really want to be able to launch this collection of Raiden games though steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom