• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gvaz

Banned
More like Google and/or a reading service.

Given all the comments today about beta woes, may I ask those of you who are in the beta why you are?

I'm not challenging you at all, I'm merely curious what the attraction is given it can be so unstable.

I've always been in the beta and this is the first time it gave me issues with something. Could be the beta changes generally don't affect anything I normally do, except in this case.

Eanan

Capcom should totally so a resident evil humble bundle with a few other of their horror games to celebrate the release of resi 4 on steam...

Yeah you know you want to capcom...think of the publicity...

:-(

Capcom should totally so a resident evil humble bundle with a few other of their horror games to celebrate the release of resi 4 on steam...

Yeah you know you want to capcom...think of the publicity...

:-(

They probably won't since they're using RE4 to distract us from not updating their GFWL games.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
As much as I would love to have it on Steam, I can't really justify i when I have my Wii copy perfectly playable sitting on my shelf.

Cth

Woo hoo!

Games + 3 ..

Picked up:
- Eldritch
- Knights of Pen and Paper +1
- Paper Sorcerer

I thought I read somewhere that P.S. was handing out steam keys already? If not, any time frame?

JakeD

As much as there's been all this Resident Evil 4 hype over the last day I'm the only sod on my friends list who bought it. Many have added it to their wishlist though.

Waiting patiently for a store page on gmg/gamefly so I can use a coupon. I'd even settle for Amazon so I can use a gift card. It will be mine.

Grief.exe

As much as there's been all this Resident Evil 4 hype over the last day I'm the only sod on my friends list who bought it. Many have added it to their wishlist though.

You don't have me on your friends list?

As much as I would love to have it on Steam, I can't really justify i when I have my Wii copy perfectly playable sitting on my shelf.

Wii version emulated via Dolphin is probably tied for definitive with the new Steam version.

Both run at high resolution and have mouse controls.

Steam version has high-resolution textures out of the box and runs at 60 FPS while the Wii version has specular highlights (aka dat slime).
I would mean towards the former to be better.

Dr Dogg

Waiting patiently for a store page on gmg/gamefly so I can use a coupon. I'd even settle for Amazon so I can use a gift card. It will be mine.

Yeah I think with everyone one-upping each other with Metal Gear Rising prices has a lot of people holding out. That and it's just over a month until release so it's not like there's a rush. I was a little perplexed looking at my activity feed and seeing lots of "woo RE4!" posts but no bugger buying it.

You don't have me on your friends list?

Hahaha I still haven't got round to adding the majority of the regulars of SteamGAF. I'm in desperate need of some Steam house keeping but I've been particularly lazy as of late.

Given all the comments today about beta woes, may I ask those of you who are in the beta why you are?

I'm not challenging you at all, I'm merely curious what the attraction is given it can be so unstable.

To be honest, in all my time in the Beta program, I've only had to jump out of it once so I don't see it as unstable. Besides stuffing up my skin of course.

It was a bit annoying when Linux support first dropped because the updates were flying through, but essentially access to new and interesting features makes it worthwhile.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Im really happy about RE 4 on steam. Was pissed the 360/ps3 was digital only for US, and so the only real version of the game i could rely on to keep working in the future was emulated copies on dolphin or ps2. Means RE 4 will have an even longer lifespan, if thats even possible, since its been released so many damn times. Deserves it though.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What's so special about Hitman Contracts? Best game of the series or something like that?

Not necessarily, no. It just hasn't been on Steam or other DD services until now. It's the third game in the series. For a lot of us that have 1, 2, 4, and 5 finishing off the set is nice.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Also, the Steam Master Sub is kept updated or you get every game released until your hiring day and then you've to keep buying stuff for yourself?
Because in the second case, poor people hired before Steam who only got CS1.6. T_T

The sub is kept updated but you lose it if you leave (well, perhaps unless you're a veteran -- I don't see Gabe being forced to buy games again when he retires, for example).

Dr Dogg

The sub is kept updated but you lose it if you leave (well, perhaps unless you're a veteran -- I don't see Gabe being forced to buy games again when he retires, for example).

Shock horror she's played 2,000+ hours of her game but nothing of Portal 2.

I see him more going full Richard Garriott... and rightly so.

What Gabe in Spaaaaacce? Then again that's British's thing, Carmack has his rockets and Gabe has his racing I suppose.

HoosTrax

That's like some form of torture or something.

Also, to beat the dead horse: 2000 hours and never occurred to her to make a good game?
Hard to know what a good game is when you've only played three games (other than the ones you've been involved in making) for more than 3 hours. And I'm sure Morningbus would get on the fact that out of those three, Borderlands 2 is her most played.

Personally, I had a really hard time playing QC without a mental image of Q (wearing a stupid hat) speaking the Professor's lines.

Caerith

Sometimes as a creator you're blind to how shit your creation actually is.

The devil is real. I know, I built his cage.

If an author or painter makes a shit creation, they can at least set it aside for a week, then come back and look with fresh eyes before deciding whether to revise or ditch it.

If a game developer makes a shit creation, what can they do when there's an entire team behind it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom