• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamerloid

Whoa! Didn't see that one coming. Won thanks to the APS!

I can sleep well tonight seeing that both Final Fantasy games had an APS of 4.4.

cicero

SteamGAF ain't got no love for Volgarr and The Swapper?

I voted for Volgarr. I certainly didn't have Bioshock Infinite on my list.

The only true winner.

n6Qp5dY.jpg

Since I can tell that a lot of people here love Spelunky, is there anything I should keep in mind to maximize my enjoyment of the game? I bought it during the winter sales and only played it for about half an hour. However, I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed so far, but I don't tend to enjoy high-score/arcade games that much anymore. Maybe I'm wrong about what kind of game it is, too. I don't intend to give up on it until I've given it a proper chance, though.

ArjanN

Rogue Legacy beating Spelunky and Volgarr, SteamGAF confirmed bad at platformers.

If the person who had their vote disqualified had actually filled it correctly, would it have changed the winner?
Yes.

The funniest part of all this.

Since I can tell that a lot of people here love Spelunky, is there anything I should keep in mind to maximize my enjoyment of the game? I bought it during the winter sales and only played it for about half an hour. However, I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed so far, but I don't tend to enjoy high-score/arcade games that much anymore. Maybe I'm wrong about what kind of game it is, too. I don't intend to give up on it until I've given it a proper chance, though.

Just play more. It has a ton of depth that's not apparent at first.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I had hoped Super House Of Dead Ninjas would have gotten more votes, but at least this list should hopefully bring it some more attention for those that haven't looked into it yet or bought it without playing it yet.

A good strong list that while I obviously wouldn't vote for several of them, a good standing of things I now have to consider in the future if they have such love from some of our fellow Gaffers.

Thank you for putting it all together MRORANGE.

The_Monk

I'm sorry... but how did that Rogue Legacy won?

Isn't that one of those "indie" games? After winning that game from a very generous GAFfer, I decided it was not for me so I decided to trade for RAGE instead.

PS: If you don't get that this is a old joke don't come at me calling a Persona.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Great job with the results MRORANGE :)

I had to laugh though that not one single entry from my top ten was in the GAF top 10, hah!

Wow. I'm pretty sure that nothing I voted on made the top 10. Guess my tastes are just weird (but I feel slightly validated by the fact that I wasn't the only person to vote for The Cat Lady, which always seemed like a possibility)

Smash88

Banned
Thanks for the Steam GOTY MRORANGE!

I'm super happy with the outcome. The rightful #1 game won. (At least from the few games I had time to play in 2013)

Kovaelin

It seems weird to me that old games are making it on the list just because of them being released on Steam in 2013... Where's my King's Quest guys??

Tellaerin

Ah well. Mildly disappointed that Shadow Warrior didn't crack the top 10 (or hell, even come within spitting distance), but Rogue Legacy was on my list, so I'm happy.

It seems weird to me that old games are making it on the list just because of them being released on Steam in 2013... Where's my King's Quest guys??

It was limited to games that had been released on Steam in 2013 because Steam was the focus.

oipic

And Dust is 11th... so close!

If I had started playing this a couple of weeks earlier, it would've been in my votes - I could've made the difference!

On that: Mr O, I like your idea of shifting the voting back a little - perhaps voting could close when the holiday sale ends, or even a little later? I suspect the list would look a little different if the vote was held again now.

Wonderful job, MRORANGE! (and nice work, SteamGAF)

MRORANGE

I'm going to get something to eat, there must be an error or two in there, the data is all there if you want a have a gander.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Nice work Mr. ORANGE, really love the in depth graphs and stats provided at the end but damn you for posting both 2 and 1 at the same time IT RUINED MY JOKE JEEZ

Was a lot of fun to sit here with you guys and sweat what we knew was going to happen, Bioshock: Infinite almost taking home the gold. We thank our Rogue Legacy overlords from preventing this travesty.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
just finished brothers

pretty cool game, kind of what I was expecting, but I was hoping I'd enjoy it more mechanically

still worth the 8 bucks

and yes I was the only one that voted for hate plus :(

Its going to be $3 for those of us with coupons. Can't wait.

Grief.exe

Wow, almost made the top 10

11 | Dust: An Elysian Tail 2 ( 51 Points / 2.684210526 APS )

Also, Orange there is a 2 after the game that shouldn't be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom