• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

So... has the Heartbleed thing been fixed already, and it's safe to change them? I'm not quite clear on that. I'm getting a lot of "change your password!" advice, but... if the problem isn't fixed, what's the point?

It depends from site to site.
This isn't a thing that one person needs to fix, everyone that uses OpenSSL needs to fix it themselves... and some sites are rather slow at fixing it.
The answer is basically: check to see if it's been fixed before changing the password.
(Steam should be fixed)

fantomena

It really hard, especially if you did not level up the right character during the game (the game forces you to use a specific character for the last battle).

Okay. I just reached chapter 6. Hopefullt it won't be too difficulty. Im usually pretty bad at turn-based strategy games.

def sim

Ten minutes to go and my goat simulator credits has not kicked in yet.

iN4BXyNZ0Nf2a.png

Oh well, I'll use them on something else.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Playfire rewards still haven't been transferred to my GMG wallet and the 20% off DS II coupon is almost about to be "vanquished". I want to pay you with your own money, dagnabbit!
:(
EDIT: Woah, timing.

Dr Dogg

Honestly I think the better use of one's time is not just to change the passwords, but close all the unnecessary accounts. Ain't no one who actually needs 280 accounts. Close that shit down, lower your footprint!

Actually that's a way better idea. Cheers Stump!

Backlogger

Lego Hobbit is stupidly pretty at 2880x1620 locked at 60 fps. Damn.

I'm gonna have to replay some of these games once I have a 4K screen.

Yeah, the LEGO games have really improved their graphics quality in the last 3-4 games they have released. The load times on the xBox 360 are getting ridiculous (though that's probably more due to the open world aspects of the game than anything else)

styl3s

Where are people getting this 25% off coupon? I NEED DIS.

Also, why is Finn and Jake's Epic Quest $8? Isn't it 100% free to play on the CN website?

Hey guys, I'm looking for the best deal on Arma 3. I came across gamefanshop and they have it for $37.99. Is that site legit? There is a disclaimer saying:

"Dear Customers: GameFanShop is becoming an officially authorized shop by major publishers (Paradox, EA, Sega ...). This shop will be relaunched in 2 weeks.
During the transition period, many products will be temporarily unavailable. We are sorry about the inconvenience."

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I cracked as well. Jasec made me do it.

He lies! I advised that he wait for Wolfeystein!

Hey guys, I'm looking for the best deal on Arma 3. I came across gamefanshop and they have it for $37.99. Is that site legit? There is a disclaimer saying:

"Dear Customers: GameFanShop is becoming an officially authorized shop by major publishers (Paradox, EA, Sega ...). This shop will be relaunched in 2 weeks.
During the transition period, many products will be temporarily unavailable. We are sorry about the inconvenience."

Even assuming the disclaimer is true, it implies that the store isn't currently "officially authorised", so I'd err on the side of caution and wait for a deal elsewhere.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
The weird thing is, Playfire say's it transfered the reward money to my GMG account, but it isn't there.
Ah well, maybe tomorrow. Too bad about losing that 25% coupon. My budget is thirty euro's, so I guess i'll just have to play more games and earn a couple of cheevie's. :p

Nabs

The weird thing is, Playfire say's it transfered the reward money to my GMG account, but it isn't there.
Ah well, maybe tomorrow. Too bad about losing that 25% coupon. My budget is thirty euro's, so I guess i'll just have to play more games and earn a couple of cheevie's. :p

Could you be logged into the wrong GMG account?

Maxwood

A problem can occur if you made a new playfire account instead of using your gmg login.
I have my first GMG account and then one with my Playfire details. I know I'm not the only one in this boat.
A|h, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.
Not the case here, though. :)

JaseC

Praetorians has been included in a few bundles, but I wasn't interested since it wasn't on steam.

I'm afraid it's time to buy it, for the old times, when Pyro Studios made great games.

Somebody's ears were burning, haha:

It is a time of war in Europe. Driven by new ideas of Enlightenment, the hearts of men and women across the continent are inflamed with dreams of freedom and glory. Antagonism between the Empires is at an all time high and war seems inevitable. Millions of men prepare for battle, while the finest strategists draw up their plans for the domination of Europe. This is the moment for a military genius to forge himself a name to be remembered throughout all eternity. This is your moment.

Again, 30% off ($3.49) for the next week.

How is Two Brothers? I was watching the EC James Recommends video and he dropped Lynchian in there but didn't really embellish on that. It's a catch-all for absurdism these days but I'm a huge Lynch fan so it always hooks me anyway.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Somebody's ears were burning, haha:

Again, 30% off ($3.49) for the next week.

It really pisses me off when they put this kind of stuff on the Steam store and don't put the game's correct (actual) release date. First of all, it makes people think that this is a brand new game, and secondly it breaks Enhanced Steam's ability to filter these titles from the new releases section.

BruteUA

You guys enjoy your Dark Souls foolishness, I'm staying on the sidelines for that one. But if GMG gets Broforce? They can have all my Playfire credit.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
How is Two Brothers? I was watching the EC James Recommends video and he dropped Lynchian in there but didn't really embellish on that. It's a catch-all for absurdism these days but I'm a huge Lynch fan so it always hooks me anyway.

Do you mean Brothers: A Tale of two sons?

If so, highly recomended. Very well directed, and interesting gameplay.

Gave me a bit of psx nostalgia for some unconscious reason

JaseC

Don't put this on Stevie B..

You can't spell "Satan" without... err... "S"!

It really pisses me off when they put this kind of stuff on the Steam store and don't put the game's correct (actual) release date. First of all, it makes people think that this is a brand new game, and secondly it breaks Enhanced Steam's ability to filter these titles from the new releases section.

Yeah, there needs to be some sort of note in the submission form that asks for publishers to use the game's original release date.

Now, we just need Commandos: Strike Force back on steam ;)

I'd forgotten that Merge still publishes the game on GamersGate. Make it happen!

L.O.R.D

i started Batman AC GOTY for the first time
this game is beautiful
but, some places i had really really some low FPS
for example
the place when i track mr freeze and face the penguin , and where i fight 20 person and that TITAN

my pc can run AC4 in high without problem
i installed the last geforce driver

Kifimbo

So, Groupees Dollar Day$, not sure I understand. If I bought Be Mine 12, and now I buy the Shinyloot bundle for 1$, will I get Sword of the Stars ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom