• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
How is Two Brothers? I was watching the EC James Recommends video and he dropped Lynchian in there but didn't really embellish on that. It's a catch-all for absurdism these days but I'm a huge Lynch fan so it always hooks me anyway.

It borrows from the traditions of established fantasy, I would consider using Lynchian to be a disservice to both the game and Lynchian fans.

Nabs

BewareShop.jpg

Beware Planet Earth! is a beguiling mix of classic tower defense and time management coming to PC via Steam for the first time. Save your cows from the Martian invasion by building an effective defense using towers, traps and objects, and also by firing your Zapper directly at the invading force of little green men!

$9.99

Not as good as Nabs = you lose :p

We all win :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

In 2013 the Central Europe (Ukraine, Kiev) witnessed a catastrophe. Everybody was mystified by its cause. What happened was beyond peoples comprehension. Somebody called it the collision of worlds or the stratification of two dimensions.
The major part of Ukraine turned into the zone of paranormal phenomena. Numbers of people were killed. Those who stayed alive and managed to leave the zone told improbable stories…the zone lived according to its own laws.

$19.99.

HEY, STEVE BUSCEMI IS A WONDERFUL PERSON.

That's just what he wants you to think!

Code:
10:52   Kabouter	Decided to go ahead and change passwords on all important things anyway [re: heartbleed]
10:52	Kabouter	So much work
10:53	Kabouter	Origin wants a max 16 character password, jesus
10:53	stump	origin's is comical
10:53	stump	to change your password you need the answer to your "forgot my password" question
10:53	Kabouter	Yeah, I know
10:53	stump	but if you've forgot your password to login, you DON'T need the answer to reset your password
10:57	Kabouter	Omg Ubi your website is the biggest piece of shit
10:58	stump	yuuuuup
10:58	Kabouter	I can't actually load my account page
10:58	Kabouter	Like wtf is that
10:59	Kabouter	...and it's because it wanted to open a pop-up
10:59	Kabouter	IT'S 2014!
10:59	stump	yuuuup
10:59	Kabouter	WHO DESIGNED THIS PIECE OF SHIT WEBSITE
10:59	stump	probably yves guillemot
11:00	Kabouter	After reading the first three pages of a web design book and getting bored, presumably
11:01	Kabouter	I still haven't actually managed to change my password
11:01	Kabouter	Apparently my 'profile is loading'
11:02	Kabouter	Fuck this shit
11:02	Kabouter	I'm out
11:02	Kabouter	Fuck you Ubisoft
11:02	Kabouter	You suck donkey nuts
11:02	stump	hahah
11:02	stump	uplay more like usuck
11:02	Kabouter	Yes

just another day of trolling

And until this point I forgot that I had an account at Ubi for some reason.

Tizoc

Why do these Indies devs have such a hard on for Tower Defense? Growing up I don't recall playing any tower defense games, unless they had a following of sorts on PC.

styl3s

I want everyone who is getting this 25% discount to know that i am mentally pile driving you all through a flaming table.

Every single one of you.

Tizoc

I want everyone who is getting this 25% discount to know that i am mentally pile driving you all through a flaming table.

Every single one of you.

I'd give you my Dark Souls 2 25% discount coupon...if it weren't tied only to my account =/

styl3s

I'd give you my Dark Souls 2 25% discount coupon...if it weren't tied only to my account =/
Just an extra 5% it's not the end of the world.

I honestly don't even know why i am buying DS2 because i haven't play Demon's or DS1 because of how terrifying they look. But a buddy of mine swears to me that DS2 is more accessible and not as terrifying.

Why do these Indies devs have such a hard on for Tower Defense? Growing up I don't recall playing any tower defense games, unless they had a following of sorts on PC.

Tower defense was the rouge-like/moba of 5 years ago. I can't play any of them anymore but more power to those who enjoy them.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ghost Recon Online/F2P/Phantoms: Hallway simulator: the game.

Like... some spots are COMPLETELY for the enemy to push forward and hold and you can't fire through cover (AFAIK) to kill them. It's a little annoying to have someone with a Tier 3 stealth and SMG push through your lines (since you can't see them unless scan) get behind you. Their team caps the point that moves them forward/you back from the front and thereby that stealth dude holdes two chokepoints by himself killing you over and over and over and over and you can't flank because the damn maps are halls.

Thanks backlogger for war of the human tanks. Heard real good things about it.

Yeah because I told real good things about it.
Allow me to point to you a post by the publisher:
War of the Human Tanks is a story driven strategy game with a gameplay reminiscent of Battleship and Chess, featuring a story of war, loyalty, sacrifice and human shaped tanks.

For our second Steam release War of the Human Tanks; just yesterday we released a free map pack made from the top entries to our map design contest. Originally the plan was to include the winning entry in the game, but we liked these three entries so much that we had to share them with you.

didamangi

So it looks like Groupees trying out their own version of Indie Gala happy hour.

It’s Dollar Day$ for Be Mine 12. If you have 1 purchase of $3.50 or more, you can buy or gift full bundles for $1!

Anyone that bought the full bundle can hook me up with one? Will paypal you the dollar first of course :)

Thanks for this. I bought the game for $4 from Shiny Loot back in December.

I bought it from gamersgate for $2.5 via bluecoins myself.

Sweet, says 7 left so I hope I get one. My boxed copy doesn't have enough dust on it yet.
Aw shit, guess I won't be able to make it if my home not is being shitty again =/
There will be more rounds of giveaway I think, so if you miss out probably best to subscribed/keep an eye out.

Pachimari

Ghost Recon Online/F2P/Phantoms: Hallway simulator: the game.

Like... some spots are COMPLETELY for the enemy to push forward and hold and you can't fire through cover (AFAIK) to kill them. It's a little annoying to have someone with a Tier 3 stealth and SMG push through your lines (since you can't see them unless scan) get behind you. Their team caps the point that moves them forward/you back from the front and thereby that stealth dude holdes two chokepoints by himself killing you over and over and over and over and you can't flank because the damn maps are halls.

I really loved the time I have spent with Ghost Recon: Phantoms but I agree that the maps ain't great, they truly are hallways.

You guys are nuts with those Playfire Rewards. I think I'm at lifetime of a little over $10.

Oh, I know the feels. What's worse is that my seemingly-more-important websites, like my main banking website and my mortgage lender's site, actually have some of the weakest password requirements around. One of them has to be under 12 characters and not include symbols, for fuck's sake.

These people own my fucking house.

my lender is so secure, they won't even let me create a fucking account. I've been paying by check for almost 3 years out of frustration. I get to wait in like with the assholes who don't use direct deposit

L.O.R.D

i started Batman AC GOTY for the first time
this game is beautiful
but, some places i had really really some low FPS
for example
the place when i track mr freeze and face the penguin , and where i fight 20 person and that TITAN

my pc can run AC4 in high without problem
i installed the last geforce driver

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I really loved the time I have spent with Ghost Recon: Phantoms but I agree that the maps ain't great, they truly are hallways.

I haven't played since the beta, which I really enjoyed despite the laptop I was using not being powerful enough to run it. (Oops)

The map design and graphics downgrade (why does it look so pixely even on High?! It's freaking DX9!) are just baffling to me. Otherwise the gameplay itself isn't too bad for a F2P title.

didamangi

this game is beautiful
for example
the place when i track mr freeze and face the penguin , and where i fight 20 person and that TITAN

Probably the physx and/or directx 11 features, try lowering or turning them off.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Indulge in Explosions with Demolition Master 3D!
With Demolition Master 3D you will fill like the real bomb expert capable of tackling even the most complicated tasks. Travel to various countries and continents, take part in ambitious construction projects and demolish, demolish, demolish!
Demolition Master 3D is a sequel of popular game Demolition Master that already has hundreds of thousands
fans worldwide.

Demolition Master 3D will become your favorite game that will always stay with you in your device. Demolish
and enjoy excellent graphics, intensity and variety of levels.

30% off ($6.99) for the next week.

Probably the physx and/or directx 11 features, try lowering or turning them off.

Yeah, the DX11 renderer is woefully optimised. Switch to DX9 if you're not already using it.

Pachimari

I haven't played since the beta, which I really enjoyed despite the laptop I was using not being powerful enough to run it. (Oops)

The map design and graphics downgrade (why does it look so pixely even on High?! It's freaking DX9!) are just baffling to me. Otherwise the gameplay itself isn't too bad for a F2P title.

It looked super sharp on my rig. Didn't notice any pixely visuals. Maybe I didn't pay enough attention but it's a very pretty game.

this game is beautiful
for example

The game is notorious for its poor performance with DX11. Might want to knock it down to DX9 or compromise some of the DX11 stuff to get the game to run better.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Listen non-native English speaking publishers and developers: I will translate your bad English into good English for the cost of one key for your game.

I'll do the job really good, promise.

Knurek

You can watch the new show I guess.

Won't be the same, Colbert is a funny guy, but not as funny without his writers team. :\
Maybe CC will cast John Oliver - he did sub for Stewart last year and did a good job as 'anchor'.
EDIT: Oh fuck, he also left? Damn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom