• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

topyy

groupees learned from gala?
Be Mine 12 Dollar Days Sale! - If you purchased the bundle for $3.50, you can now buy or gift extra full bundles for $1 !!

9YQUJzU.jpg

DocSeuss

It takes something like 9 hours for the game to actually begin.

But oddly, the assassin that's not a boring person is only playable in the training bits.

I was moderately surprised to realize how much you can ACTUALLY DO as Haytham. The entire thing's still open, but it feels like you can't go do that stuff for some reason.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I hate how indiegala time remaining times keep changing

Jawmuncher

Very competent. Its art design/direction; the "real" mvc3; american made; no gimmicks; pc version is the superior version.

I don't play the game because I've always been bad at games with airdashes, and I never found a character that suits my playstyle.
v3aWOG9.png

Put Molly in Skullgirls 2
0aRHlpc.png

Im still holding out hope for PanzerFaust.
Dude had a damn tank on his arm.

Grief.exe

I've been playing Banished for a few weeks now and have been having a blast. I didn't earn any achievements on my first three cities, but I did learn a lot about the intricate systems within the game. In each of those cities I would hit a wall where my decisions would cause my city to destroy itself or prevent further expansion.
I've earned all of these achievements with the fourth city I built, and I am constantly learning something new.

I have about six more achievements I can earn on this city, the last four are challenges that you can do (IE get to a certain population without using certain buildings).

H3RyVzo.jpg

My city just hit ~875 population and has become fairly self-sustaining. At this point, I use the leather and wool from my hundreds of cows and sheep to produce warm coats, I also have 10 woodcutters that are constantly producing thousands of units of firewood.
I have six trading posts set up on the main river that trade these products for units of food and logs to continue my firewood racket.

This is where I initially started my town. The marketplace sits in the middle and is essential for supplying the homes radiating around it.

These little installations are essential for the mid-game where you are desperate for firewood to keep your citizens warm. They also help when you are first funding your trading empire through firewood production.

You basically use a forester to seed the forest, then clear cut the area once every few years. Hunter and Gatherer installations also feed off this area and can produce a significant amount of food. I have three foresters in this area that keep it full of mature trees.

My final expansion, as you can see there is still the remnants of one of the forester locations in the upper corner. I took everything I learned so far and trying to make this one as efficient as possible.
I will continue expansion and have more food production and industry in the northern section, with house radiating out from the lone marketplace in the middle.

Here are my second and third expansions. They started off quite efficient, but the population of explosion in year 50 necessitated my need for farms....I've spent 15 years stabilizing after that mess.

I will clean these up once I've completed my final expansion.

ArjanN

I can't tell if They Bleed Pixels is a good challenge or just a bit brutally unfair.

It's brutally hard, but not unfair IMO.

931bf719b96cb7554e94ca720f2aaf8a779c27bb.jpg

Elder God
S Rank all levels.

Hope your walls are punch-proof.

Listen non-native English speaking publishers and developers: I will translate your bad English into good English for the cost of one key for your game.

I'll do the job really good, promise.

Really well. Unless that was the joke.gif

It is easy to see that RE: Revelations is a port from a 3DS game. While I wouldn't call it ugly, it is notably less of a looker than RE5.

That said, I think RE5 has hold up pretty well. Especially the character models, Sheva's in particular is pretty great.

What was it? Lol

EDIT: Ah, Google says Al Qaida Simulator 2014 for $5 to release on 9/11/14 of course.

Video

It was apparently going to come with a free bonus DLC in which you can stop the attack.

Story:
You play as a member of Al Qaida and must do a lot of terror attacks. Like fly with plants into towers, go with bombs to the enemys and shoot with guns!

Gameplay:
Fly, shoot, make suicide attacks.

Minimum requirements:
Windows XP with SP2 or later; Windows 7 with SP1 or later; Windows 8; Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later. Note that Unity was not tested on server versions of Windows and OS X. Windows Vista is not supported.
Graphics card with DirectX 9 level (shader model 2.0) capabilities. Any card made since 2004 should work.
Using Occlusion Culling requires GPU with Occlusion Query support (some Intel GPUs do not support that).

It was Al Qaida Simulator. A really crappy game where you crash a plane into the Twin Towers.

Edit: I wonder if me posting this has set off some red flags at the NSA or something. Probably.

It is easy to see that RE: Revelations is a port from a 3DS game. While I wouldn't call it ugly, it is notably less of a looker than RE5.

That said, I think RE5 has hold up pretty well. Especially the character models, Sheva's in particular is pretty great.

Capcom really do make some of the most gorgeous games around and I can't wait to see what they have in the works for next-gen other than Deep Down. Even though RE6 had some very inconsistent textures it had some of the best character models I've seen. Plus the animation and lighting quality was excellent.

But yeah, given it's age RE5 holds up very well visually.

Firebrand

Hum. Decided to install Sleepy Dawgs and give it a go after someone mentioned it in that other thread about last-gen games on PC. Runs smoothly on highest settings... except for the cutscenes, which are really choppy for some reason. Are they locked to 30 like some other games, anyone know? My monitor's refresh rate is some weird 59Hz too which might be adding to the jitter.

lotsa Banished
Damn. Now I want to get this. DS2 is just around the corner though, hrm...

DocSeuss

I've been playing Banished for a few weeks now and have been having a blast. I didn't earn any achievements on my first three cities, but I did learn a lot about the intricate systems within the game. In each of those cities I would hit a wall where my decisions would cause my city to destroy itself or prevent further expansion.
I've earned all of these achievements with the fourth city I built, and I am constantly learning something new.

I have about six more achievements I can earn on this city, the last four are challenges that you can do (IE get to a certain population without using certain buildings).

H3RyVzo.jpg

My city just hit ~875 population and has become fairly self-sustaining. At this point, I use the leather and wool from my hundreds of cows and sheep to produce warm coats, I also have 10 woodcutters that are constantly producing thousands of units of firewood.
I have six trading posts set up on the main river that trade these products for units of food and logs to continue my firewood racket.

This is where I initially started my town. The marketplace sits in the middle and is essential for supplying the homes radiating around it.

These little installations are essential for the mid-game where you are desperate for firewood to keep your citizens warm. They also help when you are first funding your trading empire through firewood production.

You basically use a forester to seed the forest, then clear cut the area once every few years. Hunter and Gatherer installations also feed off this area and can produce a significant amount of food. I have three foresters in this area that keep it full of mature trees.

My final expansion, as you can see there is still the remnants of one of the forester locations in the upper corner. I took everything I learned so far and trying to make this one as efficient as possible.
I will continue expansion and have more food production and industry in the northern section, with house radiating out from the lone marketplace in the middle.

Here are my second and third expansions. They started off quite efficient, but the population of explosion in year 50 necessitated my need for farms....I've spent 15 years stabilizing after that mess.

I will clean these up once I've completed my final expansion.

I'm really, REALLY curious how you managed to get such a good seed. Seriously, I keep getting areas with very little flat space, making it hard to do much. Also, my towns die. Even my most successful ones. I am not good at this game, though I do enjoy it. I neeeed your protips.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So what was the verdict regarding the Paypal Spring Sale? https://www.paypal.eu/EN/gamingsale/

Totally legit?

Partially not legit. They're partnered with G2A, a Steam key reseller. This means you might get your key new and be completely fine, or you might get an already used key.

Desura is fine, though. As in Ghost Control seems to be fine.

COD Ghosts is through G2A, so avoid that one.

Worms goes right to Team 17's website, so it's safe.

It was worse when the Paypal sales started. Everything was through G2A then.

Tizoc

Hum. Decided to install Sleepy Dawgs and give it a go after someone mentioned it in that other thread about last-gen games on PC. Runs smoothly on highest settings... except for the cutscenes, which are really choppy for some reason. Are they locked to 30 like some other games, anyone know? My monitor's refresh rate is some weird 59Hz too which might be adding to the jitter.

Cutscenes should match the actual in-game frame rate. In my case cutscenes are 60 FPS and so is the same when I am playing and controlling Shen.

Anyone have Sleeping Dogs crash to desktop when you choose continue game? Windows 8.1 but I played it with 8 when it came out without issues.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
today is the 11th

the 11th is not the 25th damn it >_<

Firebrand

Cutscenes should match the actual in-game frame rate. In my case cutscenes are 60 FPS and so is the same when I am playing and controlling Shen.
Hmm, alright, cheers. Gonna try dropping the graphics a bit and see if that fixes it, or if there's some (hyper)threading issues or the monitor refresh. This is on a 770, maybe I'm too greedy to expect that's enough to drive it at everything maxed out at 1680 and the HD pack.

derExperte

Anyone have Sleeping Dogs crash to desktop when you choose continue game? Windows 8.1 but I played it with 8 when it came out without issues.

Two CTDs when starting missions but it worked the second time. 8.1.1 here (which btw supposedly has fixed the mouse-lag problem for good).

Try verifying integrity of the game cache.

Anteater

yeah the cutscenes seem to be running at a lower framerate for me too if I remember correctly, even though fraps would report 60, I guess it's to do with the animations or something.

didamangi

How would I tell if I need to use Durante's RGB tool for my Nvidia card?

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=83

Here's and easy test anyone with a pc can do. Just open paint and create 5 black squares with 8 bit RGB values of 0/0/0, 5/5/5, 10/10/10, 15/15/15, 20/20/20 save it as a file that you can view on the device your screen is connected to so you can see it (obviously making sure it has the full RGB pallet). Set it up for full range and then view the picture. If all 5 squares are unique variations then you're good to go. If the first 4 square are the same tone when you have it set to full range you've just clipped 46,000+ colours.

Here's the 5 black squares created by HoosTrax:

Also if you're not using hdmi connection you don't need it.

louiedog

Do you have the latest update which brought Metro apps to the task bar and such?

Nope. I've selected it twice and rebooted since it came out, but for whatever reason it still hasn't installed, maybe because other smaller updates bumped it off the list. I was going to try again a bit later.

kulapik

I forgot to make a giveaway yesterday, but that's going to be fixed now. :) 4 days to go to my birthday :D

ModBot said:
Instructions for kulapik:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Spelunky -- MB-9072FBDC2D644AAF - Taken by zkylon. 32 entrants total.

t1397257393z1.png

Khronico

Why is there such a huge disconnect between CoH2's user ratings on Steam and reviews elsewhere?

From what I remember, CoH2 got a lot of flack for not being very different from its predecessor. The multiplayer was also pretty divisive, as the two sides are basically exactly the same and don't require a different playstyle (they may have patched this, I'm just going off of what I've heard other people say), and other reasons (bad dlc where you can buy new commanders with OP abilities).

Singleplayer campaign is supposed to be pretty good. I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom