• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsyndrome

Yeah, if a game supports controller, I'll definitely play it with a controller.
I'm all about controllers, but I can't just default go with one over the other. For instance, Skyrim controller is inherently gimped compared to KB-M Skyrim, SkyUI included obviously.
Even ones on PC I use a controller for I'll use the mouse for some aspects of it (Witcher 2). I don't think it's right to write off an entire game if it only uses one input though. Pick what works for you and play vidyagames.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
iF8c4IMvymLOS.gif

Asco.

zkylon

zkylewd
I was mainly joking but League of Legends describes the game way less than Project Cars, both of which are pretty lame names though.
oh yeah, it's not descriptive at all, although it has that "meaningless generic fantasy words" thing that mobas seem to go for, so i guess that points you in the right driection

i agree, project cars is an awful name. this whole time i honestly thought that was placeholder name.
yeah me too

the game might be amazing for all my limited understanding of cars and car games, but project cars barely qualifies as a name

go with a ps4 controller!! they're much better imo. plus you can use the trackpad for extra inputs if you'd like

I already have a DS3 controller that I've been using all these years. I've always wanted a pure x-input controller which is xbox.
Moreover, there are still very few games that have native playstation input. It just feels kinda weird when I see xbox input on the screen when I'm using a playstation controller.

LuuKyK

Project Dolphin

GameCube-Console.png

I miss my brother's GC. He traded it for like a 128mb MP3 player or something.

I loved this console. Its so underrated. :|

It was no PS2, and Nintendo made some dumb choices to go with it, but it had great games, and it looked awesome.

I already have a DS3 controller that I've been using all these years. I've always wanted a pure x-input controller which is xbox.
Moreover, there are still very few games that have native playstation input. It just feels kinda weird when I see xbox input on the screen when I'm using a playstation controller.

you install DS4Tools and all games will treat your ps4 controller as a xbox controller. you can set it up to open with windows so you don't have to worry about anything. just plug in the controller and thats it. i have a controller connected to my pc at all times and I've had little to no issues with it.

iosefe

you install DS4Tools and all games will treat your ps4 controller as a xbox controller. you can set it up to open with windows so you don't have to worry about anything. just plug in the controller and thats it. i have a controller connected to my pc at all times and I've had little to no issues with it.
DS4Windows, you mean

Unicorn

Speaking of controllers. I'm hosting a CRAWL get together with friends and looking for controller setups for my surface. My friend mentioned something to get support for the game cube adapter for Wii U. Anyone know about that? Link? Trying to set it all up with my Surface Pro 2.

I'm so excited to play CRAWL this weekend haha. Good ol arcadey fun

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I loved this console. Its so underrated. :|

It was no PS2, and Nintendo made some dumb choices to go with it, but it had great games, and it looked awesome.

Res 4,Metal Gear, Pikmin, WindWaker, Meele.
I do have a soft spot for it.

Basically, the only time where I owned more than one console. ps2 and gamecube. Ah, good ole days.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is Van Helsing 2 on consoles? Because it has a controller specific UI which was annoying me imensely until I found the option to turn off the controller and the game became a normal dungeon crawler

But yeah if it's not on consoles it's so weird how it's completely made for a controller if you choose so

Turfster

God, I'd forgotten about the jumping puzzles in Dark Forces.
They're pretty much impossible to do these days.

The Grave Digger keys now available at IGS

I had mostly been using the XBO controller on PC lately, but I may not go back from the DS4 now.

Being able to use the touchpad as a mouse is a pretty awesome bonus.

Yeah, I did my research.
It's basically no hassle to install DS4 controller on PC, less hassle than the DS3 certainly. I guess I'll reconsider it then.

MUnited83

For you.
Is Van Helsing 2 on consoles? Because it has a controller specific UI which was annoying me imensely until I found the option to turn off the controller and the game became a normal dungeon crawler

But yeah if it's not on consoles it's so weird how it's completely made for a controller if you choose so

It's on PS3 and 360, yeah.

Dsyndrome

When did that happen?

Either January or February. One time when it went to update it said it was called InputMapper now, still installs into DS4Windows folder though. Probably some licensing thing they didn't want to get involved with, no change in features as far as I can tell. I use the non-paid version... which I now plan to change and donate to in light of last week's realization for mods/programs/etc.

When 2 came out it didn't have any controller support or UI. It was patched in later to match Van Helsing 1's controller UI.

I think 3 is out next month, though they seem to be surprisingly low key about it this time.

I don't see any reason why they would be removed and I don't see anything on Steamdb, but I can't seem to find either of the Afterfall games on the Steam store, and clicking on the store page button for either of them just takes me to the main Steam store page.

Nabs

Either January or February. One time when it went to update it said it was called InputMapper now, still installs into DS4Windows folder though. Probably some licensing thing they didn't want to get involved with, no change in features as far as I can tell. I use the non-paid version... which I now plan to change and donate to in light of last week's realization for mods/programs/etc.

You guys are talking about two different programs. The better one is still called DS4Windows (ds4windows.com), the other one (that charges to remove ads) changed it's name.

zkylon

zkylewd
PS2 had that insane third-party support tho
I traded my N64 for a PS1. No regrets at all.
yeah also here in argieland ps1 and 2 games were only found pirated which meant i got to play all kinds of things, while i actually had to rent majora's mask over weekends and rush through it over and over until i finally managed to get all the masks

but i wish i had kept it tho, and waited a bit to buy that ps2, but ff10 was just blowing me away back then....

Dsyndrome

You guys are talking about two different programs. The better one is still called DS4Windows (ds4windows.com), the other one (that charges to remove ads) changed it's name.

Interesting. Didn't know they went their separate ways. What makes it better other than the lack of ads?

Dsyndrome

Ability to hide the DInput controller.
Needed for some games, LEGO and Mark of the Ninja come to mind.
InputMapper's got Exclusive Mode that turns off the Direct Input, and vice versa for turning off the 360 emulation. Unless it's something else you're talking about...
Edit: Anything that ended up being stupid I've had to use Xpadder for, like old games that don't register the triggers as buttons (since they're technically another axis for 360).

Notice: Toren requires a controller to play.

Nope, no thanks.

It seems you've just earned yourself a spot on my list. Congratulations! Johnny, tell him what he's won.

Here you go you damn weirdos!

They don't force you to use a gamepad? Might have to take it off my wishlist.

I miss my brother's GC. He traded it for like a 128mb MP3 player or something.

Why would you miss it? :3
I think he most likely ripped the other guy off... hell, you can probably emulate most of the GC stuff these days on PC anyway.

ds4windows never worked properly for me. Maybe it's because I had scpserver installed already and something was off after that... maybe trying to install it and having it blow dead bears is the reason Sacred 3 now runs like ass. :\

Nabs

Interesting. Didn't know they went their separate ways. What makes it better other than the lack of ads?

A lot comes down to personal preference. I prefer the interface of DS4Windows, it's clean and easy to figure out. It's also very light, and just disappears once you set it up.

ds4windows never worked properly for me. Maybe it's because I had scpserver installed already and something was off after that... maybe trying to install it and having it blow dead bears is the reason Sacred 3 now runs like ass. :\

SCP is probably why it didn't work. With SCP, you have to do some things that end up making your computer think it's an actual 360 pad, meaning these programs just don't see it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't see any reason why they would be removed and I don't see anything on Steamdb, but I can't seem to find either of the Afterfall games on the Steam store, and clicking on the store page button for either of them just takes me to the main Steam store page.

I think the games are owned by Intoxicate, in which case the explanation may be that Nicolas' publishing contract expired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom