• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

Aight steamgaffam what game should I go. They're all pretty much the same price and I preferably wanna get one. Although I do have a job interview coming up next week and if that goes well, i might splurge

sooooo should I get mafia II, bioshock, or republic commando?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Aight steamgaffam what game should I go. They're all pretty much the same price and I preferably wanna get one. Although I do have a job interview coming up next week and if that goes well, i might splurge

The first Bioshock? There are probably unclaimed keys floating around from many of the times it's been given away/bundled.

Mafia II is...A kind of mediocre third person game pretending to be an open world game. Really lovely period era set pieces and assets to admire. Playboy centerfolds to collect. A nice story, well acted. Just sort of lacking any real stand out mechanics to praise and it doesn't really do anything with being open world, y'know?

Republic Commando is a FPS with a pretty simple tactical command mechanic. It's been so long since I've played it, but I remember enjoying it. But I'd recommend it more strongly to someone who's got some enthusiasm for going on a Star Wars ep-I-III binge. Watch the animated shorts and then play it, something like that.

With SCP, you have to do some things that end up making your computer think it's an actual 360 pad, meaning these programs just don't see it.

Yeah, I removed it all before going with DS4windows... and then I had issues when it came to the controller being recognized over USB, I think? Whatever the problem was, I ended up saying "eff this, I'm going back to SCP server".

If I end up with a "fresh" install after upgrading to windows 10, I'll probably give DS4windows another go.

I played the first using a gamepad and it worked just fine.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't suppose someone wants to split A Hat in Time's DDE? $20 each and you get access to the beta, which you can play now.

Edit: Went ahead and bought it. PM me if you'd like to pick up the spare DDE for the aforementioned price.

Edit edit: Actually, make it $15.

Edit edit edit: Sold to wilflare.

Deques

Go for Mafia 2. The game got 50 pin-up posters as collectibles. It's a reason enough to play the game

Yay!

this-is-beautiful.gif

Call me crazy, but as a person who generally doesn't like JRPG's, like at all, I almost want to play through the FFXIII games just to see what all the talk is about as I know next to nothing about them and I wouldn't mind trying them out to see if my opinions on JRPG's have changed at all.

If you want to judge JRPG genre, FFXIII would be the worst choice to pick.
JRPG is a very broad genre, each title can be totally different with the other.
What JRPGs you've played in the past?

If you want to judge JRPG genre, FFXIII would be the worst choice to pick.
JRPG is a very broad genre, each title can be totally different with the other.
What JRPGs you've played in the past?

A couple of Final Fantasy games like X and a PSP one I can't remember the name of, Valkyria Chronicles (which I liked), a few Pokemon games if they count and Persona 4 on the Vita, that's about all the ones I've played to any really length, most other ones I've played I've given up on pretty early.

zkylon

zkylewd
if u wanna dip into jrpgs just play persona <3

you can't go wrong with persona

everyone loves japan right

also if you can find a copy (in whatever means you see morally just) try and get suikoden 2. that game's awesome!

A couple of Final Fantasy games like X and a PSP one I can't remember the name of, Valkyria Chronicles (which I liked), a few Pokemon games if they count and Persona 4 on the Vita, that's about all the ones I've played to any really length, most other ones I've played I've given up on pretty early.

If you've played both FFX and Persona 4 and didn't like them, then I'd say stay away from FFXIII lol.
Both are considered few of the best of JRPGs around.

also if you can find a copy (in whatever means you see morally just) try and get suikoden 2. that game's awesome!

I played Persona 4 Golden on Vita and sort of liked it, the high school drama was more fun then the actual gameplay but I grew tired of it after about 10 ish hours.

If you've played both FFX and Persona 4 and didn't like them, then I'd say stay away from FFXIII lol.
Both are considered few of the best of JRPGs around.

Fair enough lol.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

All I want is for Sega to pull some strings and get Atlus to put at least Persona 5 on PC.

We're way overdue for some Persona love ;-;

zkylon

zkylewd
I played Persona 4 Golden on Vita and sort of liked it, the high school drama was more fun then the actual gameplay but I grew tired of it after about 10 ish hours.
i mean i haven't played much of 4 but 3 was awesome and the combat is a bit repetitive but i love it nonetheless

do try suikoden 2, tho. it's awesome

All I want is for Sega to pull some strings and get Atlus to put at least Persona 5 on PC.

We're way overdue for some Persona love ;-;

you don't even like anime ;_;

don't ever listen to zky, Persona 3 is a horrible game, only redeeming quality of it are characters, everything else sucks.

wtfffffffffffffffffffff

these terrible opinions i cant deal with themmmmmmm

Role-playing in GTA V?
Why not? :D
These are confirmed features for Los Santos Life.

- HUD & UI: to display key items such as money and physical state of character.
- Careers: Two introductory groups, Police & EMS. Players can form businesses in an industry of their choice, be it oil and cars to property and telecommunications.
- Real Estate. Property will be tradable on an open market.
- Money-making: Many cash-generating industries, both legal and illegal.
- Inventory: Players will be able to carry additional items such as drugs, mobile phones, food, resources and more.
- Character generation: Players can have the option of having a character created for them to roleplay. The player will take this identity and create a background history for them to roleplay.

DocSeuss

Servo's hitting Steam tomorrow, as I understand it.

Been a long time since we got a game from some of the Age of Empires 2 folks.

EDIT: Oh, cool, Solarix is coming out today.

EDIT 2: Oh, wow, Chroma Squad out of nowhere. Awesome.

Almost done with my hard play-through of Space Marine, I'm on the final chapter right now. Game is 75% off (8.24$CND) until May 4th, and it's totally worth buying. JUST the base game tho. None of the DLC is, even if the DLC and game are like 15$ together. The DLC is all for the co-op and multiplayer which are pretty dead. It's such a ludicrously fun shooter, even if you aren't a fan of Warhammer. The way enemies explode like ripe tomatoes is so damned awesome.

I just beat Jet Set Radio HD. Its such a fun/happy game. That soundtrack is so goddamn too. T'was a bit surprising that Dj Professor K's voice is Augustus Marks from Sons of Anarchy

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmm, I can't seem to set my resolution in A Hat in Time at or above 1680x1050, and the character/world texture quality settings are locked to High even though they go up to Ultra.

Edit: Found ResX/ResY in one of the ini files.

Phinor

Servo's hitting Steam tomorrow, as I understand it.

The founders alpha starts today (Thursday) and as per usual, Stardock published games even during alpha are done through Steam. The Early Access isn't happening anytime soon though, the only way to join the alpha is to buy it directly from Servogame.com.

I've no idea how this game is going to turn out. It's supposed to be RTS with emphasis on Servo units and upgrading them, but the price point of $20 is what worries me. Can it really be a great RTS at that price point. For comparison, their other upcoming RTS Ashes of the Singularity is priced at $50.

Maniac

Banned
that's just a terrible interpretation of the reality of it looking gorgeous and now being really easy to read at a glance vs the old muddy look

:>

Lets be fair though, summoners rift is unreadable and muddy as fuck now...

Or well, dunno bout unreadable, but I think it's outright ugly. The thing I always liked about LoL, and the thing I thought they really had going for them was that... Fantastical colourfulness, silly look, you know?

I really liked that.
There's no Dinosaur Champion in either Dota or LoL. What a missed opportunity to get me to play those games.

I was gonna say Disruptor rides one, but I dun got beat.

I will say, however, that the Faceless Rex courier will likely be added within a few weeks. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom