• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

One of the best gaming sensations ever easily.

Well now that I've got a few upgrades from the Dark Knight Challenges the combo numbers are getting ridiculous. I wonder how Rocksteady are going to answer to the improvements WB Montreal made to the combat?

Chromatic abrasion is the new bloom lighting.

I agree. Both can be good effects in an aesthetic sense when used in the right environment and with subtly. Unfortunately 99% of the time they are used in the wrong setting and dialled up to 11.

Jawmuncher

Lets be fair though, summoners rift is unreadable and muddy as fuck now...

Or well, dunno bout unreadable, but I think it's outright ugly. The thing I always liked about LoL, and the thing I thought they really had going for them was that... Fantastical colourfulness, silly look, you know?

I really liked that.

I was gonna say Disruptor rides one, but I dun got beat.

I will say, however, that the Faceless Rex courier will likely be added within a few weeks. :3

Finally
637x358.resizedimage

MadGear

I don't know if its the lack of sleep but I'm not sure I understand this game ban right.
Playing games should be fun. In order to ensure the best possible online multiplayer experience, Valve allows developers to implement their own systems that detect and permanently ban any disruptive players, such as those using cheats.

Thats obviously the way it has been ever since but what is the benefit of informing Valve about this ban? Is it just to "stigmatize" that player as a cheater for everyone to see on their profile or will this have further implications for the cheater as in restricting access to the game?

Lain

I don't know if its the lack of sleep but I'm not sure I understand this game ban right.

Thats obviously the way it has been ever since but what is the benefit of informing Valve about this ban? Is it just to "stigmatize" that player as a cheater for everyone to see on their profile or will this have further implications for the cheater as in restricting access to the game?

Devs use their own way to find out if you're cheating. If they believe you're cheating because you trigger their checking software, they report it to Valve and Valve bans you from that game, permanently. If the player has something to say about that, they have to contact the dev and not Valve.

madjoki

Devs use their own way to find out if you're cheating. If they believe you're cheating because you trigger their checking software, they report it to Valve and Valve bans you from that game, permanently. If the player has something to say about that, they have to contact the dev and not Valve.

It's up to devs to enforce bans too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A Hat in Time is the beta-est beta I've played in a while.

And:

- The game defaults to 1600x1024 and I can't set my resolution to 1680x1050 in the options menu (it's there but selecting it doesn't do anything)
- The general character quality setting instantly reverts back to High after moving away from said setting
- The character and world texture settings can't be adjusted at all (they're also stuck at High)
- Completing one of the "dream world" sequences in the first level causes the game to crash (I've tried twice now)

I think I'll wait for another patch before trying my best to complete the first level.

baterism

Free to play Metal Slug Defense releases tomorrow.

I remember trying it on Android, and delete it after playing it several times. I don't get how to play it at all. Same thing with Chain Chronicles. It's... hard, confusing, full of windows in small screen.
SNK's sprite works are still something btw.

Dr Dogg

And:

- The game defaults to 1600x1024 and I can't set my resolution to 1680x1050 in the options menu (it's there but selecting it doesn't do anything)
- The general character quality setting instantly reverts back to High after moving away from said setting
- The character and world texture settings can't be adjusted at all
- Completing one of the "dream world" sequences in the first level causes the game to crash (I've tried twice now)

I think I'll wait for another patch before trying my best to complete the first level.

Considering the amount of Ubisoft games you play that's an achievement!

I take it the game is running on UE3 judging by one of your earlier posts? If that's the case you might be able to alter one of the higher level ini files or take note of what settings change in the user *Engine.ini and/or *Game.ini and then make the files read only. Usually works for games that revert their settings regardless of the in game options but I've had it lock up on me doing that as well. Though it sounds like there a few more issues than that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Considering the amount of Ubisoft games you play that's an achievement!

Haha, yeah, I was about to edit in an Ubisoft joke. ;)

I take it the game is running on UE3 judging by one of your earlier posts? If that's the case you might be able to alter one of the higher level ini files or take note of what settings change in the user *Engine.ini and/or *Game.ini and then make the files read only. Usually works for games that revert their settings regardless of the in game options but I've had it lock up on me doing that as well. Though it sounds like there a few more issues than that.

Yeah, I considered doing that earlier but then decided it can be a job for Future Jase. I'll get around to it once I decide to play the game again.

I sold my spare DDE to wilflare, the money from which went towards the Baron tier of Kingdom Come: Deliverance (for alpha/beta access), so I'll be giving that a whirl in about 17 minutes.

Edit: Oh, and yeah, Hat is UE3.

wilflare

anything interesting over at Steam?
things seem to have died down a little after the whole paid mods debacle

and it's nice to see that the Steam Android app has been getting updates

wilflare

Haha, yeah, I was about to edit in an Ubisoft joke. ;)

Yeah, I considered doing that earlier but then decided it can be a job for Future Jase. I'll get around to it once I decide to play the game again.

I sold my spare DDE to wilflare, the money from which went towards the Baron tier of Kingdom Come: Deliverance (for alpha/beta access), so I'll be giving that a whirl in about 17 minutes.

Edit: Oh, and yeah, Hat is UE3.

thanks JaseC - hehe if u are selling anymore of your spare tiers please tell me

Uzzy

so it turns out that MKX really IS just another "quality" port from High Voltage .... *sigh*

Such a shame. I was hopeful that fighting games might find a proper place on PC, but as ever it's not taken seriously enough. Blazblue, DOA and now MKX, all disappointments.

Guess we'll have to wait for SFV.

MadGear

Such a shame. I was hopeful that fighting games might find a proper place on PC, but as ever it's not taken seriously enough. Blazblue, DOA and now MKX, all disappointments.

Guess we'll have to wait for SFV.

USF4 actually works as well as the 360 version since the last beta patch if you are looking for solid online play. Obviously the improvements to the netcode aren't limitless but it actually plays surprisingly well now.
SFVs "crossplay" with a further improved netcode could work after all.

Lain

And:

- The character and world texture settings can't be adjusted at all (they're also stuck at High)

That's what you get for trying to play games. Playing games: never again.

Uzzy

USF4 actually works as well as the 360 version since the last beta patch if you are looking for solid online play. Obviously the improvements to the netcode aren't limitless but it actually plays surprisingly well now.
SFVs "crossplay" with a further improved netcode could work after all.

Yeah, I had some solid matches on USF4 the last time I played, but I also had some dodgy ones. Might have been to do with my friend's connection though. I'll give it another go sometime for sure, I do love me some Chun Li.

Mostly though I just wanted some variety. Right now it feels like it's either Ultra or Skullgirls if you want anything approaching a decent online fighter.

dex3108

Broken Age = Done!

I am disappointed. Act 2 has more puzzles but not all of them are good. All locations are same as locations in Act 1. Story was disappointing too at least for me and ending was really underwhelming. When Credits started rolling i was like: "That's it?" . Artstyle is nice and voice acting is good but that is more-less it.

Knurek

Broken Age = Done!

I am disappointed. Act 2 has more puzzles but not all of them are good. All locations are same as locations in Act 1. Story was disappointing too at least for me and ending was really underwhelming. When Credits started rolling i was like: "That's it?" . Artstyle is nice and voice acting is good but that is more-less it.

It seems more western devs should embrace Visual Novels.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
meanwhile on greenlight

there was only matter of time until game like this was made: match3-shmup, that's a match made in heaven, ultimate insanity or addiction, behold

Shmup plus Macth-3? Thats two of my favorite things, give it to me!

I hope it's good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom