• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how fast are you going to become one of the 10%?

I was one of their customers, just switched to a private ISP last year. Dunno what'll the government do to these private ISPs though.

Hmm may inrecommend in case the worse is happening to buy games thru traders using paypal?

How would that help if the ISP would block access to Steam domain?

Yeah, as Knurek said it'll useless if the game is on Steam.

as long as your government doesn't block Uplay or Origin you'll be fine.

Right, at least we can still use them!

Anyway, the most depressing thing about all this is this. As a 3rd world country, piracy is definitely bloom over here, I won't deny it. However, in the past few years, there has been a surge of gamers who switch to steam and starting to buy original games, like myself. Online games reseller and retailers are growing, as well as steam gifts. This agenda (if ever comes true) will be a major blow to all of us. The gov is basically forcing us to pirate the games yet again.

fertygo

For activating games, yes I guess it'll work we can still play them offline. But we'll have to say goodbye to online gaming.

I see Telkom ads everytime on Steam, its hilarious if they block it

does they gonna refund our million or something? of course not

I hope hacker cause nation on chaos if this happen

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Paint it back -- MB-BD30878A101035AA - Taken by Last Baron. 16 entrants total.
Mega Man Legacy Collection -- MB-4FA23CE98734EEFC - Taken by Ozium. 26 entrants total.

t1462022439z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Paint it back -- MB-BD30878A101035AA - Taken by Last Baron. 16 entrants total.
Mega Man Legacy Collection -- MB-4FA23CE98734EEFC - Taken by Ozium. 26 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Paint it back was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Mega Man Legacy Collection was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1462022919z1.png

Mivey

Wtf is that right? is VPN ever gonna work if the worst happen?
If it is just the state-owned ISP, it will make private ISPs much more attractive. Assuming there are even semblances of a free market in Indonesia, the recourse for Steam users there is quite obvious. At least here in Europe switching ISPs can be a bit of a hassle, but aside from sending a few emails, and signing a contract, there is not much to it.

I see Telkom ads everytime on Steam, its hilarious if they block it

does they gonna refund our million or something? of course not

I hope hacker cause nation on chaos if this happen

If it is just the state-owned ISP, it will make private ISPs much more attractive. Assuming there are even semblances of a free market in Indonesia, the recourse for Steam users there is quite obvious. At least here in Europe switching ISPs can be a bit of a hassle, but aside from sending a few emails, and signing a contract, there is not much to it.

Yes, they've been on a marketing spree on Steam. You can even see their ads on Steam client, how is that even possible?

There are also rumours that the state-owned ISP is actually going to monopolize steam. So if you want to use Steam, you have to use the ISP. That's so fucked up if true. It's possible considering that they are getting huge backlash lately due to several issues, while at the same time private ISPs are on the rise. All is still rumours, however.

fertygo

Private ISP usually only available in big town, I think I don't had any alternative at my location

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, the dev of SAMOLIOTIK changed his app name to Half-Life 3 and again to SAMOLIOTIK: HL3 Update, and has just now sent me a friend request after I pointed out that associating his game with the Half-Life IP may be a bad move.

Edit: He says the app/store name changes weren't by his hand and were supposed to be an innocent reference to a boss character.

Momentary

Banned
Has anyone played Raiden IV on Steam and recommend it? It's currently $5 and I'm thinking of getting it. The last Raiden game I played was Raiden Trad on the SNES.

I enjoyed it. H2 Interactive did a decent job on the port. Raiden III and Legacy are handled by DotEmu. I can't speak for Legacy, but III was kind of a lacking port, but not unplayable.

Sch1sm

tfw a 10 dollar game is considered big now

I know SteamGAF is cheap but get your shit together guys

I've never spent more than CDN$13.74 on a Steam game for myself outside of gifts. Gifts are a different story.

I'm not saying it's big, mind you. $10 is going to get me a McDonald's meal or something.

What weeb would actually buy that? They'd be cheaper individually. What.

Ashes of the Singularity DX12 Multi-GPU Tech Analysis

AMD and Nvidia cards running together in SLI. It's the end of the world as we know it.

ghostbusters.gif

Revolutionary. Has anyone played that game yet, anyway? Got a key off Winter during the newegg business error, yet to download it.

Lomax

tfw a 10 dollar game is considered big now

I know SteamGAF is cheap but get your shit together guys

Considering most giveaways are bundle duplicates or price errors, $10 is pretty big. I mean, I found $5 on the sidewalk the other day and it was the highlight of my week.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, the dev of SAMOLIOTIK changed his app name to Half-Life 3 and again to SAMOLIOTIK: HL3 Update, and has just now sent me a friend request after I pointed out that associating his game with the Half-Life IP may be a bad move.

Edit: He says the app/store name changes weren't by his hand and were supposed to be an innocent reference to a boss character.

This actually had a happy ending. I submitted a follow-up report explaining the unintentionally official relationship to the Half-Life IP and we both agreed that deleting my posts in the forum would be in the best interest of discussion as Half-Life fans tend to be... overly passionate, all the while I was apologising about what was, in retrospect, a rather presumptuous interpretation of events.

All's well that ends well.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Wow are you fucking kidding me

Are Cave Story's saves not uploaded to the steam cloud?

If so I just lost my hard mode save that was right before the final boss.

Mivey

Wow are you fucking kidding me

Are Cave Story's files not saved to the steam cloud?

If so I just lost my hard mode file that was right before the final boss.
No Steam Cloud support, according to the Store front (admittedly, it is up to the devs to keep the info there up to date)
Is worth replaying Cave Story for the True Ending? Played through it once, then read somewhere you get a better ending when you pick the jet boots (or whatever) a bit later, but was really unmotivated to play it again.

Eila

No Steam Cloud support, according to the Store front (admittedly, it is up to the devs to keep the info there up to date)
Is worth replaying Cave Story for the True Ending? Played through it once, then read somewhere you get a better ending when you pick the jet boots (or whatever) a bit later, but was really unmotivated to play it again.

Very much so. You missed on an extra, super hard area. Read a guide if you have to know how to do it.
I have to admit I could never beat this final area. I tried so much, but I just couldn't. Had to youtube the ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom