• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played some rounds of Duck Game and got owned hard. I found out afterwards, the poo icon over their heads means their internet sucks. I already had enough for tonight.

Knurek

Oh god, that
Room Escape
part in Danganronpa 2...

We simply need 999 and VLR on Steam. With everything intact. Make it happen, Spike Chunsoft!

Don't mess with orcs. They'll take your stuff and beat you up.
I really need a good science fiction game as a break from all the fantasy stuff I've been playing lately. (I've been pingponging between Dark Souls and Rogue Legacy.) Wish there were more good sf-themed ARPGs. Still not sure why more developers haven't stepped up to try and get a piece of Mass Effect's action - you've got one hugely popular futuristic sf franchise, and about a billion competing fantasy RPG's, yet when given the option they'll develop yet another fantasy game. I don't get it.

May 9th.

Believe.
I had no idea they were making a Rocketbirds 2

No kidding. I'd swear it's been like half a decade since the first one.

Phinor

That article is wrong, no idea why Klepek just posted it like that. Here's the details: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172345/kholek-suneater-lets-play-plus-early-adopter-news

"Retailers who are currently supporting the pre-order will continue offering the DLC for free into the first week, with the free period coming to an end at 18:00 BST on the 31st May. "

More in the Q&A in that article. Basically not everyone gets the chaos race. Only those who pre-order or order within a week of release from specific retailers. They only extended the chaos race offer by a week, they didn't make it widely available for everyone.

zkylon

zkylewd
caapnuT.png

i'm really slow lol

beaten dark souls 3, finally. clock says 70 hours and i've still got a ton of covenant stuff to do (grinding this shit is not great fun!), but ng is all but done

my feelings remain kind of the same, it's a good entry in the series on the gameplay side but it didn't give me closure for the series i wanted out of it and it didn't really stand on its own in the story side like dks2 did, at least not with the endings i got

the level design is definitely on par of demons souls and the better parts of dks1, and i think i enjoyed almost all the boss fights in one way or another, there's a ton of variety and they're all fun to fight because as usual it really pays off to prepare and to learn the patterns and keep calm and be patient and all that. it still feels great to beat a boss that seemed impossible an hour ago, and the dungeons feel like proper labyrinths you get lost in and there's a real tension in running out of flasks and desperately looking for shortcuts in a way that was almost completely missing in dks2

but i still care very little for the story in this game and the way it chooses to reference stuff from the other games without much substance to it is very disappointing. npcs from other games are just "there" without any reason given and you'll revisit locales and find them changed, i guess, but that's about it. you don't get a better sense of understanding of the dark souls universe, you don't feel it finally all comes together, it's just yet another tale of there's some bad dudes that need killing and there's not much more to it. and sadly even as a separate entry it's pretty weak as far as story goes. characters have very few lines of dialogue and they're just not very interesting either way. the riffs off existing characters don't provide anything other than fan service and the actual new characters just aren't memorable. idk what happened, i'm not gonna say dks2 held a candle to dks1's incredible cast, but this is so much worse and it boggles my mind how little they fleshed out these new characters. lothric itself is a remix of lordran and drangleic without much of its own to offer, where in dks1 and dks2 you had a feeling of who gwyn and vendrick were, here there's not even that, and where the big bosses in dks1 got a lot of backstory (witch of izalith, seath) here there's almost nothing and the ones that do have a story are mostly interesting cos they relate in some way to dks1

i think the series deserved a much better sendoff that at least tied some things together and felt like an proper finale. this just feels like more of a bunch and i feel like at this point the whole link the fire/bring the age of darkness thing kind of echoes the dark souls series itself. you can keep rekindling the fire but it's eventually gonna fade and with time it's bit by bit losing its light. the alternative is just bring the whole thing to an end but that leaves us in the unknown and that's pretty scary too, so we keep linking the fire cos that's something we can rely on but at one point it's gotta stop and i totally think this is the game to stop it on

it's time for the kaathe ending damn it

gimme an armored core, i love dark souls, but i think the series deserves its rest

now someone pls tell me where can i find
lautrec's
armor lol

Endruen

Hey, I was wondering if anybody could help me with an issue I'm having.

I'm on Windows 10, and when I go to storage it says that every single Steam game I have is the exact same size: 4.53 GB. Origin games show up correctly, but every Steam one is the same despite most being smaller. Because of this, it says my hard drive is a lot fuller than it actually is.

Does anyone know of this issue, or any way to possibly resolve it?

Sorry, I don't know the solution for that, but I love your avatar, Beat was my first cosplay ever.

Uzzy

That article is wrong, no idea why Klepek just posted it like that. Here's the details: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172345/kholek-suneater-lets-play-plus-early-adopter-news

"Retailers who are currently supporting the pre-order will continue offering the DLC for free into the first week, with the free period coming to an end at 18:00 BST on the 31st May. "

More in the Q&A in that article. Basically not everyone gets the chaos race. Only those who pre-order or order within a week of release from specific retailers. They only extended the chaos race offer by a week, they didn't make it widely available for everyone.

Your own link has this, which sounds pretty unambiguous.

It might as well be Friday-Surpriseday, because we’re announcing that the Chaos Warriors Race pack will now be offered FREE to players who purchase Total War: WARHAMMER in the first week on sale, as well as if you pre-order. It’s an early adopter bonus!

Participting retailers include Steam and GMG, so I'm not sure what the issue is there. Probably it's just there to clearly excuse trash sites like CD Keys from the offer.

Would it be better if the Chaos Warriors were available for free forever just as a normal part of the game? Of course. But them being free for the first week is certainly a good move, and let's people wait for reviews and impressions before buying it. Strategy games may take a while to properly review, but a week for people to make up their mind is still a good amount of time. We'll know if it's another Rome 2 by then at least.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
He just described how PS3 handles downloads; if you download a 20 GB game, you need 40 GB on your HDD.
So yeah it is both ancient and unefficient.

Yes, but the PS3 doesn't need DOUBLE the space for the patches. Just the installation process for digital downloads.

Tizoc

qVdYZvS.jpg

Rhaknar is blocked from this giveaway

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

Paint it back -- MB-BD30878A101035AA - Taken by Last Baron. 16 entrants total.
Mega Man Legacy Collection -- MB-4FA23CE98734EEFC - Taken by Ozium. 26 entrants total.

t1462022919z1.png

Just kidding, test your luck Rhaky~

L.O.R.D

steal post from the vita thread about God Eater 1+2 price

Some info for the US version of God Eater, taken from a Bandai Namco livestream.

NA Vita GE2 is indeed digital only, some people in the chat asked WHY there is no physical release but the question guy never brought that up.

PS4 day one edition is $59.99, Vita GE2 is $39.99, Steam is $49.99 for both GE:R and GE2. It seems like Vita is the only one that doesn't the get Resurrection bundle, but Resurrection on its own is $19.99, so buying them both is literally just the same price as PS4's day one edition.

PS4 and Vita are cross save/play.

They didn't have any info on whether or not your save can carry over from GE:R to GE2.

No content has been cut from the games, "just a slight edit here and there" to maintain the rating but nothing has been omitted or is missing.

Phinor

Your own link has this, which sounds pretty unambiguous.

Participting retailers include Steam and GMG, so I'm not sure what the issue is there. Probably it's just there to clearly excuse trash sites like CD Keys from the offer.

Would it be better if the Chaos Warriors were available for free forever just as a normal part of the game? Of course. But them being free for the first week is certainly a good move, and let's people wait for reviews and impressions before buying it. Strategy games may take a while to properly review, but a week for people to make up their mind is still a good amount of time. We'll know if it's another Rome 2 by then at least.

There's thousands of retailers/online stores in the world and only some of them are given the pre-order bonus. That's why it sucks, tons of people order from their completely legal, official local store or offer from a similar online store. Not many of those stores have that offer. Just as an example Gigantti (Elgiganten) is a huge retail outlet in the Nordic countries but their offer as of now does not include the extra race. A lot of people are going to miss out on the DLC but Creative Assembly gets celebrated because they extended that limited offer by a week, but didn't extend it to other stores which to me was always the bigger problem. The pre-order bonus remains exclusive, not inclusive. Usually not a huge problem but a complete race is a pretty big thing to miss out on a game that ships with very few races.

Tellaerin

Not an RPG and it has a horror game side to it, but I would highly recommend SOMA, it has a fantastic sci-fi world and a very good story.

Already played SOMA? If not absolutely that even though it's not an arpg.

edit: and beaten :p

Don't worry, Technomancer will get you covered, coming later in June. You might want to try their previous game, Mars War Logs, if you're prone to some janks.

If you're into mmo(lite), Skyforge is pretty good as well.

Mars: War Logs is decent but janky. I got 10 hours of fun out of Greed: Black Border which has been bundled a bunch. Funnily enough the Disney Infinity stuff is pretty solid as Star Wars ARPGs and can be had for a few dollars each.

May 9th.

Believe.

Thanks for all the recommendations, guys!

I haven't played SOMA yet, but it's definitely on my radar now. Wishlisted for the Summer Seal. Stellaris looks damn good too.

I was thinking about downloading Skyforge, but this stuff I'm reading about the installer seeding files in the background when you start Windows and using up bandwidth even when you tell it not to is giving me pause. May try to find a direct download mirror for it somewhere, like I did for the games that used Pando way back when.

I remember really enjoying Advent Rising on the Xbox back in the day. (It sucks that we'll never get a sequel. : / ) Seems I picked it up on Steam, but never got around to installing it. Maybe I ought to do that now...

Mars: War Logs looks interesting too, but I think I might be better off holding out for Technomancer instead. Is Greed: Black Border the one that's kind of like the PSP version of Alien Syndrome?

I also have E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy sitting here, which from the reviews I've read looks like it has the potential to be fun in a janky, batshit insane kind of way. Wonder if anyone else here's played it?

Apocalypse in my country is coming..

There's an agenda from the government about blocking Steam from national ISPs. Yes, you're reading it right, blocking Steam. The reason is the classic one, violence in video games. What a bunch of cavemen. They totally ignore ratings system in video games and resort to the easiest method. The parents are equally idiotic as well, giving mature games to their children. They've just released a national statement a few days ago titled '15 violent games that are harmful to your children'. You wouldn't want to know the list, it's hilarious.

L.O.R.D

There's an agenda from the government about blocking Steam from national ISPs. Yes, you're reading it right, blocking Steam. The reason is the classic one, violence in video games. What a bunch of cavemen. They totally ignore ratings system in video games and resort to the easiest method. The parents are equally idiotic as well, giving mature games to their children. They've just released a national statement a few days ago titled '15 violent games that are harmful to your children'. You wouldn't want to know the list, it's hilarious.

tell that to the idiots in saudi arabia,many physical games got rejected only based on the cover art.
and many digital games in PSN or steam are not available on my country that's why i made the NA account my main account.

where do you live?

mp1990

Banned

Yikes, and I thought Brazil's current political situation was bad.

Mivey

Australia?

Knurek

There's an agenda from the government about blocking Steam from national ISPs. Yes, you're reading it right, blocking Steam. The reason is the classic one, violence in video games. What a bunch of cavemen.

Do you live in North Korea or something?

Seriously, man, that's horrible. Is Steam aware of this yet and/or are they planning to release the games DRM-free for you guys so you can access them before it's blocked?

tell that to the idiots in saudi arabia,many physical games got rejected only based on the cover art.
and many digital games in PSN or steam are not available on my country that's why i made the NA account my main account.

where do you live?

Yikes, and I thought Brazil's current political situation was bad.

Australia?

Close to LORD's, as in a Muslim-centric country. It's Indonesia.

The rumor is that it'll only affect the state-owned ISP, that the 90% of people here use. It's still an agenda from the national Child Protection Service at this point.

Close to LORD's, as in a Muslim-centric country. It's Indonesia.

The rumor is that it'll only affect the state-owned ISP, that the 90% of people here use. It's still an agenda from the national Child Protection Service at this point.

So how fast are you going to become one of the 10%?

My condolences, would protests work?

L.O.R.D

My condolences, would protests work?

i don't think protests will work for something like that in a 3rd world country.

they still think games are for children only.
people will look to you strangely if they seen you holding a game (if you are above 25)
there was some talking in KSA to banned all +17 games from the market.

but the worst part is,when you enter a game shop and you see a kid (8-10 years old ) with his father, and the father says :"do you have car thief game for PS4?"

Tizoc

Hmm may inrecommend in case the worse is happening to buy games thru traders using paypal?

i don't think protests will work for something like that in a 3rd world country.

they still think games are for children only.
people will look to you strangely if they seen you holding a game (if you are above 25)
there was some talking in KSA to banned all +17 games from the market.

but the worst part is,when you enter a game shop and you see a kid (8-10 years old ) with his father, and the father says :"do you have car thief game for PS4?"
Indonesia is one of the more progressive Islamic countries, it's not completely hopeless.
as long as your government doesn't block Uplay or Origin you'll be fine.
Ugh, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom