• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Friends List,
You're fucked.
Love, Man Puncher
Glad I already got Bad Rat'd :)
But hey folks, why wouldn't you accept? It's got cards, cards man!
header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/313340/
$0.99
Hey this looks cool. I thought it's still in Greenlight. Only 0,99 cents, too. Nice.
Cocaine Mountain probably gifted me the best gift I will get when I turn 40...
:)
Happy birthday ! (?)
did you read the last NPD thread, where some guy's GF got him a WiiU for his birthday and he fucking flipped out about it because it was a wiiu?
that guy deserves ALL of the bad rats.
A WiiU would be nice. Hear great stuff about Mario Galaxy, Zelda and Xenosaga.

Chariot

Also: a friend needs to pay me back 6,60 € and he will do so in steamgames of my choice.
What games should I ask for?

No, I don't want 27 copies of Bad Rats.

Nabs

If you have to grind for a couple hours for a normal playthrough, couldn't I just play on Easy and not grind?

You don't have to grind for a couple of hours, just minutes. The only reason we make a big deal about levels is because one single level can be the difference between impossible and easy. The game expects you to be a certain level before you hit a boss, and it lets you know this by how much XP you receive in that dungeon. The game will stop giving you anything worth a damn once you hit the right level, and that's usually only one level away.

Feel free to play on Easy, but know that the game isn't really that hard. Just keep an eye on your XP gain and you'll be fine.

Sendou

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/275390/

Available: 21 August 2014

This will be the version of the game I'll play eventually.

I'd say half of the art is interesting and the other half is wtf so I went ahead and wishlisted it anyway.

Achievements, Cards, I even think the leaderboards might be Steamworks. I'm gunning for you Jason Frost! We'll see how's the baddest rat of them all.

One day I'll get every achievement from that game.

Also I heard about Hate Plus' achievement situation. I was looking forward to getting 100% in that game like I did in Analogue too :mad: Oh Christine Love.

Dr Dogg

I wonder how hard the Bad Rats
achievements are to get. I should get them and a Bad Rats badge.

Well there's a few that require you to solve the level in less than a minute and do this over 5, 10, 15 levels per achievement. Then there finish 10, 20, 30 ,40 and All the levels. There's also a few where you have to solve the level in a single attempted but the physic are really random so might take a few playthroughs of that level to get the hang of it. There are then a few more achievements that are more Bad Rats Pro stuff like solving a level with less objects than you'd need various times.

Annubis

Also I heard about Hate Plus' achievement situation. I was looking forward to getting 100% in that game like I did in Analogue too :mad: Oh Christine Love.

I'll forever be butthurt about that one.
That effing 10/11 (91%) staring me in the goddamn face forever.
That shit should be illegal.

I wonder how many Bad Rats are going around solely because of IdleMaster money?

Jshackles & Stump duo -- SteamGAF's greatest blessing, its greatest curse.

Sendou

I'll forever be butthurt about that one.
That effing 10/11 (91%) staring me in the goddamn face forever.
That shit should be illegal.

Still I have to appreciate that she had the balls to do that. It's pretty funny if you think about it. The reference is great too. I feel for the OCD folks.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Damn you, Cocaine Mountain!

Bad Rats is 0.24 all week long. Have mercy on our souls Modbot.

2485156-6128498736-65447.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game -- MB-B914B6DD308236DA - Taken by kami_sama. 34 entrants total.

t1408401867z1.png

Only 25% on Fading Hearts .
I'll wait for 50%

Still waiting for it to be bundled :(

It even has cards, how has it not been bundled yet? :(

I was happy this made it through Greenlight, good to see it's finally on the store. That release date though.

Annubis

Still I have to appreciate that she had the balls to do that. It's pretty funny if you think about it. The reference is great too. I feel for the OCD folks.

Actually, are there many other cases of unachievable achievements in Steam?
So far, that's the only one out of all my games.

Jawmuncher

Actually, are there many other cases of unachievable achievements in Steam?
So far, that's the only one out of all my games.

I wonder how many people said screw that and used SAM.
This is the only one that I know that's intentional though there are others usually caused to no more MP or something.

I don't understand people who don't accept gifts. Shit game or not....still a gift.

i've already been Ratted...so don't even think about it

Remember how I became Jawmuncherc awhile back?

(Look at known alias)
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198140562964/

(My Profile)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jawmuncher

Somehow Steam glitched and took my name away from me.
HOW IN THE HELL also i'm friends with this glitch account. In my chat it says jawmuncher(2)
They were also online 5 hours ago. WTH is going on.

you aren't you

Dr Dogg

Yeah because this totaly isn't what you think it is.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Rad Bats -- MB-A38ECB15BD734D19 - Taken by WinterDemons

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I wonder how many people said screw that and used SAM.
This is the only one that I know that's intentional though there are others usually caused to no more MP or something.

Unlike the other unobtainable achievements, this one is different in that there's no code in-game to trigger it. SAM has no condition to force to earn the achievement, it is 100% impossible to get through any means.

The Steam forums for the game were filled with threads on people trying to figure out how to earn it, going so far as to beg Christine for the answer, thinking of doing charity donations to force her hand and one group dedicated to coding in an entirely new ending to the game.

Jawmuncher

Unlike the other unobtainable achievements, this one is different in that there's no code in-game to trigger it. SAM has no condition to force to earn the achievement, it is 100% impossible to get through any means.

The Steam forums for the game were filled with threads on people trying to figure out how to earn it, going so far as to beg Christine for the answer, thinking of doing charity donations to force her hand and one group dedicated to coding in an entirely new ending to the game.

Damn that really is a mean move.
Wonder if one day out of the blue it will get a patch.

Patch Notes May 16th 2018
-The Achievement is now obtainable.

madjoki

There is, but I don't think it works anymore, as all users who tried using it have seen just a few days all games disappearing from their accounts.

They had cards drops on Defiance, Magicka Wizard Wars, No More Room in Hell and War of the Roses.

Seems like this has been fixed and none of cards drops without microtransactions.
This makes No More Room in Hell cards unobtainable again.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So IRL stuff for a minute GAF.

Later today I'm going to go sign a lease on a new house, because I'm being kicked out of my current place. The real estate market here for rentals is super crazy - luckily one opened up that is (somewhat) in my price range and meets my requirements for number of bedrooms. I've had to pass a credit check, criminal background check, work history check, rental history check, and even a "pet history" check (whatever that is?). Thankfully everything came back okay and I've been offered the house. After going through all that, this afternoon I'll have approximately 20 minutes to look through the inside of the house and decide if I'd like it, sign the lease, and fork over a substantial amount of cash on the spot. Very stressful.

Anyway, if everything goes according to plan, I'll probably be pretty busy with moving over the next few weeks. I'll still have access to GAF on my phone and whatnot but probably won't be able to keep up with the barrage of PMs, emails, and Steam chats for a while.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

140 -- MB-3F7367A767B5B504 - Taken by iosefe. 2 entrants total.

t1408393167z1.png

One day, I want to try giving away something physical like this, but shipping is pretty expensive since it's so big.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Woody Invincible, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Golden Fool -- MB-C8DBBCC2259A3B23
Flink's Secret Diary -- MB-E9D96332470537AB
The Last Stand -- MB-8B5D72EC790B9C3A - Taken by Gipsy Danger. 2 entrants total.

t1408393347z1.png

Totally not Bad Rats. And the Last Stand is for Spellforce 2 as well, thx Modbot...

awww shit, i'm bailing on that Star Citizen thread. Those folks have drank that koolaid, and i hope that the game isn't going to end up being a shitty grindfest for the folks who think they can get good ships without dishing out hard cash.

makes no sense to charge premium dollars for nice ships and then make them easy to get in-game. It'll piss off your buyers otherwise, and those dudes aren't throwing serious cash at Star Citizen for you to make those crafts relatively easy to come by.

But i guess i can't properly poop on it till it's out and we can really check out the game's economy so I'm going to keep out until i can back myself up with some space facts.

So IRL stuff for a minute GAF.

Later today I'm going to go sign a lease on a new house, because I'm being kicked out of my current place. The real estate market here for rentals is super crazy - luckily one opened up that is (somewhat) in my price range and meets my requirements for number of bedrooms. I've had to pass a credit check, criminal background check, work history check, rental history check, and even a "pet history" check (whatever that is?). Thankfully everything came back okay and I've been offered the house. After going through all that, this afternoon I'll have approximately 20 minutes to look through the inside of the house and decide if I'd like it, sign the lease, and fork over a substantial amount of cash on the spot. Very stressful.

Anyway, if everything goes according to plan, I'll probably be pretty busy with moving over the next few weeks. I'll still have access to GAF on my phone and whatnot but probably won't be able to keep up with the barrage of PMs, emails, and Steam chats for a while.

as someone who recently just bought a house...I feel you on the stressful part. I'm sure it will all work out. Good luck!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
More evidence that Resident Evil 5 is getting a non-GFWL version: The game now has two subs on the Steam Database.

(Here's hoping they're including Gold Edition content)

Jawmuncher

More evidence that Resident Evil 5 is getting a non-GFWL version: The game now has two subs on the Steam Database.

(Here's hoping they're including Gold Edition content)

If it's two subs I really think so.
Don't see why they would go through the trouble of two subs since they updated and changed the SF4 sub. Hopefully owners of RE5 get a discount then.

"You received a gift from a Jawmuncher"

It's Bas Rats, will redeem once I'm back from work.

Surprised you hadn't gotten it.
You'll get another email because I messed it up but you will see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom