• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woop! Finally got fiber installed in the house after a long negotiation with my landlord. Goodbye shitty WiFi-connection shared with another apartment, you won't be missed!

Authorised seller: $40 at Games Republic (the pre-orders bonuses ought to be included, but since the page makes no mention of them, you may want to ask first)
Reseller: $37 at CD Keys.
Thank you :D
I think you don't really know me, because I'm not like one of those people who "Oh, is Kojima, EVERYTHING is possible", not really, and I don't condiser a masterpiece every MGS game.
I just think MGS3 is very possible, otherwise I can't explain those cutscenes, the post from the Konami PR on the Reddit page (we had two posts, the first one teasing something important for the 30th Anniversary, and the other one for Gamescom's booth).
Of course it's something MGS related, and it can't be the Definitive Edition.

Metal Gear Collection 2: More Clothes

AHA-Lambda

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Mafia III, Dishonored II, and Watch_Dogs 2, this holiday season is going to be lit.

Watch dogs 2?

disgust-gif-3.gif

Nzyme32

Woop. As promised, the replacement PSU is here via corsair / scan UK, in the 3 days quotes. Now to hope to fuck it works, because putting the PSU into this ITX machine is a pain in the arse

jonno394

Man, I was totally ready to take a bit of a break from Alan Wake, and work on the DLC in a few months time. The game is great (imo) but I cannot believe the ending of episode 6, which was the end of the original game
no real conclusion, and i've since found out that the plot is continued in the 2 DLC episodes

Nzyme32

Parsnip

Also, Witcher 3's Ansel support is out. Haven't downloaded the patch yet (Hitman is still downloading) so I don't know how well it works or anything.

Oh and you probably(?) need the latest nvidia drivers that also just released. They are GameReady for Deus Ex as well.

Nzyme32

I feel like I am weird as I couldn't get into that game...

Yeah I can see that being the case for some people. It demands a person willing to get engrossed in the writing and atmosphere, and suits a casual play style. Personally I love the writing and the exploring, characters, choices and lineages that follow after death. I also really like the additional stories and options they have added over time. Combat is a bit me, but that's about it. The atmosphere of the game is just brilliant, along with the soundtrack and sound design to match.

Coreda

Also, Witcher 3's Ansel support is out. Haven't downloaded the patch yet (Hitman is still downloading) so I don't know how well it works or anything.

YES.jpg They announced it months ago. Looking forward to the 360° panoramas and time freezing capabilities.

The Survival aspect of No Man's Sky is a weird one. Materials necessary for survival are available in abundance, this way there is never a feeling of threat or working to stay alive. Despite the ground and space combat aspects, it is a totally relaxing experience throughout. I did die by a lack of experience on my first space dogfight but even then, the repercussions where minimal. Traveling back to your "grave" gives you all your loot back and even if not, there are very minimal actually rare elements.
So far the crafting aspect is also not well implemented. You learn new blueprints but the item variety is lacking and their uses even more so. It's entertaining but with a little bit change it could become a whole lot more. I'm not sure how far reaching content updates will be but I hope they flesh out these systems extensively.

Sarcasm

Yeah I can see that being the case for some people. It demands a person willing to get engrossed in the writing and atmosphere, and suits a casual play style. Personally I love the writing and the exploring, characters, choices and lineages that follow after death. I also really like the additional stories and options they have added over time. Combat is a bit me, but that's about it. The atmosphere of the game is just brilliant, along with the soundtrack and sound design to match.

I loved the writing, but I never could get far.

Tizoc

Mankind divided reviews will be my deciding facotr
I plan to go stealth of course but am curious to hear what the stealth is like this time around

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Mankind divided reviews will be my deciding facotr
I plan to go stealth of course but am curious to hear what the stealth is like this time around

Speaking of, I hope there's some sort of fail indicator for certain achievements. I was rather miffed when I finished Human Revolution and didn't unlock Foxiest of the Hounds (complete the game without setting off an alarm).

Wait which one? The 2nd Rocket Knight game or the 3rd one that was released on Steam, PSN and XBL? Cuz I liked the latter.

The sequel sucked ass. Soul less, vapid and bad.

The third game played badly on KB/M, amongst the other complaints about the third game.

I would do lewd things for a new game

--------

Anyway, what do people here think those two mystery games that will be streamed by IGN?

Speaking of, I hope there's some sort of fail indicator for certain achievements. I was rather miffed when I finished Human Revolution and didn't unlock Foxiest of the Hounds (complete the game without setting off an alarm).

You'll always be the foxiest of hounds to us!

(Same thing happened to me in Dishonored. I put someone to sleep and, apparently, he ragdolled right off of a balcony. I had no idea and I don't recall noticing it at the end of the mission. No achievement.)

I can't wait for the best game in the Deus Ex series to be released on Steam.

Talking about Deus Ex GO

That's bait m8.

MUnited83

For you.
ModBot said:
Instructions for BernardoOne:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BernardoOne, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg

header.jpg

header.jpg

header.jpg

Echo Tokyo Intro -- MB-F97D3A1662A1B065 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 1 entrants total.
Divine Slice of Life -- MB-B61F44B03F1051AC - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.
Sword of Asumi -- MB-039B7C4EEC20F541 - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 2 entrants total.
Beach Bounce -- MB-CB8A9E074030719F - Taken by Madridista. 2 entrants total.

t1471354957z1.png
10a.jpg

Jawmuncher

we kinda know that already, I watched some of that free anime of theirs, and it was pretty bad, yeah
I'm much more concerned about gameplay, tbh

???

Pls tell me in spoilers
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233181

It's all in there. Also confirms the battle system is gonna be bad if you didn't like the platinum demo. FFXV is gonna be the new Witcher 3 when if comes to combat talk. Though I always thought Witcher was alright. From the demos FF15 is just cumbersome
The leak also confirmed that the tech is a mess, doesn't run on consoles at all and that everybody in the team is shitting his pants.

Spoiler yourself

http://neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1233181

Part of me is expecting a bigger mess than 13. Aside from open World apologists, who say it's the best FF because you can run around barren land and do busy work.

Arthea

but FF13 wasn't a mess, it ran OKeish and combat is actually fun

if FF15 plays as bad as a demo and in that E3 demo of theirs, I don't see myself enjoying it.

Jawmuncher

but FF13 wasn't a mess, it ran OKeish and combat is actually fun

if FF15 plays as bad as a demo and in that E3 demo of theirs, I don't see myself enjoying it.

I liked FF13 as well. But by mess I mean reception wise. While it reviewed ok, the backlash I'd huge on that game.

Ludens

Banned
Nice, so all leaks were true. Now I know this game will suck hard, I don't know if I should cancel my preorder or not at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom