• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

fWCMPM8.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of low-G, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (low-G, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Clustertruck -- MB-F1A915D373A0B117 - Taken by iosefe. 44 entrants total.
Goat Simulator -- MB-12A436621778182B - Taken by longlivegaming. 3 entrants total.
Rise of the Triad (2013) -- MB-DD44236169A12C21 - Taken by Dangerblade. 2 entrants total.
Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut -- MB-F2AD962406EB1557 - Taken by Platy. 15 entrants total.
Universe Sandbox -- MB-452480D65916CCC0 - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess (no DLC) -- MB-C64801FD7D74903D

t1503598827z1.png

Monooboe

I'm so happy, I've been away and when I get back steamgaf is full of Arrested Development references.:D

So I've start to gather cards again to try and level up as much as possible, don't really know why but since I can't play the games I get I have to do something with my steam library.XD Anyway, I've been crafting badges but realized it would be smarter to save them all to the next sale right?

zkylon

zkylewd
i probably should watch some old arrested development to get the sour taste off my mouth from that awful last season. didn't even get past like 3 episodes cos it was so bad

anywho actually managed to beat one of the tough bosses in hollow knight, tho the other one is kind of hell

i cleared some of the missing areas, i've got all the maps now so yeah i'm close to the end

such a cool game, really happy with it

Deques

i probably should watch some old arrested development to get the sour taste off my mouth from that awful last season. didn't even get past like 3 episodes cos it was so bad

anywho actually managed to beat one of the tough bosses in hollow knight, tho the other one is kind of hell

i cleared some of the missing areas, i've got all the maps now so yeah i'm close to the end

such a cool game, really happy with it

They were news that they were going to re-edit season 4. I wonder what has happened since then

Hektor

Yes, good timing to set up a European publishing team in London. Can't forsee any changes coming that might make that awkward.

+++BREAKING+++

"UK holding hostage ATLUS for Brexit negotiations, threatens to delete Persona 6 source code, European Union in panic"

"Tuesday 12th, 10:00 AM, LONDON

Theresa May announced her plans to renegotiate trade deals with the European Union, threatening to delete the source code of Persona 6 if demands are not met.

An official reaction of the European Union has yet to be made, as French President Emmanuel Macron and German Minister of Foreign Affair Sigmar Gabriel are still in severe disagreement about who is best girl.

Merkel has been on record stating that QUOTE we should believe in Yusukue as he is very funny and handsome ENDQUOTE.

Greece Minister of Finance Euclid Tsakalotos has expressed worry about financial ramifications for the EU over further delays of Shin Megami Tensei titles, reconsidering GREXIT.

Pope Francis announced that he js writing a letter to ATLUS JAPAN expressing the wish for the installation of a secondary ATLUS EU headquarter in the holy see.

We will continue updating this story as further information comes in"

Sounds like they're still recruiting. Anyone get in there quick.

I am kinda surprised by great AC Origins impressions from Gamescom.

It IS a highly promising game. Gaf just loves to shit on AC and Ubisoft games in general.

"It looks like the same old Assassin's Creed."

*someone shows the changes that have been made for Origins.

"Meh, I still prefer the old combat, and that new eagle doesn't make sense."

haendeul

The changes to AC seems like good changes for the series, but at the same time I'm struggling to see what makes it different than just another open world RPG.

haendeul

It's an open world RPG set in ancient Egypt. It's the only one in video gaming history.

Well, of course. But when you say it like that plenty of games are unique because they're the only games of their genre set in their setting.

What I mean is that the changes they're making to the series are just incorperating features that exist in every other open world RPG on the market. While the AC formula haven't been very original or unique in a long time, it was at least recognisable as Assassin's Creed games.

I was just reading this preview on USgamer and I see stuff like roaming bosses that will give you epic loot, and while that's new for the AC series, it just looks like "every other game" to me.

Well, of course. But when you say it like that plenty of games are unique because they're the only games of their genre set in their setting.

What I mean is that the changes they're making to the series are just incorperating features that exist in every other open world RPG on the market. While the AC formula haven't been very original or unique in a long time, it was at least recognisable as Assassin's Creed games.

I was just reading this preview on USgamer and I see stuff like roaming bosses that will give you epic loot, and while that's new for the AC series, it just looks like "every other game" to me.

Right, that's understandable. But still, it's a breath of fresh air from the previous entries.

header.jpg

And Ass Creed is a RPG now? Can we stop killing RPGs please, we just started getting good ones again.

But that's not open world. When you talk about open world RPG, would you mention Diablo at all?

And yes, AC is an RPG with Origins. RPG-lite, to be precise.

Phinor

Shit... I hope I didn't miss or accidentally deleted the email.

They used to have links to your keys in your account page but no more. It's actually a bit weird, they don't inform you at all when your pre-order becomes available. You have to dig the original e-mail you received when you pre-ordered and the link in that e-mail now contains a key.

Try their customer service if you have lost that e-mail. Most people have really positive experiences with their service.

Orgen

Yep, I think that a big part of the novelty is the environment. I like the AC games but I'm still trying to beat the 3rd one so I'm a little behind hahaha :D

I cleared some of my Wii U backlog so I'm back to Steam now. I'll try to beat Rusty Lake Hotel and another short title that I have in my backlog before my holidays next week yayyyyyy

PS: Barring a tremendous surprise in the rest of 2017 (Mario Oddissey, Destiny 2...) Breath of the Wild will win the GOTY award (and deservedly so IMO). And it's almost insulting how much better is Bayonetta 2 than Bayonetta 1 so if you have the game on your pending backlog...

AoYjv_f-maxage-0.gif

Blu(e)

If I buy a game and buy DLC for that game separately and then just refund the game, would I still own the DLC and be able to use it when I buy the game again or would it refund both of them?

sprinkles

Really enjoyed Zero no Kiseki, gonna hold off on Ao though since I wanna be able to either play it without using the spreadsheet or play it with a fan translation at minimum.
I played a few hours of Zero. This cast of characters is already great. I am tempted to complete it even with a not perfect translation. I definitely won't buy Cold Steel 3 without having played Zero/Ao first (I am sure I am not the only one with this opinion - take note Xseed).

PS: Barring a tremendous surprise in the rest of 2017 (Mario Oddissey, Destiny 2...) Breath of the Wild will win the GOTY award (and deservedly so IMO).

I agree. I've come to value freeform, systems driven game design a whole lot. Games like Hitman last year and now Zelda this year are the best examples of it in recent times. Wondering whether you can do something in the game and then realizing that the game mechanics allow you to pull it off is the best feeling.

Anyway, bundle spare

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (spindoctor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lakeview Cabin Collection -- MB-3897A41A21DC256E - Taken by nightstorm. 3 entrants total.

t1503575766z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
Yep, I think that a big part of the novelty is the environment. I like the AC games but I'm still trying to beat the 3rd one so I'm a little behind hahaha :D

I cleared some of my Wii U backlog so I'm back to Steam now. I'll try to beat Rusty Lake Hotel and another short title that I have in my backlog before my holidays next week yayyyyyy

PS: Barring a tremendous surprise in the rest of 2017 (Mario Oddissey, Destiny 2...) Breath of the Wild will win the GOTY award (and deservedly so IMO). And it's almost insulting how much better is Bayonetta 2 than Bayonetta 1 so if you have the game on your pending backlog...

AoYjv_f-maxage-0.gif
I really hope for a Breath of the Wild sequel that has some decent dungeons, not these shitty ass shrines with solutions you can figure out in 30 seconds and finish them.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
why are people asking for Nintendo game ports to PC, they're a toy company not a video game company

Orgen

I agree. I've come to value freeform, systems driven game design a whole lot. Games like Hitman last year and now Zelda this year are the best examples of it in recent times. Wondering whether you can do something in the game and then realizing that the game mechanics allow you to pull it off is the best feeling.

Anyway, bundle spare

Yep, the freeform was unparalleled for me. That's why I'm expecting Hitman to also be great (I have it in my backlog but I don't know how it'll run with my 950m GPU... so maybe I'll wait to play it until I have a better PC. But it's one of my most anticipated games from my backlog for sure!)

I really hope for a Breath of the Wild sequel that has some decent dungeons, not these shitty ass shrines with solutions you can figure out in 30 seconds and finish them.

It's not a perfect game by any means (I also think the dungeons are a disappointment) so I also hope for a sequel that can improve it. Did you at least like the game? Being a Hitman fan I suppose you liked it, right? :)

voodooray

Spare

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

One Finger Death Punch -- MB-08F934723774DD26 - Taken by Booker.DeWitt

Dungeons are decent. But I wish to see something more in line with Ganon's castle in the next game. Open dungeons with puzzles and such.

MUnited83

For you.
Yep, the freeform was unparalleled for me. That's why I'm expecting Hitman to also be great (I have it in my backlog but I don't know how it'll run with my 950m GPU... so maybe I'll wait to play it until I have a better PC. But it's one of my most anticipated games from my backlog for sure!)

It's not a perfect game by any means (I also think the dungeons are a disappointment) so I also hope for a sequel that can improve it. Did you at least like the game? Being a Hitman fan I suppose you liked it, right? :)

I did quite enjoy it yes, it's pretty good and all stuff you can do dinamically in the open world is great. I wouldn't call it GOTY, but a sequel with good dungeons would definitely be.
Also looks quite nice at 4K on CEMU :)
Dungeons are decent. But I wish to see something more in line with Ganon's castle in the next game. Open dungeons with puzzles and such.
Way too many of them are just a really easy as fuck puzzle, or one single combat section that isn't too hard either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom