• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

so this XCOM War of the Chosen is another Enemy Within (or DD Crimson Court) situation where its not actually a follow up, but a revamp of the main game?

Like, one would have to start a new game over right?

Yes, it's an Add-in, rather than an Add-on.

It expands the standard campaign with many new story missions spread into it as well as a huge amount of new Mission-types, modifiers, enemies, weapons etc.

Tho it also comes with an extra challenge mode that exists outside the campaign.

so this XCOM War of the Chosen is another Enemy Within (or DD Crimson Court) situation where its not actually a follow up, but a revamp of the main game?

Like, one would have to start a new game over right?

WotC is an expansion pack, you'll need to start a new game. It's changing and adding many things throughout the campaign.

The RPS review gives a good overview of War of the Chosen. Their final words on it:
RPS said:
I said right back at the start that ‘DLC' desperately undersells War Of The Chosen, this fat and bursting sausage of turn-based splendour. I think I might have found ‘XCOM 3' a mite more appropriate.

And as an aside, RPS' review kinda made me realise how alien the concept of expansion packs are these days. (RPS kinda dances around the word a bit.)

Aaron D.

ZfdIPZp.png

Orgen

Is there a source for that? Like in the ending credits or something?

Because it kind makes zero sense for Konami to shop around MGS2 like that but not release it on Steam. or PS4, Xbox etc.

I don't think it was Konami shopping around. More like Nvidia trying to get some titles to make the Shield somewhat "relevant" (just like Nintendo with Twin Snakes on GC).

Wok

The list includes FTL and Hearthstone, but does not include Dream Quest... or Desktop Dungeons, which inspired Dream Quest.

Oh, wait...

TXD9Jdo.png

Also, Stephen's Sausage Roll does not make it.

Oh, wait...

qlnbTCb.png

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
60. Planescape: Torment

Shit list.

Yep. This right here. It's lower than CIV VI! A game that even most civ fans think is inferior to the previous version. It's lower than FF XIV which is a damn MMO that supposedly makes people "care about characters" lol.

Yes shit list.

Plesiades

I'm really curious about this whole Creation Club thing. Is there a website to see the available mods?

Also, I was checking the Quakecon sale page and there are 17k people watching Quake Champions through the Steam Streaming feed(?).

yuraya

I don't think it was Konami shopping around. More like Nvidia trying to get some titles to make the Shield somewhat "relevant" (just like Nintendo with Twin Snakes on GC).

But if its that easy to get Konami to allow that then why hasn't anyone else done it? Especially Sony who has been moneyhatting everything they can get their hands on for several years now. I mean they even moneyhat marketing rights and forbid devs from talking about other versions.

In a world where some much money is exchanged between corporate suits for the sleaziest shit...somehow its NVidia gets the rights to a port like this. It just doesn't compute.

Mivey

Accidental post

I'll use this opportunity to leave here that I hope paid mods become a thing
You capitalist oppressor! Only a monster with no heart would take from PC players their god-given right to forever enjoy free mods, no matter how much time and work went into them, and how much it could help future developers. (Also obviously this would force all existing mods to become paid, and there would also not be a way to have a refund system, or anything, nope)
Truly, if Bethesda hasn't learned from their previous sacrilege, then we shall have no other choice, but to call forth the second great paid-mod intifada.

dex3108

I don't have issue with Creation Club. Bethesda is paying devs in advance to develop those mods and they are approving ideas. Those won't be simple mods and in the end you have a choice to buy them or not.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of low-G, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (low-G, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Clustertruck -- MB-F1A915D373A0B117 - Taken by iosefe. 44 entrants total.
Goat Simulator -- MB-12A436621778182B - Taken by longlivegaming. 3 entrants total.
Rise of the Triad (2013) -- MB-DD44236169A12C21 - Taken by Dangerblade. 2 entrants total.
Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut -- MB-F2AD962406EB1557 - Taken by Platy. 15 entrants total.
Universe Sandbox -- MB-452480D65916CCC0 - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess (no DLC) -- MB-C64801FD7D74903D

t1503598827z1.png

Tizoc

Machinarium's
Arcade
'puzzles' are neat. The game has overall lovely puzzles, but I don't like how slow it can be if you mess up a section that involves movement, since you can't change your height when you perform an action.

Important.

I don't see it.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Main reason I got it. Such good games, especially for that price. Unbox and Chroma Squad are worth it too for those that don't have those.

dex3108

Yup this year I managed to complete 50 PnC-style Adventure game woot~

This year i managed to complete some games i bought last year XD i think that i have yet to finish any game that was released this year (o be honest only game that was released this year that i bought is Prey XD)

I talked about this game the other night. I so far have been really enjoying this title. Granted I never played any of the Zombie Army titles before this one. It's a fun game and I'm about to kill the last boss in the final chapter. Really have been enjoying the game with a friend of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom