• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
how does steam support not find a game in your account?

is such a thing even possible?

To be fair here, while the game is named Talisman: Digital Edition, the sub name is Talisman Digital Edition, so if he searched for the former it wouldn't have come up.

Oreoleo

Woops, I bungled and won a 2nd Crew beta code. Really thought at least a FEW more people would be interested in this and figured my chance of winning both was near 0%. Oh well, if anyone else is interested here you go

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xWBm0BY.png
The Crew UPlay Beta -- MB-EEAEFA86ABED0F60

MattyG

Banned
Nope it just tricks Steam into thinking you're in-game for that particular game. It does count towards your play time, otherwise cards wouldn't drop. You don't need to have the game actually installed, and it doesn't affect your GPU in the slightest.
beardedguyheadnod.gif

Excellent, I'm going to download it right now and get to idling.

You're doing God's work, jshackles.
Now where would one go about downloading said application?

The best feeling in the world was when my copy of mario kart also lead to a free copy of pikmin 3. bayo 1&2 coming out together is also a fantastic deal.
The system is now at a point where there are enough amazing exclusives to warrant a purchase. Really highly recommend getting one, it's great :D
WiiU is pretty high on my list but only considering I didn't have a Wii and thus missed many games. The ones itching me the most are Mario Galaxies, Zelda (never played any Zelda), Xenosaga and for the WiiU ZombiU and X. So far my interest for the WiiU is much less than Wii but having both sounds really nice.
--
Games 1-51
Game 52 - Wonderful 101 (11 Hours)
http://www.savecontinue.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Wonderful-101-banner.jpg
My 52nd completed game of the year. Which was also the first title I have beaten on my WiiU.
Fun game even if it was rough in spots. The Platinum Team strikes again.
Total Game Time For All 52 Games Completed: 463 Hours
Wow, I can't even bring me up to play 15 mins a day. Did you enjoy every single second or did it turn into a chore? Some games must have been bad or disappointing?!
--
Metro 2033 Redux screenshots, so good.
Looks brilliant. How does performance compare to standard 2033? Much improvement there as well?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I meant to post this earlier, but here's my line-up for Extra Life 2014:
  • Shadow Warrior
  • Long Live the Queen
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Dark Matter
  • DreadOut
  • Castle of Illusion
  • Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller
  • Super Time Force Ultra
  • Resident Evil Revelations
  • Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
  • Hatoful Boyfriend
  • Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
  • Saint's Row IV
  • Remember Me
  • Banished
  • Metro 2033 Redux
  • Lili: Child of Geos
  • The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II
How'd I do picking out games, GAF?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Excellent, I'm going to download it right now and get to idling.

You're doing God's work, jshackles.
Now where would one go about downloading said application?

Here is the thread for it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=865904

You can find the info there including the download link

I got TF2 cards from idling, is that normal?

You get 1 TF2 card drop for every $9 you spend in the Mann Co store. Perhaps you bought some TF2 keys in-game recently?

Hugstable

Banned
  • Shadow Warrior
  • Long Live the Queen
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Dark Matter
  • DreadOut
  • Castle of Illusion
  • Super Time Force Ultra
  • Hatoful Boyfriend
  • Saint's Row IV
  • Remember Me
  • Banished
  • Metro 2033 Redux

Hatoful Boyfriend! You are a god among pigeons! STFU is also really great so far.

• Shadow Warrior
  • Long Live the Queen
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Dark Matter
  • DreadOut
  • Castle of Illusion
  • Super Time Force Ultra
  • Hatoful Boyfriend
  • Saint's Row IV
  • Remember Me
  • Banished
  • Metro 2033 Redux

All those in 24 hours? I think any one of those would take me a month. Props.

Volimar

Anything good happening today? Don't ever stop using that gif jshackles.

ugh don't post your real names here people

it ruins the fantasy versions of yourselves i have in my head

silly saoirse

Jason is a classic female name in Ireland.

Clearly Jase is Saoirse Jason Ronan.

Fun fact: Spellcheck wants to change Saoirse to Sawhorse.

jshackles

Hatoful Boyfriend! You are a god among pigeons! STFU is also really great so far.

Yeah I'm kinda pumped for both of those, actually. It's going to be hard to hold off playing them until the end of Octoboer!

I might not get to every game on the list, but I'm going to try. Typically what I do is play each game for about an hour, or longer if it grabs me. My Stream will be kind of a 24 hour long "quick look" video, so to speak. Last year I did the same thing and I found some really great games that I went on to complete after the event was over.

You get 1 TF2 card drop for every $9 you spend in the Mann Co store. Perhaps you bought some TF2 keys in-game recently?
I've bought one TF2 key from community market 2 days ago, and I woke up this morning to those TF2 cards sitting in my inventory(from idlemaster).

I might not get to every game on the list, but I'm going to try. Typically what I do is play each game for about an hour, or longer if it grabs me. My Stream will be kind of a 24 hour long "quick look" video, so to speak. Last year I did the same thing and I found some really great games that I went on to complete after the event was over.

Ah, that sounds much more manageable. I was gonna say, Saints Row IV will take a while on its own, as will many of those other games.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Your post was the reason I went ahead and did it.

Good to know that my post actually accomplished something :D

Also thanks for reminding me about DS2 :(

Never forget. If I mention it enough times, maybe Atlus will release news about it :(

This makes me sad everytime I see the game brought up! I haven't played Devil Survivor 2 even with how much I liked the first one because I keep waiting for a port with Voice Acting that is probably never gonna happen :-/

I haven't even bought it yet :p

I've been playing DS: Overclocked recently, and I'm really liking it. I'd probably buy Break Record on release.

Oh man i would totally buy those again. same goes for the persona games too! Make it happen Atlus!

It probably wont :(

I mean, there's already a PC port of Persona 1. It's Japanese only and probably doesn't run very well on modern systems, but at least it exists. Maybe Atlus could do something with it one day :/

Plus SMT: Imagine was for PC, even if it was a f2p mmo that wasn't developed by Atlus. But it's something.

Fun fact: Spellcheck wants to change Saoirse to Sawhorse.

It always wants to change it to Seahorse for me. So I usually let it :p

Jawmuncher

--

Wow, I can't even bring me up to play 15 mins a day. Did you enjoy every single second or did it turn into a chore? Some games must have been bad or disappointing?!
--
?

Out of everything I played there was nothing I downright hated.
I have so much to play that if the game is bothering that much I just drop it. I have to many to pick from to suffer through a clunker. Rise of the Triad is a good example. I was wanting to beat it, but I just didn't like it at all even when lowering difficulty or using cheats. So I just dropped it.

It performs much better for me, I have it almost maxed out using a AMD 7850 and I get 60fps most of the time with a few drops here and there in big open areas.
That's massive as I remember 2033 being very poorly optimized. Thanks man and if it's not bothering you, care to make some high-def webms? I love the artstyle the game has.
--
Well done corrosivefrost!
Oh man, the hits keep on coming. Frost too? How do you people find the time? I have nothing to do, yet can't find time. Baffling.
--
  • Shadow Warrior
  • Remember Me
  • Metro 2033 Redux
These I'd love watching you play.
Also, you considered streaming on hitbox.tv? I find the video quality to be much better there. Please don't forget in the settings to archive your stream, too!

jshackles

These I'd love watching you play.
Also, you considered streaming on hitbox.tv? I find the video quality to be much better there. Please don't forget in the settings to archive your stream, too!

I'll have to check out hitbox.tv, I've seen a few people using that and it looked pretty good. Last year I had no idea what I was doing and used Twitch cause it was easy to set up. This year I have a bit more prep time so I'll try to get everything figured out beforehand. Will definitely be setting it to archive this year, I wish I had done that last year - it'd be fun to go back and watch my stream
especially during the 3am-5am stretch which was by far the toughest to stay awake for

Okay thanks.

Just launched it.

#shittytumblrgifs

Good luck! Let me know if you run into any problems.

I'm amazed at how you guys are hitting 52 games in 8 months. I just counted and I've completed 17 games this year and I thought that was quite something...

Most of my time is spent on multiplayer :(

Jawmuncher

I'm amazed at how you guys are hitting 52 games in 8 months. I just counted and I've completed 17 games this year and I thought that was quite something...

That'sa big reason why I have been able to beat so many. I rarely touch MP outside of playing with friends or SteamGAF. Then after that i'm a one and done kind of guy. I play through the story and like it and call it a day. You won't see me any more going back and collecting or getting achievements unless I really really liked it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I'm doing better than I did last year: I finished 5.5 games throughout 2013 and am currently sitting at 0. It's like golf!

jshackles

Yeah, I think last year I set out originally with 24 games and planned to switch every hour, but ended up liking a lot of the games so much that I didn't want to stop playing. This year I'm going in with 18 games lined up and plan on probably not getting to them all, so we'll see how I do. Also last year I couldn't get my microphone working right for the live stream - this year I plan on having all of that figured out so I'll try to make it as entertaining as I possibly can for those of you that can occasionally pop in.

It's a great way to give my backlog a jolt, and it's a nice excuse to give my wife to let me game for 24 hours straight since it's all for charity. :)

kevin1025

Banned
what are you guys using to track this stuff?

memory?

:I

i'm kinda excited if i can get to do it even tho i'll most likely fail

I've been using the monthly backlog threads to keep track of what I've been doing. I'm sitting around 42 games completed for the year, and that was not keeping track in January and April, so it may be more. But for every game completed, there's at least three that took its place. Steam math!

what are you guys using to track this stuff?

memory?

:I

i'm kinda excited if i can get to do it even tho i'll most likely fail

I just go edit the post in that thread within a week or so of finishing something, usually.
Is that Lethal League GAF action gonna start soon?

KingDirk

In my list of projects, learning Gamemaker is high up so I can turn a fanfiction into the next Shut Up and Jam Gaiden. Of course I need to write the sequel fanfiction first. Bleh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom