• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
Steam support finally came through and changed my store region to the US!!!

I have escaped the konami asia region lock and the future SGD currency!!!

All hail the mighty US dollah!

jediyoshi

I don't understand PvZ:GW... it makes no sense to me. What's so special about it?

Even more curious, what about it makes no sense? The market isn't exactly saturated in third person, class based games with cartoony art. If you distill any game over the past few generations, there hasn't been much special in the entire collective of games for years.

saunderez

Literally nothing. It's exactly what you would expect from a PvZ third person shooter.

I didn't really have any real expectations of what a PvZ third person shooter would even be so it wasn't what I expected. My only expectation was that it was going to be terrible and it's not.

Even more curious, what about it makes no sense? The market isn't exactly saturated in third person, class based games with cartoony art. If you distill any game over the past few generations, there hasn't been much special in the entire collective of games for years.

The concept that you could even translate PvZ into a third person shooter is what confused me initially. But it totally works as a class based shooter with some light tower defense.

It's Mass Effect 3 multiplayer and much more.

ME3 multiplayer is amazing.

ME3 multiplayer IS amazing. I never thought it would be until I started playing it while working on the platinum. It's one of those "holy shit, it actually works and it's got potential to be glorious" unnecessary MP modes (sidenote: I've always thought about making a thread about this: what games added multiplayer as a bullet point and had it turn out fantastic?)...

But the last thing I ever thought was "I need some sort of TPS centered around the PvZ universe.
A
I watched some actual gameplay just now and it doesn't look anything like ME3 multiplayer to me... or something I would even find to be fun... oh well, to each his own, I suppose. :)

well its the 28th here so it's my bday. sorry I havent been around lately, I still like most of you kinda I swear

Happy birthday, Sharky.

Shade

And a few more bundle goodies. Enjoy! (PS. Take them! You know you want to!)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gravity Badgers -- MB-0DC29E81F2A543F7 - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Knytt Underground -- MB-88EDB3CEC4CED592 - Taken by jmizzal. 1 entrants total.
Oknytt -- MB-F57093F7AC16E27B - Taken by Zia. 2 entrants total.
Skyward Collapse -- MB-A727C0E519045579 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Major Mayhem -- MB-F21E3090D71D973E - Taken by xeris. 2 entrants total.
Really Big Sky -- MB-BB4F8ED1AA33698D - Taken by Tesseract. 3 entrants total.
Saturday Morning RPG -- MB-63D7A89C9049BA5F - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 2 entrants total.
To The Moon -- MB-EA398667E815C3DF - Taken by Gunstarheroes. 1 entrants total.

t1409197821z1.png

saunderez

with shitter micro transaction. don't forget to mention that

PvZ has worse microtransactions? I don't think so. It's not even worth buying the coin packs when you earn so many coins per round in Gardens vs Graveyards. Complete waste of money, the game pretty much throws them at you.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of crazyrabbits, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys and 12 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crazyrabbits, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Orcs Must Die 2 Complete Pack -- MB-49DE5F84F9C8D54F - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
The Crew Beta (UPlay) -- MB-E7A7B314F74E98BC - Taken by KingDirk. 5 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Vintage Year (Desura) -- MB-78152076E8752E61 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Knytt Underground -- MB-DF8B022E94D94506 - Taken by zerokoolpsx. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Song of the Myrne (Desura) -- MB-22C8B423A5A6119E
ulgzbKC.png
Steam and Metal (Desura) -- MB-AC7CA1DC79649E08
ulgzbKC.png
Fatal Theory (Desura) -- MB-5CAA22AC2F3D7C43
ulgzbKC.png
Retention (Desura) -- MB-7C0AA4E758ACD2B7
Major Mayhem -- MB-EF43E351624E0C20 - Taken by jediyoshi. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Make It Indie! (Desura) -- MB-6ECB0347B4253092
ulgzbKC.png
Expander (Desura) -- MB-2284D573531C8B20
ulgzbKC.png
NekoChan Collection (Desura) -- MB-20C13DBAF1D763CB
ulgzbKC.png
ClusterPuck99 (Desura) -- MB-F27172337FBA0E01
ulgzbKC.png
UnSummoning The Spectral Hord (Desura) -- MB-1E6996826027F05B
One Finger Death Punch -- MB-E7A7B314F74E98BC - Taken by KingDirk. 5 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Yury (Desura) -- MB-B4D450FAE1B1F645

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for One Finger Death Punch was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1409201421z1.png

Shittier how? I've not played PvZ yet so I'm not sure. I thought it would be the same as ME3.

PvZ has worse microtransactions? I don't think so. It's not even worth buying the coin packs when you earn so many coins per round in Gardens vs Graveyards. Complete waste of money, the game pretty much throws them at you.

imo its worse because you have to collect 5 pieces of a character before you unlock them compared to ME3 where once you get em, you get em. Its because of this reason alone that I decided not to purchase the game on PS4. On the bright side, they do have playsets where people can't use any of the unlockable characters so theres that.

Miguel81

OH that reminds me, I do have a Wii U pro controller lying around somewhere, I just gotta figure out how to get it working now on my PC like the DS4 haha. I've been thinking about replacing my DS4 sticks with the xbox one sticks, but I'm not sure yet. I'm worried that if I sent my DS4 and it gets new sticks that those ones are gonna eventually tear like these ones.

I wonder if the new Wave Blue controllers come with any changes. Mostly pertaining to sticks, sticking shoulder buttons, and battery life. The upcoming white DS4 is making me salivate, but I want to be sure that they are quality made this time.

saunderez

imo its worse because you have to collect 5 pieces of a character before you unlock them compared to ME3 where once you get em, you get em. Its because of this reason alone that I decided not to purchase the game on PS4. On the bright side, they do have playsets where people can't use any of the unlockable characters so theres that.

But thats not microtransactions, that's just unlockables. You can buy a sticker pack that has a guarantee of unlocking a character if you don't want to go through collecting 5 pieces as well. There are microtransactions in the game (buying coins with real money) but there's really no need to do this when the game is throwing them at you in Gardens vs Graveyards. 2 rounds of GvG and you've pretty much got enough to buy a 20k sticker pack.

Nete

The Banner Saga, I'm just before the final battle. Gonna play it tomorrow, I don't want it to end :(

Fuck tomorrow.
zP1fnTs.png

What an awesome game. It has some flaws (most of them probably due the small budget/team I guess), but they are outshined by the rest of the game. Outstanding artwork, great music, some fantastic characters, pretty nice writing... I even loved the combat, which for what I know was kinda controversial.

Has been a long time since a game sucked me this much to its world. Not even Divinity: OS, which is a fantastic game by itself. Is amazing the atmosphere these guys are capable to create with just some gorgeous backgrounds, almost static 2D portraits, music and some fine writing. The game does a great job making you to feel the burden of leadership. It was painful to see something bad happening because of my decisions in a caravan event. And the ending, oh god the ending
not giving the arrow to Alette
BEST DECISION IN MY LIFE EVER.

The Banner Saga 2, I'll see you on Day 1.

And thank you again StAidan for giving away this game.

Volimar

I really really liked The Banner Saga. Still my pick for GOTY.

In other news, I hope enough of steamGAF is going to be getting DA:Inquisition so we can have multiplayer games together.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of weemadarthur, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (weemadarthur, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tropico 4 bundle thingy -- MB-0D86EA205875402D - Taken by Ozium. 16 entrants total.

t1409245281z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is why Great Big War Game was yanked:

EDIT: I realised this after I’d finished typing. When Cosmi broke our agreement, the publishing rights to Great Big War Game PC reverted back to Rubicon. So right now, albeit accidentally, Valve are pirating our game. They’re selling it without our consent, taking some of the money, and giving the rest to God knows who. The only people not earning right now are the people that own it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom