• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maty

Nihilumbra is 1.99 on GMG.. might use credit..

how is this game

I liked it. This is from an old post of mine:

Nihilumbra is a 2D puzzle platformer where you can paint surfaces changing their properties depending on the color used. Light blue simulates ice, green makes you or whatever falls on it bounce and so on.

The game consists of 5 worlds with 7-8 parts each. It's a little heavy with the narrations but since the main game can be finished in 2-3 hours, it's not too bothersome. Once you beat it, you can replay the game in void mode which is basically the same game with harder puzzles and certain color restrictions depending on the stage.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel -- MB-33421CEB238594CA - Taken by Strazyplus. 4 entrants total.

t1409182281z1.png

kevin1025

Banned
Well you can play DS2 now while you have to wait for the other 2.
However the price you're getting both of those at is going to be cheaper than what they'll be for awhile. Plus the time spent playing those should put you up to about the winter sale where DS2 is sure to hit.

That's pretty much the way I'm thinking, waiting for winter sale and going for the cheaper prices on newer games (well, one new, one "new") now.

Also, has the Walking Dead episode 5 achievements started working yet? I haven't seen mention of it being fixed yet.

I'm not opening this thing. It wouldn't end well.
Yeah, I can understand that. I've opened enough controllers that I'm not too bothered by the thought though. Like putting an Xbox controller S dpad into a 360 controller. It's a strange improvement. It shouldn't work any better than the stock one, but it does.

bottom 2 are from 'my loot', rest are unused (to my knowledge) keys from groupees. Apologies if something doesn't work.

should have put in the "no need to pm thanks" code

ModBot said:
Instructions for MMBosstones86:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys and 5 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MMBosstones86, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
Splatter (Desura) -- MB-C034C47413DC56E6 - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Super Panda Adventures (Desura) -- MB-272AB85AE522429F - Taken by WinterDemons
ulgzbKC.png
Ring Runner (Desura) -- MB-42AFFCD2D74DA007 - Taken by Teppic. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Particulars (Desura) -- MB-C95A60E7707386C7 - Taken by Jason Frost
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-C02D0EC18DEC7E92 - Taken by Ozium. 2 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
BloodRayne 2 (GOG) -- MB-BEC03C521D693865 - Taken by Perun. 1 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die 2 -- MB-8EAAD1562B88DA1D - Taken by Divius. 5 entrants total.
Depths of Peril -- MB-8CE4F1058603D915 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Ittle Dew -- MB-A84938BFE2E89817 - Taken by Annubis. 2 entrants total.
Eador -- MB-FFE5A1F2B18A2ADA - Taken by topyy. 1 entrants total.
Mini Motor Racing Evo -- MB-AF849595DEEDE6B1 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 2 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-96EB66F247E3A817
Crusader Kings II African Unit Pack -- MB-B7D5A5112B75AFBB

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Ballpoint Universe was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Crusader Kings II African Unit Pack was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1409182521z1.png

Turfster

Wow.
Portal 2 The Final Hours really is a fucking shoddy product.
On OSX, Steam doesn't even try to install things?
Or is this more of the laziness emanating from this thing?
"Oh, you don't have the right Adobe Air. Go find it yourself, scrub."

Ozium

Or people who focus on their k/d ratio instead of the actual objective. I've played capture point and payload games where snipers stay in the base and shoot from there. We get our asses whipped, but hey, they get kills! And that's what matters right?

um? I assume you're talking about TF2 and this begs the question... what were the 10 other people doing? snipers gonna snipe bro... it's like complaining about scouts not taking out sentry guns

Ozium

Wow.
Portal 2 The Final Hours really is a fucking shoddy product.
On OSX, Steam doesn't even try to install things?
Or is this more of the laziness emanating from this thing?
"Oh, you don't have the right Adobe Air. Go find it yourself, scrub."

Author: Geoff Keighly
Publisher: Geoff Keighly

edit: double post :(

Ozium

awwwwwwwwwwwww yiss... thank you to gunstarheroes for lethal league!

installing now...

and thanks mmbosstones for grimrock!

today is a red letter day!

Jawmuncher

Looks great, really enjoyed the game on the One so I'm looking forward to playing it on the PC at 60 FPS and not horrible IQ. Game gets insane near the end with the zombie count and weapons you can craft.

Funny enough when I play stuff on consoles.
I sort of just zone out on the technical stuff and just accept it and forget it's even there.

Deitus

um? I assume you're talking about TF2 and this begs the question... what were the 10 other people doing? snipers gonna snipe bro... it's like complaining about scouts not taking out sentry guns

They were talking about CS:GO actually.

Edit: Or maybe not. Someguyinahat seems to be talking about TF2 with references to payload. But the people he was responding to were talking about CS:GO.

But anyway, yes snipers are going to snipe, but in an objective based game Snipers should not be set up in a position where they are incapable of assisting their team with the objective, simply because it reduces their chance of dying and lowering their stats. It's a dick move, and I'd rather not play with people who act like that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm going to try to keep my fundraising efforts to a minimum on GAF (because I'm not sure if it's frowned upon or not, but also because I don't want to annoy everyone) but I've set up my profile page for Extra Life for this year which is on October 25th.

Enhanced Steam was able to raise a couple hundred dollars last year, and I had a blast doing the 24 hour marathon. Although after about 18 hours it started getting more and more difficult to keep going. Just like last year, I'll be live-streaming the event.

This year, anyone who donates and puts their Steam URL in the donation comment box will get an Enhanced Steam Supporter Extra Life badge on their Steam profile (visible to anyone browsing your profile using Enhanced Steam). I'll also be holding a Steam Gift raffle where you get one entry for every $5 your donate.

Anyway, I'll try to keep the promotional stuff to a minimum here, just thought you guys might be interested in helping out!

Funny enough when I play stuff on consoles.
I sort of just zone out on the technical stuff and just accept it and forget it's even there.

I usually do as well, just gives me something to look forward to when they come to the PC. Dead Rising 3 has some great lighting effects, textures, and scale.

One case I can think of recently that I couldn't just let it go was Drakengard 3 which I shit you not runs at around 15 FPS on average, and often drops to the single digits for 5-10 seconds at a time when you kill a large enemy. Insane! After a few hours you kind of get used to it but I came back to it a few days ago to clear up the last few trophies for the platinum and it was actually nauseating.

Ozium

but someguyinahat was talking about control points and payload... those are TF2 game modes

But anyway, yes snipers are going to snipe, but in an objective based game Snipers should not be set up in a position where they are incapable of assisting their team with the objective, simply because it reduces their chance of dying and lowering their stats. It's a dick move, and I'd rather not play with people who act like that.

but snipers (in tf2) assist their team with the objective by killing people.. but I see what you mean...

Mono

Ooo, good job Jawmuncher!

I kinda wanna join in on that, but I think it would kinda feel weird posting up my completed list now. Once I finish RE5 I'll be at 43 completed so far, and I could definitely get the rest of the way there with the time left.

Dunno.

I'm definitely jumping in on that next year! I haven't been keeping track of the games I've beaten this year, but I know it's been a lot! I guess I could try to figure it out.

I'm going to try to keep my fundraising efforts to a minimum on GAF (because I'm not sure if it's frowned upon or not, but also because I don't want to annoy everyone) but I've set up my profile page for Extra Life for this year which is on October 25th.

Enhanced Steam was able to raise a couple hundred dollars last year, and I had a blast doing the 24 hour marathon. Although after about 18 hours it started getting more and more difficult to keep going. Just like last year, I'll be live-streaming the event.

This year, anyone who donates and puts their Steam URL in the donation comment box will get an Enhanced Steam Supporter Extra Life badge on their Steam profile (visible to anyone browsing your profile using Enhanced Steam). I'll also be holding a Steam Gift raffle where you get one entry for every $5 your donate.

Anyway, I'll try to keep the promotional stuff to a minimum here, just thought you guys might be interested in helping out!

That's awesome! I look forward to it

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Emperor_EL, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Emperor_EL, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xWBm0BY.png
The Crew Beta (Uplay) #2 -- MB-EEAEFA86ABED0F60 - Taken by Oreoleo. 1 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
The Crew Beta (Uplay) #1 -- MB-24EEAFA43957345C

t1409186361z1.png

Jawmuncher

I usually do as well, just gives me something to look forward to when they come to the PC. Dead Rising 3 has some great lighting effects, textures, and scale.

One case I can think of recently that I couldn't just let it go was Drakengard 3 which I shit you not runs at around 15 FPS on average, and often drops to the single digits for 5-10 seconds at a time when you kill a large enemy. Insane!

Yeah will end up grabbing DR3 on the PC at some point for the improvements and DLC.
But oh man that doesn't sound good at all. Framerate is always the worst thing to experience. Since it impacts how you play so it's hard to deal with it when it gets that bad. Same with screen tearing.

Way to go Jawmuncher. I should probably look back at what Steam games I've finished this year and write up my own list.

Thanks. I think you should if you ever have some extra time just sitting around.
It cool to look back at all you have accomplished.

Oreoleo

Won the Crew from Cuban Legend (thanks again), but Uplay absolutely refuses to let me download the game, saying I either don't have an internet connection (I do) or sufficient HD space (I do, 200+GB)

Fuck this shit, Ubisoft.

Copons

Yup, this.
Like when last men alive, instead of defusing or planting, run around the map to score some last minute kill, usually losing the round.

And anyway snipers having a support role implies that they... support, not that they can mind their business while accidentally helping the team... :D

Oreoleo

Won the Crew from Cuban Legend (thanks again), but Uplay absolutely refuses to let me download the game, saying I either don't have an internet connection (I do) or sufficient HD space (I do, 200+GB)

Fuck this shit, Ubisoft.

Uninstalled Uplay, to try to reinstall it on a different HD.

The link here http://uplay.ubi.com/ doesn't even start a download.

I'm at a complete loss, what a fucking joke.

Edit- Nevermind, found the unbelievably small download link farther down the page.

rookiejet

Yeah, I can understand that. I've opened enough controllers that I'm not too bothered by the thought though. Like putting an Xbox controller S dpad into a 360 controller. It's a strange improvement. It shouldn't work any better than the stock one, but it does.

Try this mod as well, if you haven't, it makes the pad actually fun to use by making it click-y and more precise. (Would've recommended you this earlier, but totally forgot about it since I haven't used the 360 pad in ages.)

jokkir

I still can't believe I almost put 2000 hours in Garry's Mod playing Trouble In Terrorist Town. I didn't even play the sandbox mode that much.

And I just realized there's a GAF Steam group too. I should post here more often lol

zkylon

zkylewd
first thing that happens when i start dark souls 2 dlc, i get invaded lol

managed to get the guy since he was a legit ganker, not one of those fotm fuckers. dude was even called "phantom" so that was really confusing, specially since it happened right after i
saw one of the fire throwing ash queen statues

dlc is so far not great, some cool looking vistas and enemy types are fun but yeah, i don't like fighting multiple enemies in souls games. it's just aggravating in the not-cool kind of way. i end up using arrows to whittle down their numbers from a distance and that's just not very much fun. dlc 1 was a lot more entertaining cos it was so open and crazy.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of cHinzo, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (cHinzo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Walking Dead: Season Two -- MB-A4A84810973AB9C0 - Taken by Shalashaska. 105 entrants total.

t1409186958z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom