• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I am extremely intrigued by World of Diving and Subnautica. Please be good!

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
This one from the Amazon sale could be interesting for some

http://www.amazon.com/Sega-Sporty-Pack-Online-Game/dp/B00K88T974/ref=sr_1_98?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=1-98

Sonic Racing (awesome game), Virtua Tennis 4, Sega Bass Fishing and Jet Set Radio for 5$

And all the Sonics for 12,29$

http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Everywhere-Pack-Online-Game/dp/B00GJ2HZ7E/ref=pd_sim_vg_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=13KSHJT7Q475ZDKKCJM8

And for the Hidden Object fans like me and Der Experte

http://www.amazon.com/House-000-Doors-Secrets-Collectors/dp/B00M1WF4Q0/ref=sr_1_56?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1409223188&sr=1-56

House of 1,000 Doors - Family Secrets for 2,50$ :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This one from the Amazon sale could be interesting for some

http://www.amazon.com/Sega-Sporty-Pack-Online-Game/dp/B00K88T974/ref=sr_1_98?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=1-98

Sonic Racing (awesome game), Virtua Tennis 4, Sega Bass Fishing and Jet Set Radio for 5$

Bah, every time I see Virtua Tennis 4 mentioned I think it's the one I'm missing, but that's 2009.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/298386874/1409183909

Wickland (one of the bonus games in the recent greenlight groupees bundle) has been greenlit... has there been another batch that I missed or are they just greenlighting games not in batches?

what. is. happening.

I just checked the past few batches and it wasn't in any of them. Maybe it was hand-picked by Valve.

Edit: Or what Arthea says below.

Knurek

I have a dilemma: I still haven't played more than 15 minutes of Crusader Kings 2, waiting for some discounts to newer expansions...
Should I buy Victoria complete bundle? Stopped caring about +1s after I hit 1k, and I really should cut on senseless spending... But OTOH, Steam reviews are more than positive, and the game is said to be a different beast than CK2 is...

JakeD

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JakeD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

deadlight -- MB-4E0F3C6E5143EBC5 - Taken by mik7697

humble link

UnrealEck

I have a bunch of extras from HB for some games if anyone wants them. Send me a PM. Here's what I have:

• Company of Heroes 2: German Commander - Storm Doctrine
  • Company of Heroes 2: German Skin - Four Color Disruptive Pattern
  • Company of Heroes 2: Soviet Commander - Conscripts Support Tactics
  • Company of Heroes 2: Soviet Skin - Four Color Belorussian
  • Landmark 1-Week Closed Beta Key (not sure if this still works but it's Everquest Landmark)
  • PAYDAY 2 Orc and Crossbreed Masks
  • SMITE - Almighty Zeus
  • Total War: Rome II - Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack

Lain

Wonder if this has already been posted. Searching for MangaGamer didn't give me much.

Sort of related because it is PC gaming (and people that bought Sakura Spirit from them received a Steam Key too), but seems like MangaGamer was hacked. I received this email:

MangaGamer said:
Dear MangaGamer Customers

A few short hours ago, our company received a report of an intrusion to the database on our website. We believe that customer e-mail addresses, usernames, and passwords may have been compromised at this time. Credit card information is NOT stored in our databases, and as such has NOT been comprised. We are currently working with utmost haste to track down and seal the method of intrusion to prevent this from occurring again.

In the meantime, we are truly sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, and we strongly recommend that you change your password on any sites or services which used the same password as your MangaGamer account.

Once this issue has been resolved, we will issue an e-mail to all customers requesting a password reset.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, and we hope that you will continue to support us in our endeavors to bring great visual novels to the west.

Best Regards,
MangaGamer Staff

Lain

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/298386874/1409183909

Wickland (one of the bonus games in the recent greenlight groupees bundle) has been greenlit... has there been another batch that I missed or are they just greenlighting games not in batches?

what. is. happening.

3 games have been greenlit on the... 19? Aegis Defenders, Jenny LeClue and Train Valley. I asked about it in here but there wasn't a real answer.
To me it looks like they are hand picking some games instead of doing batches, maybe to combat the free games for votes?

Avtomat

Anyone know how long it usually takes valve to respond to a steam ticket. I accidentally bought the wrong version of Darksiders 2 and want a refund in steam credit. I got the franchise pack instead.

But have had a ticket on since since Sunday with no response.

Coldsun

Banned
Anyone know how long it usually takes valve to respond to a steam ticket. I accidentally bought the wrong version of Darksiders 2 and want a refund in steam credit. I got the franchise pack instead.

4-14 days from my past experiences.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Is SF x TK still gfwl ? Enhanced Steam tells me so

Deques

You better wait a few more days before getting a response if you are lucky

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

I think you're out of luck. If I am not mistaken Valve only offers refunds for pre-purchases

Hexcells is by the same guy that made Sentinel? That just blew my mind. Sentinel is awesome, I should really try Hexcells soon.

Hexcells is really good and left me wanting more.

Unfortunately the levels in Hexcells plus? I didn't really enjoy them because the mechanic felt more fiddly than fun. Hopefully the third game gets the balance right and provides enough content.

So, Assassin's Creed 4 is $12 on Gamestop for I dunno how long. Got the Cheapshark alert and pretty much immediately jumped on it. uPlay code and not Steam, but even on Steam it'd run through uPlay anyway so it's not that big a deal!

Great.

As someone not from the US seems you cant buy it. Tried it with my CC and it shows something that the CC-information and my borderlinx adress, of course, dont match.

Try to pay with Paypal it shows there is some mistake.

Try it again with Paypal Express checkout and still shows there is some mistake...

Copons

Crazy Taxi is very much a spot on port of the Dreamcast game where the only deciding factor for you will really be the controls. Offers a few options; Tilt which is rather rubbish and will force you to struggle with the controls more than you would anything in the game, Android support for blue-tooth or HID USB gamepad, or the default and quite serviceable left/right/Drive/Reverse touch screen buttons.
I only went with the touch screen controls and other than getting used to double tapping left or right to start a drift, as well as boost being hitting Drive twice, I quickly got back into the swing of the game and found myself getting S class license scores and doing almost as well as I was on Dreamcast. I couldn't quite go between vehicles nearly as well as I would with a controller as I do lack some finesse only left or right virtual buttons, but nothing to prevent me from having fun or doing well.

It's still my favourite racing game and despite not liking other racing games on mobile, this I can have fun playing.

ChuChu Rocket is exactly what it is, and works just fine for mobile. Better served for a tablet, but a good fun puzzle game where touch screen control I feel is preferred over a controller.

I'm personally not a fan of Super Monkey Ball 2 for it's tilt controls. They work to be sure, usually the slower you are moving the better, and a little sensor bar being shown goes a long way to keeping you as you should be, but so much can be lost simply because you have to tilt and lose vision or screw up because you forgot what neutral position was. Depends on how much you feel you will really move around and can keep focused on a moving screen I believe.

Ah, thank you.

I ended up buying the base tier, as I was actually interested in Virtua Tennis, and the BTA were all games I already own, except Monkey Ball, but I kinda hate tilt controls.
As for Crazy Taxi, I guess I could just install it from Steam... :D

JaseC

Great.

As someone not from the US seems you cant buy it. Tried it with my CC and it shows something that the CC-information and my borderlinx adress, of course, dont match.

Try to pay with Paypal it shows there is some mistake.

Try it again with Paypal Express checkout and still shows there is some mistake...

Most of GameStop's catalogue is limited to US customers. There's no getting around the US-based payment method requirement in such cases.

Most of GameStop's catalogue is limited to US customers. There's no getting around the US-based payment method requirement in such cases.

Just remember I bought Skyrim about 2 years ago on Gamestop.com and at least at that time there werent any problems.

Too bad.

StAidan

zP1fnTs.png

[...]

The Banner Saga 2, I'll see you on Day 1.

And thank you again StAidan for giving away this game.

Dang man, you blew right through that game! I'm impressed. Anyway, glad you liked it -- sounds like it went to the right person, which is the best I could ask for.

Arthea

something definitely is going on with greenlight process. There were 6 games greenlit after 1st of August, without ever appearing in news or in any other way. Here is the list.
Jenny LeClue - Detectivu - 19 Aug
Train Valley - 19 Aug
Aegis Defenders - 19 Aug
Dangerous Rays - 28 Aug
Wickland - 28 Aug
Relic Hunters Zero - 28 Aug

it seem to be 3 in every 10 days or so?

edited: maybe Stump will know more, as he follows greenlight closely

3 games have been greenlit on the... 19? Aegis Defenders, Jenny LeClue and Train Valley. I asked about it in here but there wasn't a real answer.
To me it looks like they are hand picking some games instead of doing batches, maybe to combat the free games for votes?

But I thought greenlight works this way that after passing certain upvoting threshold, games are guaranteed to be greenlit. I might be wrong on this, I don't remember where and when I read that.

it may depend on severity of the problem, but they aren't fast to answer. I think I waited more than a week last time and answer didn't help in any way, of course (><)
When in doubt, ask Jasec (it's only reliable steam support line that I know of)

JaseC

But I thought greenlight works this way that after passing certain upvoting threshold, games are guaranteed to be greenlit. I might be wrong on this, I don't remember where and when I read that.

It's wasn't (and presumably still isn't) automatic, despite what games like Shadow of the Eternals making the cut would suggest.

Arthea

It's wasn't (and presumably still isn't) an automatic, despite what games like Shadow of the Eternals making the cut would suggest.
very funny!
but devs in greenlight chat were always talking about going up to the top of the list and seem to perceive that as indication they are being greenlit or not. I know that said "list" is not available for us, but I was sure it is automated process.

Knurek

Unfortunately the levels in Hexcells plus? I didn't really enjoy them because the mechanic felt more fiddly than fun. Hopefully the third game gets the balance right and provides enough content.

36 hand made levels, infinite number of procedurally generated ones.
Depending on how much you can setup with procedural ones (size, ruleset, etc), it should be the Hexcells game to end all Hexcells games.

JaseC

very funny!
but devs in greenlight chat were always talking about going up to the top of the list and seem to perceive that as indication they are being greenlit or not. I know that said "list" is not available for us, but I was sure it is automated process.

If it were automated there'd be no need for batches (outside of making the games known, of course). ;) That could be what's happening here or maybe Greenlight is being abolished sooner than first thought but Valve wants to give a small leg-up to titles that are of particular interest.

fantomena

Murdered: Soul Suspect ain't that bad honestly. Gameplay is kinda clunky and dull, but the story ain't so bad. Getting my 5&#8364; worth it it seems.

JaseC

Ok lemme rephrase, was there ever a case were a game having more votes/being higher on the list was not greenlit but a game with less votes and bellow on the list was?

With the last batch, games that were tied to free key promotions were ignored.

Arthea

With the last batch, games that had free key promotions were ignored.

you proved your point, I didn't know that, btw nice thread

36 hand made levels, infinite number of procedurally generated ones.
Depending on how much you can setup with procedural ones (size, ruleset, etc), it should be the Hexcells game to end all Hexcells games.

it seems not a smart thing to do, no?

Turfster

Eh, kind of want AC4, but on the other hand...

Wickland from the Groupees BAGB9 has been greenlit.
We might possibly get another batch soon, I think we're due.

Knurek

it seems not a smart thing to do, no?

From what I understood, Matthew Brown is trying to concentrate on his next game (Rhythm based racer), and having to constantly stop working to whip up another batch of Hexcells puzzles would not help.

Personally, I'm still waiting for someone to bring proper Picross/Nonograms game to Steam.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
something definitely is going on with greenlight process. There were 6 games greenlit after 1st of August, without ever appearing in news or in any other way. Here is the list.
Jenny LeClue - Detectivu - 19 Aug
Train Valley - 19 Aug
Aegis Defenders - 19 Aug
Dangerous Rays - 28 Aug
Wickland - 28 Aug
Relic Hunters Zero - 28 Aug

it seem to be 3 in every 10 days or so?

edited: maybe Stump will know more, as he follows greenlight closely

No more than you do; a few steam watchers on other sites have noticed this too, but Valve haven't said anything and it's not totally clear how it's working.

Arthea

Eh, kind of want AC4, but on the other hand...

Wickland from the Groupees BAGB9 has been greenlit.
We might possibly get another batch soon, I think we're due.

so not only we don't read your posts, you don't read ours too!

From what I understood, Matthew Brown is trying to concentrate on his next game (Rhythm based racer), and having to constantly stop working to whip up another batch of Hexcells puzzles would not help.

Personally, I'm still waiting for someone to bring proper Picross/Nonograms game to Steam.

oh, then it makes sense

me too Knurek, me too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom