• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i really enjoy dead state gameplay, probably a lot more than i have any right to. just the whole mix of management and talking to people and fallout combat, it's just a lot of stuff i like combined

unfortunately right now it's kind of clunky as hell and i dunno if those things will get fixed/improved. it's tolerable for a short playthrough but it might get super annoying over 30 hours of play. kinda like shadowrun really, i could stand it for like 8 hours or whatever the first campaign lasted but by campaign 2 i wasn't having any of it.

but yeah this game having the exact same fallout combat is like no fair. just wins me over on heart alone.

Anyone from the U. S. of A. would kindly gift me AC4 from Gamestop? Would PP the money then.
how much is it?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's actually pretty simple, when you think about it. For example, I've played 2 ~100 hour long games this year alone and several ~50 hours, and I do "relax after work or a hard day" thing, where I play endless games for couple of hours or so. Now imagine if instead of spending 200 hours on two games, I played 10 hour long games, that's 20 games right here, and I finished ~20 games this year already, that makes 40, now if I was to do the same with ~50 hours games, I would easily be at ~50 games. It's just not my way (><)
52 short games is doable, if you include MMOs and other endless games, and some long games, that's it, not possible.

edited: forgot to mention that 52 would be too much for me, most likely, I do get tired of gaming and make breaks even with much less intensive gaming schedule.
It still sounds like a hell of a lot to me! I can't even find the motivation to launch a game most nights, much less finishing several 100 hours long games. 2012 was special to me due to finishing all three Mass Effects (40 hours each) in about two months, but that's the only time I managed to do something like that.

Besides, I often stop playing games midway through and never come back, so that is some time wasted.

Knurek

It still sounds like a hell of a lot to me! I can't even find the motivation to launch a game most nights, much less finishing several 100 hours long games. 2012 was special to me due to finishing all three Mass Effects (40 hours each) in about two months, but that's the only time I managed to do something like that.

Besides, I often stop playing games midway through and never come back, so that is some time wasted.

It's definitely doable (I'm personally nearing 100 this year), you just need to concentrate on games that don't take 50+ hours to finish (basically, none or close to none RPGs/strategy games). If you like PnC adventure games, platformers or puzzle games, you're good to go.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
is it steam? if it is that's actually a very tempting deal

The only two DD stores that sell Steam keys for Uplay games are Amazon (Assassin's Creed 3, Far Cry 3, Black Flag) and Mac Game Store (Black Flag, Might & Magic X).

First come, first serve - take them all:

Song of the Myrne (Desura) -- YL0BG-78DOC-5MELT-BB41F-C0D4P
Steam and Metal (Desura) -- VC09G-H6ILD-5SFMM-ZVDP1-MOMUT
Fatal Theory (Desura) -- JAMR7-J4W3A-5OXSL-XKT16-H8ABB
Retention (Desura) -- ZBSV7-EUL1R-LOFJY-O3GU0-CDWSZ
Make It Indie! (Desura) -- XQJLE-SK7LQ-KDW4W-DUY6E-2RTTN
Expander (Desura) -- GLF82-9ACON-QXXVY-64VOA-MMO1R
NekoChan Collection (Desura) -- WQORT-RMO3H-HWAEF-JS8ID-NLPIU
ClusterPuck99 (Desura) -- WRJLI-KKWFD-GAEML-8XATL-GP1ZZ
UnSummoning The Spectral Hord (Desura) -- HR9ET-Q1OTU-TGNOS-SOOB2-KF2SR
Yury (Desura) -- I9XPS-NOG00-AMRTU-BBRR0-GIHOG

Man, these past few weeks have been brutal. I haven't had time to game or post much. But I think I'm settling into my new routine.
I got a new job three weeks ago and this week my sons went back to school from summer break. This gives me some time to play.
I finally got to play some more Killer is Dead. That game is a lot of fun and I find myself enjoying it quite a bit. How's things, SteamGAF?

KingDirk

Is Fract OSC as good as it looks? I have almost every other game in that megabooth but I'm considering getting the latter just for Fract and Dadliest and then giftin' t'other keys.

zkylon

zkylewd
The only two DD stores that sell Steam keys for Uplay games are Amazon (Assassin's Creed 3, Far Cry 3, Black Flag) and Mac Game Store (Black Flag, Might & Magic X).
i guess i'll wait then

tbh i may end up buying ass unity just to support ubi actually trying something new for a change so i think i might just skip 4

still not 100% sold on unity cos what i watched from it didn't look particularly impressive

Fuck tomorrow.
zP1fnTs.png

What an awesome game. It has some flaws (most of them probably due the small budget/team I guess), but they are outshined by the rest of the game. Outstanding artwork, great music, some fantastic characters, pretty nice writing... I even loved the combat, which for what I know was kinda controversial.

Has been a long time since a game sucked me this much to its world. Not even Divinity: OS, which is a fantastic game by itself. Is amazing the atmosphere these guys are capable to create with just some gorgeous backgrounds, almost static 2D portraits, music and some fine writing. The game does a great job making you to feel the burden of leadership. It was painful to see something bad happening because of my decisions in a caravan event. And the ending, oh god the ending
not giving the arrow to Alette
BEST DECISION IN MY LIFE EVER.

The Banner Saga 2, I'll see you on Day 1.

And thank you again StAidan for giving away this game.

That avatar. Thanks for not using a pic of
Onef, who single-handedly locked me out of 2 achievements that I later learned would have been guaranteed by all of the choices I made.
I'm pretty upset with that guy. I went out on a limb for him.

I, too, recently played through the game. I agree with the sentiments. It captured my imagination and really pulled me in. I liked the combat, but I would have loved to see Abilities in a different resource pool than Exertion, or at least buffed abilities. As is, I could never bring myself to spend Willpower 90% of the time on anything other than boosting attacks.

My number 1, and really the only, complaint is that
the caravan has literally no impact on the story or endgame. I lost characters (good ones!) to decisions I made to keep my caravan safe and satiated. Characters I could have used in fights. Having a ton of Clansmen, Varl and Fighters pull in at the end was effectively the same as pulling in with them all starved to death.
I'd like to see a major boost to its necessity in the sequel. I also wouldn't mind the risk of starvation coming sooner. It had me on edge to see those numbers pop up with a negative sign...

I felt terrible.
And I wanted Alette to know I had full confidence in her, so the Silver Arrow went with her...

Vlad

Hexcells 3 out next week!!!one

Includes random puzzle generator

I really liked the first two (even though the first one was really almost a tutorial compared to how hard the second one gets), so this is great news. What's even better is that apparently this one will support mid-level saving. I can't even remember how many times that I got halfway through a puzzle in Plus and needed to stop. I eventually was just saving screenshots of my progress so I could re-complete what I had done the next time I loaded the game.

goddamn. Hexcells was great and Hexcells Plus was even better but I could never get a perfect score on some of last few levels.

Yeah, Hexcells Plus really ramps the difficulty up, but it's always fair. You never have to guess on any cells, and I was frequently surprised at some of the clever ways I had to use the clues given to figure stuff out.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's definitely doable (I'm personally nearing 100 this year), you just need to concentrate on games that don't take 50+ hours to finish (basically, none or close to none RPGs/strategy games). If you like PnC adventure games, platformers or puzzle games, you're good to go.
Holy fuck, how did you play all that? It would take me a lifetime to reach 100 titles, wow.

Also, was this your first time playing the Ace Attorney games? I hope you liked them! Today I found out the crossover with Professor Layton will be out tomorrow, so I'm very excited for that (never played a PL game before).

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Painkiller: Recurring Evil -- MB-0A7E2EDA73F9FE6B - Taken by SSPssp
Glare -- MB-11F32FEF8808F3FE - Taken by redlacs

madjoki

Killer is Dead is 9.99 on Amazon

Also a slew of other games that i'm sure was already posted.
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_lin...d_t=101&pf_rd_p=1909339382&pf_rd_i=7266959011

NBA 2K14 - $6.00 (80% off)

Very good price if you haven't used your $5 coupon. ($1 /w coupon)
Those were given for anyone who bought 2K game from Amazon prior to release of game for preorder.

"Thank you for your purchase of a 2K game from Amazon.com. Your purchase entitles you to a $5 promotional credit towards the pre-order of NBA 2K14. To redeem your credit visit: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D93B5VI/?tag=neogaf0e-20 click "Pre-order PC Download" and your credit will be automatically applied. Credit must be used by 9/24/2014."

Tizoc

Got a question regarding some of the Sonic games-
1- How's the emulation on Sonic 1, 2, 3 and 3&K? Are Knuckles in Sonic 2 and stand alone Knuckles available too?
2- How's Sonic Adventure DX now? Has SEGA gotten around to updating it?
3- Amazon has a Sonic pack for $13ish, and based on its description, the games are separate keys correct?

Knurek

Holy fuck, how did you play all that? It would take me a lifetime to reach 100 titles, wow.

I almost don't watch TV, don't have much of a social life, no children yet and bouts of insomnia to boot.
Also, I needed something to take my mind off of pre-marriage stress. Before I knew it I was over the 52 line... :)

Also, was this your first time playing the Ace Attorney games? I hope you liked them! Today I found out the crossover with Professor Layton will be out tomorrow, so I'm very excited for that (never played a PL game before).

Nah, just the Gyakuten Keiji 2 and AA5 I'm playing at the moment are new. Rest was replays (although from a clear save, so no text skipping).
I like the games, true, although I can't help but feel the formula is getting a bit old in the tooth.

Shit,i thought i easily had the 52 games challenge met but it appears that i'm about 6 short, depending on how you count each game.

It's a pain in the ass to go looking through my trophies, then looking at my download list for games i've finished that don't have trophies (PSP GAMES I HATE YOU), then checking Steam cheevos, then realizing how many steam games i finished that didn't have cheevos, then trying to remember my non-steam games (origins/Uplay nonsense), then remembering that I also owned a WiiU, then remembering if i played anything on it in the last 8 months, then while doing that remember that I actually played a couple of things on my ipad...

Also, how are people approaching DLC on that thing? I finished 3 sleeping dawgs DLCs. Does that count as 3 separate entries? Last, what about games i played but said, naw fuck it this shit stinks and I'm never, ever going back to? For me, i'm "finished" with that game but technically I didn't complete it.

Maybe the wrong thread for this but since i've being seeing some steambros doing this i figured i'd try asking about this stuff here first.

AkuMifune

Banned
Apparently I have some unredeemed bundle keys?

If any of these don't redeem for you send me a pm, I'll give you a consolation prize through Steam.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (AkuMifune, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

F.E.A.R. -- MB-B2BE68D8817E06C5 - Taken by Perun. 5 entrants total.
Spirits -- MB-1BABF02CD7193F5F - Taken by arts&crafts. 1 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-2751C2D11AF2E1E8 - Taken by freshVeggie. 3 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-FEBD29B3538A071C - Taken by Rudakus. 2 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-E1521628D774894D - Taken by AsylumX. 1 entrants total.
Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel -- MB-28EC8F05F1BCA98E - Taken by Woody Invincible. 2 entrants total.
Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-494C47EDBA2EE2A2 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Fez -- MB-E50873EDEAD7CECF - Taken by FtHTiny. 1 entrants total.

t1409244383z1.png

Hugstable

Banned
I almost don't watch TV, don't have much of a social life, no children yet and bouts of insomnia to boot.
Also, I needed something to take my mind off of pre-marriage stress. Before I knew it I was over the 52 line... :)

Nah, just the Gyakuten Keiji 2 and AA5 I'm playing at the moment are new. Rest was replays (although from a clear save, so no text skipping).
I like the games, true, although I can't help but feel the formula is getting a bit old in the tooth.

Yeah, I don't think I would be able to play all the Ace Attorney games back to back like that, I love them but they are all very similar and each game was like 20 hours long (at least for me). Speaking of DS VN have you played the Zero Escape series (999)? Also congrats on so many games finished this year, once I start my tally up I'll be joining in on the fun, but it's gonna be tough to finish around another 20 games before years end haha.

Shit,i thought i easily had the 52 games challenge met but it appears that i'm about 6 short, depending on how you count each game.

It's a pain in the ass to go looking through my trophies, then looking at my download list for games i've finished that don't have trophies (PSP GAMES I HATE YOU), then checking Steam cheevos, then realizing how many steam games i finished that didn't have cheevos, then trying to remember my non-steam games (origins/Uplay nonsense), then remembering that I also owned a WiiU, then remembering if i played anything on it in the last 8 months, then while doing that remember that I actually played a couple of things on my ipad...

Also, how are people approaching DLC on that thing? I finished 3 sleeping dawgs DLCs. Does that count as 3 separate entries? Last, what about games i played but said, naw fuck it this shit stinks and I'm never, ever going back to? For me, i'm "finished" with that game but technically I didn't complete it.

Maybe the wrong thread for this but since i've being seeing some steambros doing this i figured i'd try asking about this stuff here first.

Personally I would count DLC myself if they are longer than an 2 hours atleast since that's atleast some gametime more than some other games require at times haha. Also myself I would count a game as being "finished" when completed, but I don't worry about trophies or achievements in that. If I can start a game, not like it and not beat it and call it "finished" I'd probably be at 100 games done this year lol.

Grief.exe

Use backloggery to keep track of your games.

It will be my first time playing the Ace Attorney games when I pick up the Trilogy this Fall.
Looks like Capcom is putting some effort into this port.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is it just me, or does it feel like "the Crew"'s cars have no grip? Like I can take corners but it's a 50/50 chance if I'm going to "drift" or actually be able to hold the corner with speed. It's kinda crazy.

(Yes, I know "it's still in beta" but Geez)

Hugstable

Banned
Is it just me, or does it feel like "the Crew"'s cars have no grip? Like I can take corners but it's a 50/50 chance if I'm going to "drift" or actually be able to hold the corner with speed. It's kinda crazy.

Isn't it more of an arcade style racer anyway? Physics on those games, especially when it comes to drifting and grip are always pretty wonky.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I think the handling is suppose to improve as you level up your l33t driving skillz.

Tizoc

Looks like Capcom is putting some effort into this port.

BTW Grief, if you're interested here's quick list of some of the notable games Capcom put on PC in the past 2 decades
Megaman X4
Megaman X5
Megaman X3
Megaman X8
Breath of Fire 4

...and that's it off the top of my head atm :p

Personally I would count DLC myself if they are longer than an 2 hours atleast since that's atleast some gametime more than some other games require at times haha. Also myself I would count a game as being "finished" when completed, but I don't worry about trophies or achievements in that. If I can start a game, not like it and not beat it and call it "finished" I'd probably be at 100 games done this year lol.

Well, when i mean "finished" i don't mean a couple of minutes of play, messing around, and then moving on. I mean that i put at least a couple of hours into it before walking away after making a serious attempt at playing the game and going in with the intention of completing it. With the Witcher 1, for example, i put 16-17 hours into it before i hit a wall in the game that just left me no longer wanting to play it. To me, that game is done, i have scratched it off my personal backlog, and will never again try to finish it.

Use backloggery to keep track of your games.

ok, gonna check it out. Thanks!

Arthea

keeping track of backlog (using backloggery too) is too much work in itself and takes time that can be dedicated to playing games, just telling. It's OK if you like to do it, but it's certainly not for everyone.

BTW Grief, if you're interested here's quick list of some of the notable games Capcom put on PC in the past 2 decades
Megaman X4
Megaman X5
Megaman X3
Megaman X8
Breath of Fire 4

Just will poke my nose into this to say, that BoF4 is great, only it doesn't run all that well for me, but some steamgafer said they had no problems with it.

Hugstable

Banned
Megaman X4
Megaman X5
Megaman X3
Megaman X8
Breath of Fire 4

X3 also had a PC port

EDIT: whoops it was already in there... I didn't see it at first since it was inbetween 5 and 8 lol. -____-

Also I remember the X8 port being pretty decent for when it came out.

Grief.exe

Megaman X4
Megaman X5
Megaman X3
Megaman X8
Breath of Fire 4

I have the Mega Man X collection on PS2 for emulation, but Capcom should remaster the games for PC/current-gen.

Not that I really trust Capcom to do it faithfully at this point.

Just will poke my nose into this to say, that BoF4 is great, only it does run all that well for me, but some steamgafer said they had no problems with it.

That's interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom