• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
I have the Mega Man X collection on PS2 for emulation, but Capcom should remaster the games for PC/current-gen.

Not that I really trust Capcom to do it faithfully at this point.

That's interesting.

Sadly I don't think Capcpom really cares about Megaman at all at this point which hurts since I'm such a huge fan. I'm just happy that they did release the collections when they did since I too own the X collection on PS2, as well as the Original Games besides 8 on my various consoles and handhelds.

Congrats man, hit us up with some impressions after you get some playtime in.

Sketch... I thought he got blacklisted lol -___-

gimmie keys pls

SO, I accidently bought the region-locked US version of "Killer is dead" on Amazon.com for 10 bucks.

Anybody interested? Maybe gifting me a game for 7,50$ or so? PM me.

Tizoc

I have the Mega Man X collection on PS2 for emulation, but Capcom should remaster the games for PC/current-gen.

Not that I really trust Capcom to do it faithfully at this point.

Their recent PC outings have been quite good, but they might need to clear up some licensing and other stuff first to get the games on PC I guess...

Sadly I don't think Capcpom really cares about Megaman at all at this point which hurts since I'm such a huge fan. I'm just happy that they did release the collections when they did since I too own the X collection on PS2, as well as the Original Games besides 8 on my various consoles and handhelds.

Well, they're release X4 and X5 as PSone classics on the PSN store in September so it seems like they realize that there's some easy mega-monies to be made from the series.

If they do much else after that is anyone's guess.

Ozium

based mik7697

did a google search for mik7697 and found some interesting hits lol
one is a profile for a 'multiplayer game hacking' forum

mik7697

Neo Member
No guys I have no profile in game hacking sites. And I paid an email to be subscribed in here so why should you all permablock me? I didn't do anything.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I thought Valve wasn't very accepting of using VPN's?

I think it's ok to activate stuff through VPNs but not to purchase stuff through them.

I activated South Park through a VPN when that came out earlier in the USA than in the UK and there was no action taken by Valve.

liezryou

No guys I have no profile in game hacking sites. And I paid an email to be subscribed in here so why should you all permablock me? I didn't do anything.

I think it's ok to activate stuff through VPNs but not to purchase stuff through them.

I activated South Park through a VPN when that came out earlier in the USA than in the UK and there was no action taken by Valve.

There's always a risk, but generally speaking valve turns a blind eye to retail key VPN activation.

Ozium

ermm I don't care if you hack I find it funny but there's someone with your exact username and the same avatar you have on steam that is a member of a multiplayer hacking forum so you should make sure no one is stealing your identity

maty

Hexcells 3 out next week!!!one

Includes random puzzle generator

Excellent news!!

BTW Grief, if you're interested here's quick list of some of the notable games Capcom put on PC in the past 2 decades
Megaman X4
Megaman X5
Megaman X3
Megaman X8
Breath of Fire 4

...and that's it off the top of my head atm :p

Reading how Capcom was adding MM X4 and X5 to PSN store makes me wish they brought all MegamanX and Megaman games to PC/new consoles, as a port or a remaster.

Megaman X was the only one I played as kid. So good.

Shadownet

Banned
Really we didn't Permablock him people?

WTH.

I already permaban him from all my giveaways. I'm guessing not enough people did it so he wasn't put on the Community Blacklist.

The fact that he haven't made any other post contributing to NeoGAF and basically lurk around getting free games is pretty despicable to me.

MetalDeer

Guys most of the games i have in my profile is bought on steam so why banning me if i buy from them?

I don't really want to get tangled up in this, but it's pretty obvious they think you're here for keys and only keys (And I can't say I blame them). If you're going to just show up and only ask for keys and enter giveaways, it kinda makes you look like a jerk.

Erekiddo

ModBot said:
Instructions for NeoNess:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NeoNess, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Orcs Must Die 2 Complete Pack -- MB-96948A5397804A97 - Taken by DJSebolski. 1 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-8902138E204E90C0 - Taken by UncleO. 2 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-12D6ED287F09AFEA

t1409238263z1.png

Hugstable

Banned
Guys most of the games i have in my profile is bought on steam so why banning me if i buy from them?

You came into this topic straight up begging for keys, and used that as a way to up your posts to 5 so that you can try and come up on free keys through the raffles since noone "gimmie free Keys". And its the fact of how you went about everything, yeah you bought all your other games, but what was your sole purpose of entering this thread before?

I can do a giveaway right to ensure you all i'm not here for keys. just ask

Nice Thread BTW

StAidan

I'd like to take this opportunity to offload some free bundle junk (sorry guys, "real" bundle junk this time :p). It's open to everyone, except for mik7697.

ModBot said:
Instructions for StAidan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (StAidan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Cogs -- MB-1514B299DF59DD2F
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-07BC0609600146FD
Bastion -- MB-15BA685625FEFEDF - Taken by darkchewie
Eets Munchies -- MB-715B4F531C33FFED - Taken by bkw
Rocketbirds Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-2324E6E7A57F0683
Zen Bound 2 -- MB-BC5F1F32C3BF58A5 - Taken by Evrain
Avadon The Black Fortress -- MB-406192608B58038E - Taken by Purkake4
LIMBO -- MB-85D1FE5E75FAA318

drizzle

Axel Hertz
NBA 2K14 - $6.00 (80% off)

Very good price if you haven't used your $5 coupon. ($1 /w coupon)
Those were given for anyone who bought 2K game from Amazon prior to release of game for preorder.

"Thank you for your purchase of a 2K game from Amazon.com. Your purchase entitles you to a $5 promotional credit towards the pre-order of NBA 2K14. To redeem your credit visit: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D93B5VI/?tag=neogaf0e-20 click "Pre-order PC Download" and your credit will be automatically applied. Credit must be used by 9/24/2014."

I think I have a 5 dollar 2k coupon, but there's no way for me to know, and there's no "add to cart" button to check, it's a "buy and download" button.

God dammit amazon.

Chariot

It's not only about taking and giving. You should become part of the community. Write about games you like, write about games you dislike. So far your only contribution was begging for keys and defending yourself for begging for keys. Add something to the thread, we're a community, not a market.

BruteUA

I'd rather hear some thoughts on the game than get a giveaway, I have a copy of it myself and I'm not sure if I want to redeem or pass it on.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

You don't need to wait for us to ask, you can follow the Modbot tutorial thread to learn how to start a giveaway.

However, I think people are more upset with the fact that you haven't contributed any meaningful discussion to this thread.

Shadownet

Banned

Do a giveaway with either Train Simulator 2013 and 1/4 of it'd DLC's or a copy of SAW.

Give me keys pls.
---
However, I think people are more upset with the fact that you haven't contributed any meaningful discussion to this thread.

The sad thing is that he haven't contribute anything to any GAF community at all. All of his posts are either key begging or defending himself.

madjoki

I think I have a 5 dollar 2k coupon, but there's no way for me to know, and there's no "add to cart" button to check, it's a "buy and download" button.

God dammit amazon.

You still get confirm page that shows final price after coupon (if any) is applied.

Amzin

New big Diablo 3 patch, LoL season end drawing near (must grind some ranks), urge to finally make progress in Witcher/Fallout:NV rising... outlook for social activity is grim

Edit: Oh and my Steam wishlist is bigger than it's ever been and keeps growing because you people won't stop talking about great games. Jerks.

Copons

based mik7697

did a google search for mik7697 and found some interesting hits lol
one is a profile for a 'multiplayer game hacking' forum

Oh lol, I just realized that the guy I reported earlier for griefing in CS:GO was called "mike" (or was it mik?) and four digits including at least a 7 and a 9.
WELL, WELL, WELL.

On a totally unrelated note, after being titillated by the Sega mobile bundle, I decided to finally install the Crazy Taxi I got on Steam don't know how or when.
I don't touch Crazy Taxi since Dreamcast days when it was one of my favourite games ever, so it was supposed to be a nostalgia overrun moment.
Instead:
- no Bad Religion
- no Offspring
- no Pizza Hut, KFC or Tower Records.

I mean WTF?
Even disregarding the totally rad soundtrack, for me, young teen from the periphery of the empire, Pizza Hut, KFC and Tower Records were like something super exotic and cool and MURICA, something I actually looked forward to visit when I'd have grew up, and mostly the first time I've ever heard of them was thanks to Crazy Taxi.
And even today, after having hundreds of fried chickens better than KFC, I still love it and whine to go there any time I'm in a KFC-full country. Same goes for Pizza Hut (I'm like the only Italian liking it :D ). Or Tower Records, great place even though I've only ever been in a Tokyo one and I couldn't read shit on the CD spines. All thanks to Crazy Taxi.
And here I get a game without Pizza Hut, KFC and Tower Records?
Fuck everything, give me back my teenage, I swear next time I'm gonna make out with girls and shit instead of wasting all my money on a Crazy Taxi coin-op even though I own it already on my DC at home.

Sigh. :(

Hugstable

Banned
Ok guys from now on I'll try to be active on the community but pls stop blocking or permabanning me

You do realize you are making yourself look worse with posts like this right? It's very obvious with this post that you won't be active and just want to be unblocked so you can win games for free without actually ever posting anything of content about games in a steam thread. Steam has so many god damn games how can you not think of just talking about games and instead go straight to begging for keys.

ok i'll send a copy of gun monkeys to the one who send me friendship on steam for first (mik7697)

Ok this is some kinda joke/troll for sure now.

Shadownet

Banned
Ok guys from now on I'll try to be active on the community but pls stop blocking or permabanning me

I think when I permaban you. I accidentally wrote milk7697.

I'm just going to go back and redo it just to make sure I did it right. For some people on here. You're kinda at the point of no return already.

Edit: as some people pointed out. We're just permabanning you from entering giveaways. Not GAF.
-----
@Ningen

Who is this infamous someone? I think I know you're talking about..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom