• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
Uuuuuh may I borrow mik's modus operandi for one second?

Is there anyone here buying this bundle that already owns Virtua Tennis 4, as that's the only one I need but I kinda don't care of buying the entire bundle?

Copons. If you can wait till tomorrow. I'll get that bundle and you can have that game :)

I'll most likely give away Sonic Racing too since I already have it. And I only want that Fishing game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
mik7697, you need an avatar, you looks suspicious so naked, I would trust you more if you sported a cute anime avatar :)

Another word of advice mik is that you go and actually play those two games you got from generous GAFfers. When you've put some time into them, come back in here and give us your thoughts on the games. Write at least a couple sentences about them, and stick around afterwards to answer any questions people might have. Believe it or not, for those of us that do giveaways (big or small) all we want to know is that the games will be played and (hopefully) enjoyed.

KingDirk

cmon man I'd expect more from steamgaf. mayo is the anti-condiment.

also, I've yet to beat vendrick in dark souls 2 because I'm a scrub. I get him down to like 15% health and then I choke. The pressure is palpable and then I crack. I'm not buying dlc 2 until I beat this SOB. I've got a personal vendetta now.

Maybe if you'd appreciate the best white condiment you wouldn't be scrubbin' breh.

EDIT: Any impressions on Fract OSC?

Chariot

Take this Maki avatar. It's fine art from my own hand.

fwk5C3M.png

mik7697

Neo Member
Another word of advice mik is that you go and actually play those two games you got from generous GAFfers. When you've put some time into them, come back in here and give us your thoughts on the games. Write at least a couple sentences about them, and stick around afterwards to answer any questions people might have. Believe it or not, for those of us that do giveaways (big or small) all we want to know is that the games will be played and (hopefully) enjoyed.

Yesterday I tried legend of grimrock. For some ways I liked that because of the graphic and the use of razionality...but for some ways like the gameplay and input commands it's a frustrating game ...

Mono

Is there anyone here buying this bundle that already owns Virtua Tennis 4, as that's the only one I need but I kinda don't care of buying the entire bundle?

That seems like an awesome deal! It's so rare for Amazon to have good bundles. :X

Hugstable

Banned
Thanks mate.

Okay I'm officially entering the 52 games challenge.

I already finished some games this year. Like Watch Dogs. But do they count since it was before I enter the challenge?

Yes whatever you've beaten this year counts. I'm pretty sure your games list is gonna be:

1) CSGO
2) CSGO
3)Tomb Raida
4) CSGO
5) Uguuuuuu

:p

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

image.php

nice post, btw ;)

also: permaban Copons :p huehuehue

tioslash

Thanks mate.

Okay I'm officially entering the 52 games challenge.

I already finished some games this year. Like Watch Dogs. But do they count since it was before I enter the challenge?

No problem! :)

I believe it counts, since you started and finished them this year, right?

I have yet to start playing Watch Dogs. Waited so long for that patch that finally made the game playable for me, that now I´m not so interested anymore. lol

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I wonder how many people register on GAF with the sole intention to lurk and grab games from the Steam thread

Deitus

@Ningen

Who is this infamous someone? I think I know you're talking about..

That was probably a reference to javadots. This was a year ago I think (I wasn't posting on SteamGAF at the time), but Modbot was still pretty new and didn't have a lot of the rules and restrictions it does now (Actually, I think he is the reason that the throttle and blacklist were added). Basically, he would enter for EVERY SINGLE giveaway whether he wanted the game or not, and he won a surprising number of them. Then when he won he would brag about how many games he'd won and not in an "I'm so lucky way", more of an "aren't you all jealous of me" way.

When people called him on his behavior he was like "I didn't do anything wrong, there are no rules about entering for every single game even if I don't want them". There was also some speculation that he was trading keys off site, since a number of games he won never ended up in his game list. Then at some point he got banned from GAF. I couldn't follow the exact chain of events that led to that, but considering his behavior it was probably justified.

Edit: Someone who was actually here at the time could probably tell it better.

Evrain

Do a giveaway with either Train Simulator 2013 and 1/4 of it'd DLC's or a copy of SAW.
OT time, what happened to SAW? Got it during the Great Coal Frenzy(TM) thanks to sheer luck and my unhealthy liking of the first movie, but now it seems they removed it from the EU1 storefront?

I checked my post history but that just confused me further.
I'm too tired to avatar quote, I want to sleep.

On the other hand, I found out I have been stripped of rank in CS:GO for not playing it for a month, but got right back to Nova 2 after a match.
Prey giveaways?

Shiiiiiiiiiiet homie, why you bitin' my style?
Already done that in April.
He just kept hammering, does that mean it would never come out?

Copons

mik pay atttention.

this is how you be a true steam pal.

The twist here is that I was actually begging for that game, but kinda stealthing it with a post that could or could not mean I was buying the entire bundle, or something, I lost track of what I was saying. :D

Isn't that GFWLed?

WAIT THEN
I'm gonna check if it screws up single player too. :(

Copons. If you can wait till tomorrow. I'll get that bundle and you can have that game :)

I'll most likely give away Sonic Racing too since I already have it. And I only want that Fishing game.

WAIT THEN (look answer above yours :D )
also of course I can wait, I'm a camper, all I ever do is waiting

Strider

New big Diablo 3 patch, LoL season end drawing near (must grind some ranks), urge to finally make progress in Witcher/Fallout:NV rising... outlook for social activity is grim

Same situation for me.

I am currently addicted to CS:GO. The Last of Us MP just got a patch/DLC. Diablo 3 just got a huge patch. Infamous First Light just released and I'm getting into Civ V.

I actually just installed the enhanced UI mod and figured out how to add resource icons for Civ V... so the addiction is about to hit full swing. RIP social life. RIP.

Edit: Also if any of you have some tips for a beginner when it comes to Civ V send them my way... I'm not any good.

FloatOn

also on the subject of the key begging offense at hand, mik was asking for terraria and deadlight.

terraria has been 2.50 before and I'm not sure about deadlight but the I'm sure it's been cheap. Point is, why key beg for these games that have been so heavily discounted? I could maybe understand if it was a full price game that rarely goes on sale but even then it's still bad behavior.

I never enter for giveaways because A) I have a big enough backlog as it is and B) If I did win something I'm sure I wouldn't get around to playing it right away.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Based NOLURKERS

(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

5 posts is really nothing. Someone can spend 5 minutes shitposting and be eligible for giveaways for two months.

Just take a look at the Who Posted list each month, the same names always show up in the bottom with ~5 posts

Hugstable

Banned
The one time there's someone asking for an avatar advice you fail at suggesting him this picture because you're too busy avatarquoting me?
Oh, come on! :D

But Copons you're just so quotable <3

I don't like how fake you seem.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=126406733&postcount=175

http://www.steamtrades.com/forum/E3fne/

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...read-3708181-4.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

You seem like someone who's desperate to win giveaways and get free stuff without giving anything in return. That's not the point of this thread.

Damn it's just not even here? Dat detective work lol

Yesterday I tried legend of grimrock. For some ways I liked that because of the graphic and the use of razionality...but for some ways like the gameplay and input commands it's a frustrating game ...

I don't like how fake you seem.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=126406733&postcount=175
Guys anyone got deadlight or the incredible adventure of van helsing from humble bundle? I need those pls =)

http://www.steamtrades.com/forum/E3fne/
Can I give you some cs go skins for payday 2?

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...read-3708181-4.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca
Please can I have mirror's edge? Biggrin

You seem like someone who's desperate to win giveaways and get free stuff without giving anything in return. That's not the point of this thread.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
The one time there's someone asking for an avatar advice you fail at suggesting him this picture because you're too busy avatarquoting me?
Oh, come on! :D

why would I be suggesting THIS avatar to someone else? there can be only one Copons ;) hehe

Shadownet

Banned
Is there a way to see the list of community blacklisted people?
Nope, Stump keep it a secret from everyone.

I have yet to start playing Watch Dogs. Waited so long for that patch that finally made the game playable for me, that now I´m not so interested anymore. lol
I played it with only the day 1 patch. It was a struggle. The story is laughably bad. And
fuck the drinking games.

I wonder how many people register on GAF with the sole intention to lurk and grab games from the Steam thread

I don't wanna know. It would make me suspect everyone I see on GAF.

WAIT THEN (look answer above yours :D )
also of course I can wait, I'm a camper, all I ever do is waiting

Hopefully it will be separate codes. If it is. I'll send you the code on Steam chat :D

Thanks for this history lesson. Very well thought out. I'm glad guys like him are gone. I guess thanks to him blacklisted rule was created.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's awful when pc ports are bad. I know this feeling too well. I was burned by tony hawk hd and mortal kombat kollection.

I kind of wish they wouldn't even bother if they are going to fuck it up.

It's like having a delicious sandwich and then putting disgusting mayo on it.
My man! I'd also add "disgusting cheese" to your sentence.

This, and pls don't bully (?)
Why not? Bully is my second favorite Rockstar game :(

More pressingly, how are we to know if it's a perma or not?
That's an urban legend. I lost mine during my first ban, and yet here I am.

I'm a ghost, but don't tell anybody.

Mono

5 posts is really nothing. Someone can spend 5 minutes shitposting and be eligible for giveaways for two months.

Just take a look at the Who Posted list each month, the same names always show up in the bottom with ~5 posts

That's really unfortunate. :X

I guess that's what the banlist is for.

milena87

The 52 games challenge is brutal.

I'm at 9 games this year: The Banner Saga, The Last of Us, South Park SoT, Divinity Original Sin, Dark Soul 2, Wolfenstein TNO, The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead S2 and The Witcher 1 (for the fourth time :p). I might have played something else but I don't remember right now.

I don't think I'm going to enter :p

mik7697

Neo Member
why would I be suggesting THIS avatar to someone else? there can be only one Copons ;) hehe

First of all I already edited my avatar.... and second I'm trying to enter in the community but you continue attacking me haven't you had enough of all this?

Shadownet

Banned

Especially when they dont even bother to send you a thank you message :3 you can really tell who those people are.

All it takes is 7 seconds out of your time.

Munin

So did anyone else notice how Koei just released a Chinese/Japanese only version of Nobunaga's Ambition on Steam and the forums are going nuts with entitled teenagers complaining about the lack of English and bad textures :lol:

Besides that though it's a fairly interesting development...is this possibly the first totally non-English game on Steam?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not sure if it's US only or if it's been posted yet, but Gamestop seems like they're having a pretty good sale on some PC downloads on several platforms:

Link here

Some examples are Tomb Raider for $5, Rocksmith 2014 for $15, Lost Planet 3 for $12.50, and many more. Watch out though, some of this is uPlay, and all(?) of it requires the Gamestop App to get your keys.

Mono

The 52 games challenge is brutal.

I'm at 9 games this year: The Banner Saga, The Last of Us, South Park SoT, Divinity Original Sin, Dark Soul 2, Wolfenstein TNO, The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead S2 and The Witcher 1 (for the fourth time :p). I might have played something else but I don't remember right now.

I don't think I'm going to enter :p

I started figuring out what games I've played this year for that and wow, 52 is a lot!

Are you playing The Witcher 1 with CDP's official overhaul mod? I've only played it once and have never tried that out, but it looks good. TW1 has some outdated controls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom