• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It's awful when pc ports are bad. I know this feeling too well. I was burned by tony hawk hd and mortal kombat kollection.

I kind of wish they wouldn't even bother if they are going to fuck it up.

It's like having a delicious sandwich and then putting disgusting mayo on it.
How were those games shit ports? Tony Hawk just had messed up physics in all versions and I thought MK had shit net code for all versions. As far as actual porting goes they both destroyed the console versions handily.

Strider

I could never complete the 52 game challenge. I play too many multiplayer games or games that you can continue playing well after you complete the main story such as Diablo 3.

I actually spent about 2 months playing nothing but Dota 2 this year. Too much time lost...

--

Also, I need a new avatar as well. Been using this for too long. No idea what to use though.

also on the subject of the key begging offense at hand, mik was asking for terraria and deadlight.

terraria has been 2.50 before and I'm not sure about deadlight but the I'm sure it's been cheap. Point is, why key beg for these games that have been so heavily discounted? I could maybe understand if it was a full price game that rarely goes on sale but even then it's still bad behavior.

I never enter for giveaways because A) I have a big enough backlog as it is and B) If I did win something I'm sure I wouldn't get around to playing it right away.

because free games mang.

So I won Gubpoint from Dio Brando a couple days ago. I have then since realized why I don't play stealth games. I am utter rubbish at them, and this was no exception. The concept and art was great, though. I'll probably try again on labor day.
#Run&gundudebro4life

Mono

Not sure if it's US only or if it's been posted yet, but Gamestop seems like they're having a pretty good sale on some PC downloads on several platforms:

Link here

Some examples are Tomb Raider for $5, Rocksmith 2014 for $15, Lost Planet 3 for $12.50, and many more.

Holy hell, AssCreed 4 for $11.99. That's the lowest it's ever been!

For the games with Steam keys, I wouldn't think it would be US only, but I'm not sure.

Not sure if it's US only or if it's been posted yet, but Gamestop seems like they're having a pretty good sale on some PC downloads on several platforms:

Link here

Some examples are Tomb Raider for $5, Rocksmith 2014 for $15, Lost Planet 3 for $12.50, and many more.

Know it's not technically in the purview of the Steam thread, but is Sim City "fixed" enough to be worth 6 bucks?

At this point, if we don't get

STEAM | September 2014 - nice thread, btw

then I'm not going to post anything in it. And I know you guys don't want that.

milena87

I started figuring out what games I've played this year for that and wow, 52 is a lot!

Are you playing The Witcher 1 with CDP's official overhaul mod? I've only played it once and have never tried that out, but it looks good. TW1 has some outdated controls!

No, but the first time that I played The Witcher 1 was at release, so playing even the vanilla Enhanced Edition feels like a dream :p

Hugstable

Banned
At this point, if we don't get

STEAM | September 2014 - nice thread, btw

then I'm not going to post anything in it. And I know you guys don't want that.

Haha it'll be a fun rememberance of these last 2 days. This was quite a funny chapter in Steamgaf Modbot drama

6xYRZET.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Holy hell, AssCreed 4 for $11.99. That's the lowest it's ever been!

For the games with Steam keys, I wouldn't think it would be US only, but I'm not sure.

I'm not sure either, hopefully someone else that's somewhere else can confirm. :) Also I'd buy AssCreed 4 in a heartbeat for that price if it was on Steam.

Know it's not technically in the purview of the Steam thread, but is Sim City "fixed" enough to be worth 6 bucks?

Kinda wondering this too. I'm torn though because I love SimCity and loathe Origin, so most people thus far have told me to never play the newest SimCity.

So did anyone else notice how Koei just released a Chinese/Japanese only version of Nobunaga's Ambition on Steam and the forums are going nuts with entitled teenagers complaining about the lack of English and bad textures :lol:

Besides that though it's a fairly interesting development...is this possibly the first totally non-English game on Steam?
KOEI had a history of making PC ports of their games, but mostly to make money off people in Taiwan/Hong Kong/China, only available as retail copies there. It's not until recently did KOEI decide to put the games on Steam, but still couldn't be arsed to translate the games.

dream

I bought Watch Dogs solely because I needed something to do with my PS4, and I was startled by how much I hated it. And I say this as someone who has never played an Assassin's Creed that I didn't adore, so my standards are pretty low to begin with.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
OT time, what happened to SAW? Got it during the Great Coal Frenzy(TM) thanks to sheer luck and my unhealthy liking of the first movie, but now it seems they removed it from the EU1 storefront?

Shortly after the game was brought back the Halloween Sale began. Part way through the sale, Konami removed the US sub and reconfigured the UK sub for use on the US store:

Changed PurchaseRestrictedCountries – DE NZ PL HU RO BG AM AZ BY BA HR SI SK GE KZ KG MD RU TJ TM UZ UA LV LT EE ME MK RS CZ US CA MX BS PA BZ CR SV GT HN NI VE CO GY SR GF BR PE BO PY UY AR CL EC › BS PA BZ CR SV GT HN NI VE CO GY SR GF BR PE BO PY UY AR CL EC US CA MX PR
Changed AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries – 0 › 1

As you've noticed, this action was never undone and so PAL Land has been without the game for almost a year. I initially suspected the US sub ran out of keys, however having done a bit of digging it seems the Steam version of the game doesn't use any third-party DRM measures, so I've no idea why Konami mucked around with the subs. It's also still a mystery as to why Konami licensed the Saw IP again -- the obvious possibility is that Lionsgate contracted Konami to make another game to coincide with the release of Saw VIII, rumoured to be scheduled for release next year. A PC port of Saw 2 exists internally, but its listing is as dead as ever.

How come I suddenly have Ultra Street Fighter 4 in my library instead of Arcade Edition without purchasing it? The game itself is still AE ingame but shows as purchased at the store page.
Is it because of that beta going on right now?

Kiru

Got all Achievements in Heavy Fire Afghanistan today. Yeah that's right, I played through the whole boring rail shooter mess in veteran mode, just to get the perfect game. I even ended up to be No. 6 in the worldwide highscores, lol...

So I won Gubpoint from Dio Brando a couple days ago. I have then since realized why I don't play stealth games. I am utter rubbish at them, and this was no exception. The concept and art was great, though. I'll probably try again on labor day.
#Run&gundudebro4life
I understand how you feel, although not exactly with stealth games. Glad that you enjoyed it, in a way :p When you finish it, post your impression. Love reading GAF's impression on games.

Deitus

5 posts is really nothing. Someone can spend 5 minutes shitposting and be eligible for giveaways for two months.

Just take a look at the Who Posted list each month, the same names always show up in the bottom with ~5 posts

I just checked the Who Posted for the previous thread and saw nbnt and Zeliard sitting at 5 posts. Bunch of moochers. :p

Thanks for this history lesson. Very well thought out. I'm glad guys like him are gone. I guess thanks to him blacklisted rule was created.

Glad to help. A lot of people were making reference to those events a few months back, so I did some "research" and dug through his post history. It was really interesting, but hard to follow since it happened during a sale thread so there were just so many posts to sift through. And yeah, it's a good thing measure have been taken to prevent that from happening again.

Also, I need a new avatar as well. Been using this for too long. No idea what to use though.

fwk5C3M.png

Hugstable

Banned
How come I suddenly have Ultra Street Fighter 4 in my library instead of Arcade Edition without purchasing it? The game itself is still AE ingame but shows as purchased at the store page.

USFIV is a DLC so they upgraded everyone who owns Arcade Edition to having the Ultra name and the ability to get the cards, but you still won't have the USFIV stuff unlocked until you buy the game.

They changed the name of the game to Ultra now, even if you don't own the expansion. Because Capcom.

You spelled Capcpom wrong

Mono

They changed the name of the game to Ultra now, even if you don't own the expansion. Because Capcom CAPCPCOM®
:p

tioslash

I played it with only the day 1 patch. It was a struggle. The story is laughably bad. And
fuck the drinking games.

Haha, apparently they re-balanced the drinking games in the latest patch, or at least it says so. And regarding the story, that´s one thing I always put on top of my list pretty much every single player game I play. I really love games with great story.

I´m currently playing The Witcher 2. Ironically I did try it before but never got past the very beginning, even though I read great things about it´s story.

cmon man I'd expect more from steamgaf. mayo is the anti-condiment.

also, I've yet to beat vendrick in dark souls 2 because I'm a scrub. I get him down to like 15% health and then I choke. The pressure is palpable and then I crack. I'm not buying dlc 2 until I beat this SOB. I've got a personal vendetta now.

Did you solo the optional trio in DLC 1? I'm getting worked by them. I can dodge for a good while, but I'm just not doing enough damage to them to keep it up. I brought some NPCs on another try, but their use pretty much ends at temporary aggro magnet. I'm not sure if I know where to summon sunbros, because I'm pretty sure you can't once you go into the cave.

One thing about Vendrick is that he has no easy workaround. Some people said Soul Appease did good damage, but it's just not true, especially considering the slight delay after casting that can get you killed. Getting in close, circling him, taking only the safest hits you can get off, keeping a reservoir of stamina for at least two long rolls was the only way I managed.

MetalDeer

Darkness 2 is great, if you haven't played the first one you'll miss a few references and stuff, but you can enjoy it nontheless.

Would be ideal but the story is generally covered at the beginning of the second game.

Alright, thanks. If I really enjoy it, I'll consider trying to find a copy of the first game. Speaking of shooters.. I need to finish F.E.A.R. one of these days. The backlog struggle is real.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think I have a 5 dollar 2k coupon, but there's no way for me to know, and there's no "add to cart" button to check, it's a "buy and download" button.

God dammit amazon.

"Buy and Download" isn't a one-click operation. You're taken to a confirmation screen; if you have any applicable credit, it'll be applied to the order.

USFIV is a DLC so they upgraded everyone who owns Arcade Edition to having the Ultra name and the ability to get the cards, but you still won't have the USFIV stuff unlocked until you buy the game.

You spelled Capcpom wrong

They changed the name of the game to Ultra now, even if you don't own the expansion. Because Capcom CAPCPCOM®
:p

Ahh ok.
Now I want Capcpom to give me the DLC for free because they gave me false hope for a couple of seconds! :D

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
apparently GTA V will be available on November 1st ... or so I've heard

also:

Steam Client Beta Update - August 28
We are testing a final candidate for the next general Steam Client release. Changes since the previous beta:

General
  • Fix password entry fields being too short for some valid passwords in the Password Reset and Change Email UI wizards

Mac OS X
  • Prevent OS X Mavericks and Yosemite from putting Steam into "App Nap" mode, thereby disconnecting users from the Steam service, when there are no Steam windows currently on screen.

FloatOn

Did you solo the optional trio in DLC 1? I'm getting worked by them. I can dodge for a good while, but I'm just not doing enough damage to them to keep it up. I brought some NPCs on another try, but their use pretty much ends at temporary aggro magnet. I'm not sure if I know where to summon sunbros, because I'm pretty sure you can't once you go into the cave.

One thing about Vendrick is that he has no easy workaround. Some people said Soul Appease did good damage, but it's just not true, especially considering the slight delay after casting that can get you killed. Getting in close, circling him, taking only the safest hits you can get off, keeping a reservoir of stamina for at least two long rolls was the only way I managed.

It took many tries but I solo'd the trio. Basically you just have to make sure to kill the grave robber 1st, havel wannabe 2nd and the archer last. Be sure to use the upper and lower levels to give yourself some breathing room and always be aware of where the archer is or else you will get sniped from across the map.

How were those games shit ports? Tony Hawk just had messed up physics in all versions and I thought MK had shit net code for all versions. As far as actual porting goes they both destroyed the console versions handily.

This may be so in terms of console vs pc technicalities but I guess I'm talking more about the quality of the games themselves. Tony Hawk HD may have just been called a different thing because of all the removed content from the first game. And MK kollection had shitty GFWL and poor resolution options.

vg260

It's there any Lethal League buzz?

Looks interesting, but I fear the community will vanish pretty quickly like Divekick did (correct me if wrong).

Indie Royale Mixer 8 bundle is coming today, according to IR's FB.

Edit: It's live.

Doctor Who: The Adventure Games for: Win - Steam only
Galactic Arms Race for: Win- Steam only
Oil Rush for: Win, Mac, Linux - Steam, Desura. DRM key
QuestRun for: Win, Mac - Steam Win, Mac, Linux - Desura, DRM free
Pressured for: Win - Steam, Desura, DRM free
Infinity Wars for: Win, Mac - client and redeem key for additional items
Hexcells Plus for: Win, Mac, Linux - Desura, DRM free
Gravity Badgers for: Win, Mac, Linux - Steam, Desura, DRM free
LEVEL 22, Gary's Misadventures for: Win, Mac, Linux- Stream, Desura, DRM free
? (Probably a Desura game)

$2.99 current minimum (will go up)

http://www.indieroyale.com/

Arthea

I think we just discovered that Stallion is Derrick's alt. That's weird, why would his alt like more games than his main?
he was totally kidding, people (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom