• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Why is Deadlight now apparently hated on GAF? I thought I read some positive impressions when it was released.
I liked it back then and I still like it now. I still think it's a nicely executed, measured grid-based platformer with good atmosphere.

For those getting KoF 13 off of HumbleBundle, here are some easy-ish combos to show off at your friends

Corner only:
Jumping C-->Cr. C-->DF+B-->HD activate-->Cr. C-->DF+B-->DP+DxxDP+B-->DP+BxxQCB+D
Wait for them to fall
DP+DxxDP+B-->DP+BxxQCB+D
Wait for them to fall
DP+DxxQCB+D-->QCB+D-->Lvl. 1/2 super
knowsomewords.gif

Tizoc pls

Tizoc

Thank you! Is KoF easy to get into? The first 2D fighter I ever actually tried to learn beyond casual matches was Skullgirls, so I'm a bit behind.

In a way yes, keep in mind there is nothing wrong in spending 2-3 hours to get a hang of the controls, that's what I did with Garou Mark of the Wolves. The canceling of normals into special moves or supers is easier than in SF4 IMO.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yea it's pretty crazy.

The previous thread lasted three weeks (more or less -- I'm rounding up by a day). Weekly threads were almost a reality in July, but the pace slowed down a lot following alpaca-gate.

Uzzy

Are you actually using her?
I tried to mess with her and wasn't like her flow at all.

I went through the arcade mode with her, and either I win with a perfect/near perfect or get absolutely destroyed. She's very weird. I'm going to stick to Cammy and Juri, try and get moderately decent with them before really moving on I think.

Also of note, Shan Gui's cards finally came out. Three waifu cards and two backgrounds, so hopefully I'll be in the money now.

Mono

New thread, but this month is much better, we should be able to finish the month in this thread.

That post-sale hype-rush lasted a long time!

In a way yes, keep in mind there is nothing wrong in spending 2-3 hours to get a hang of the controls, that's what I did with Garou Mark of the Wolves. The canceling of normals into special moves or supers is easier than in SF4 IMO.

Awesome! I'm tempted to get the whole bundle just for this; still on the fence about CKII.

KingDirk

Gang Beasts looks mighty fine, mighty fine indeed. Those animations are just adorable.

Also, I get married in three days! So many people are in my house right now, yelling and speaking Spanish. It is a delight.

Mono

Gang Beasts looks mighty fine, mighty fine indeed. Those animations are just adorable.

Also, I get married in three days! So many people are in my house right now, yelling and speaking Spanish. It is a delight.

Congratulations!!

Jawmuncher

Have fun I know that feeling all to well whenever I visit family.

Jawmuncher

Do you at least speak the language? I do not, sadly. There's a great-aunt in who doesn't speak English and I was left alone with her last night...it was an experience, to be sure.

Not a lick of it even though i'm hispanic so it's even worse.

Turfster

The colonists in MAIA can now compose procedural haikus based on their decaying levels of sanity.

What other game can you say that about?

Congratulations! Be sure to enjoy your freedom for the few days you have. :p

Hugstable

Banned
Hey atleast it isn't as bad as last month where we technically could've had 4 Steam OT's lol. Buy KOFXIII Humble Bundle and Crusader Kings II so we can have more games for GAF Game night!

Jawmuncher

New thread is another reminder that we're inching closer and closer to September and Dead Rising 3.

I feel like the wait has been forever at this point even though it's only been a couple months.

Dead Rising 3 was a lot of fun. Just beat it recently on Xbox One.
It's easily my second favorite DR title after the 1st. It adds a lot to the formula while still keeping a lot of what fans loved in the first place. If you were someone who liked the time mechanic I still say Normal is worth a playthrough first and then Nightmare.

KingDirk

Not a lick of it even though i'm hispanic so it's even worse.

Yeah, at the very least nobody expects me to speak it.

My fiancee saw me doing some of the trading/crafting stuff last night and about the only thing she took away from it was 'people pay the most for anime lady cards.' She also asked me what a waifu was. She felt reassured when I let her know I did not have one.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
we fgc now?
Why is FGC weekly anyway? I thought community threads are usually monthly or until 200+ pages. I think that's the only weekly thread I've seen thus far.

Nah, we're actually slowing down. In July we had 3 threads (and the last one ran way over 20,000 posts). This time we made it 18 days.
Ah that's true. Maybe I spoke too soon. I was just thinking multiple threads per month might be the new norm from all the people sticking around from the summer sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom