• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

2014 is truly the year that the RPG is/has ruled supreme. I'm swimming in them at the moment and there's still some corkers to come this year and early 2015.

Dead Rising 3 was a lot of fun. Just beat it recently on Xbox One.
It's easily my second favorite DR title after the 1st. It adds a lot to the formula while still keeping a lot of what fans loved in the first place. If you were someone who liked the time mechanic I still say Normal is worth a playthrough first and then Nightmare.

Actually how much did the Smart Glass integration matter to the gameplay? The stuff I remember seeing at the E3 demo looked like it was hooked in pretty tight. Wondering if that will be dropped for the PC release or there will be some sort of work around.

My fiancee saw me doing some of the trading/crafting stuff last night and about the only thing she took away from it was 'people pay the most for anime lady cards.' She also asked me what a waifu was. She felt reassured when I let her know I did not have one.

She thinks you're lying!

Anyone else having some weirdness with their Steam Community game count? I was at 340 last week, activated the Ultra SF4 upgrade which brought me down to 339 (?) then redeemed Van Helsing for the DLC in the Humble Bundle just now which brought me down to 337, then I activated KOF13 which brought me up to 338. What?

Jawmuncher

Actually how much did the Smart Glass integration matter to the gameplay? The stuff I remember seeing at the E3 demo looked like it was hooked in pretty tight. Wondering if that will be dropped for the PC release or there will be some sort of work around.

All Smart Glass did was give you acess to these locked areas with good items.
Never even bothered with the air strikes since they are more of a hassle to use than anything. Game has more than enough content without having to mess with the smartglass stuff.

62BYnvl.png
[/IMG]

Out of nowhere gifts are the best

Chariot

Crusader Kings 2 has a Game of Thrones mod I think?
No. Crusader Kings HAS Game of Thrones. Instead of a mod it feels like a whole new game. You should get it. It's fantastic.

But never play as Frey. Micromanaging all the shitty brats is another game for itself.
I kept wanting to go back and pick it up but the UI is so confusing :(
Watch these tutorials and play around in vanilla a bit. Takes some time, but you will eventually understand and love the game.

Pupo

Anyone else having some weirdness with their Steam Community game count? I was at 340 last week, activated the Ultra SF4 upgrade which brought me down to 339 (?) then redeemed Van Helsing for the DLC in the Humble Bundle just now which brought me down to 337, then I activated KOF13 which brought me up to 338. What?

Free weekend games?

Evrain

Sheesh, one can't post a giveaway that we move to the next thread... wait, did I also witness a Milamber post devoid of gifs? *raises eyebrow*
ModBot said:
Instructions for Evrain:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Evrain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadlight -- MB-1765524F7FB4BC54 - Taken by Sharkiller. 9 entrants total.

t1408477352z1.png
Jokes aside, I think the game is quite worth both its standard price and the time to play throug

No. Crusader Kings HAS Game of Thrones. Instead of a mod it feels like a whole new game. You should get it. It's fantastic.

But never play as Frey. Micromanaging all the shitty brats is another game for itself.Watch these tutorials and play around in vanilla a bit. Takes some time, but you will eventually understand and love the game.
Thanks!

I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Kill Fun Yeah -- MB-6FF2049B0A69433A - Taken by Haunted. 4 entrants total.
X-COM: Apocalypse -- MB-7E83E343E71810D2 - Taken by KainXVIII. 1 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-018E428A025CA396
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-A34B19BD6E34DC6E - Taken by Flips360. 5 entrants total.
Project Root -- MB-A9660F7B67539E18 - Taken by Diedac. 3 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-F9ED5E4326FBC53A - Taken by FauX. 7 entrants total.
Space Farmers -- MB-655016DF0477EF54 - Taken by Benedict. 2 entrants total.
X-COM: Enforcer -- MB-E49BC2A1B541BE5A - Taken by user237. 5 entrants total.
X-COM: Terror from the Deep -- MB-70F29F4E82BD83F4 - Taken by ScreamingTrees. 3 entrants total.
X-COM: UFO Defense -- MB-0C503493CD434C61 - Taken by Evrain. 2 entrants total.
X-COM: Interceptor -- MB-6340D3D3458B33D4 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 1 entrants total.

t1408487912z1.png

Didn't notice the other thread was closing >_>

Mono

But never play as Frey. Micromanaging all the shitty brats is another game for itself.Watch these tutorials and play around in vanilla a bit. Takes some time, but you will eventually understand and love the game.

Does it go into book spoilers?

Chariot

Does it go into book spoilers?
When you start a new game you'll given a choice at what year to start and every year is tagged with the associated book it would spoil.
So just choose the A Game of Thrones scenario and you should be fine. Ingame events and such happen random.

Yeah, at the very least nobody expects me to speak it.

My fiancee saw me doing some of the trading/crafting stuff last night and about the only thing she took away from it was 'people pay the most for anime lady cards.' She also asked me what a waifu was. She felt reassured when I let her know I did not have one.

Haha, I noticed this too. I think that's because you can use them to unlock anime girl backgrounds for your Steam page, but that's just a guess.

You can now hide games from your library and categorize more than one game at a time. Thank Gaben!
I don't really have much use for hiding games because I only view what I have installed, but the funny thing is that they recently included anything you have under tools installed in view now as well. So I have this awkward categorization of games and tools in my installed view, but the tools I have installed are the Source SDK Bases for mod dependencies, they're just annoying and in the way but I can't hide those because they don't count as games.

Jokes aside, I think the game is quite worth both its standard price and the time to play throug

I had one major issue at the end, when the platforming becomes a time-trial with little room for error. The game feels clunky but you get used to it and it becomes part of the puzzle. If not for that one part, I'd have thought it was intentional.

Also, I wish the cutscenes were done with in-game models. The comic book feel was cool and all, but completely incongruous with the moody visuals the rest of the game carried.

Worth giving a go, though.

Jawmuncher

Murder Miners isn't bad at all.
It really is like Halo Lite mixed with minecraft world destruction.

I think I was playing with kids or REALLY serious fans.
It is MP only though for anyone who doesn't know.

Terra_Ex

Grabbed the groupees bundle for Consortium (kinda glad Steam screwed me over by not featuring it the last big sale) and Betrayer. Procrastinated over the new humble bundle for a while since I only need the Van Helsing dlcs and King of Fighters and ultimately gave in and bought it, steam sales and bundles have really altered my perception of the value of games, it's crazy, it costs me more to park my car than it does for some of these games... GalCiv2 and Crusader Kings 2 alone make the humble more than worth it for anyone without them in their library.

And it's a new thread, yay. Looking forward to playing Wasteland 2 when the full thing rolls out and keeping the year of the rpg rolling, hopefully we'll see another one on the horizon soon.

Elija2

So I heard about the few F2P games with trading cards but when I add them to my library and start up Idle Master it doesn't idle any of them (it doesn't even detect them). Do I really have to download the games just to idle for cards?

ModBot said:
Instructions for SixStringPsycho:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SixStringPsycho, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Crusaders Kings 2 -- MB-1AA23473211D45AE - Taken by Natty1. 4 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations 2: Ultimade Edition -- MB-EB0D04FF6AE3A6D6 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-7238250E4776F65C - Taken by Scipius. 5 entrants total.

t1408478492z1.png
Good Luck Guys!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I heard about the few F2P games with trading cards but when I add them to my library and start up Idle Master it doesn't idle any of them (it doesn't even detect them). Do I really have to download the games just to idle for cards?

They fixed it so that cards don't drop for these games any more. You can double check by looking on your Badges page on Steam, which will tell you how many card drops you have left for any particular game.

AsylumX

You can't idle F2P games unless you buy something in-game. I think the ratio is 9 dollars for 1 card... More or less...

f2p games require purchases to get cards. there was a glitch for a while where you could get the cards without making a purchase but that's been sorted out.

AITD

ooooh .. would you look at that :) my money's on a mobile f2p game ;)

it's been rebooted twice to mixed and terrible results. third time has to be the charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom