• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me at least it's way worse than SFxT was on the 360. The lag spikes don't seem like ordinary "general" bad netcode issues. It's like something else crappy is going on. My connections go from pretty solid (same as SSFIV on 360) to having 5-6 times a match where it all chugs to a halt. Very annoying right now, and not really playable.
The problem seems to be the game constantly pinging players even once you're in-game, causing those sudden spikes and freezes. This isn't the case in private endless lobbies so it ends up playing perfectly smooth.

Aaron D.

Nice new bundle. Great price for CK2. I've got the itch to start a new campaign now.

Same.

All this Game of Thrones talk has me thinking of installing that mod (though I know absolutely nothing about the IP).

Did that CK2 Elder Scrolls mod that was in the works ever get released?

Really? What's with the sudden price drop?

I don't know. I usually don't deal with this crap, but I have spare steam wallet funds from all that idling that I'd rather spend over "real" money.

backpack.tf says it is $1.81

people are panicking since valve pulled DOTA2 keys. There's a fear that the tf2 key market might go bust soon.

Seriously doubt it. Valve now sells dota 2 chests and they don't drop, they would have to remove them from TF2 drop system to that to happen.

Mono

Terraria

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mono, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Terraria -- MB-860041F9612A2C67 - Taken by L.O.R.D. 5 entrants total.

t1408480051z1.png

Dat new thread smell.

Also played some epic matches of chivalry last night, in particular the Black Knight mod. Absolutely hilarious stuff. May host that as a game night sometime soon.

The problem seems to be the game constantly pinging players even once you're in-game, causing those sudden spikes and freezes. This isn't the case in private endless lobbies so it ends up playing perfectly smooth.
This is about it, yeah. I've heard that some people still get crummy connections in private lobbies, unfortunately.

I love the thread title. :D

Tellaerin

I just checked the post numbers a bit and found out that the large posters post less while total posts stay around the same number. I drew the conclusion that there is a huge influx of new members to the famous StearnGAF.

This is why I want to redirect this crowd towards Origin, where everything is oranger.

That's what you need to call the next Origin thread, assuming the current one ever gets enough posts to spawn a sequel: 100% Originjuice. :p

Elija2

I just checked the post numbers a bit and found out that the large posters post less while total posts stay around the same number. I drew the conclusion that there is a huge influx of new members to the famous StearnGAF.

This is why I want to redirect this crowd towards Origin, where everything is oranger.

OriginGAF only got one thread in 2 years but SteamGAF got two threads in one month.

SteamGAF is PC Gaming Master Race Master Race.

Seriously doubt it. Valve now sells dota 2 chests and they don't drop, they would have to remove them from TF2 drop system to that to happen.

I doubt they'll remove tf2 keys, too, but only because they'll just find some other item to make a new currency out of. Region locking is more effective as a tool anyhow.

Enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ingueferroque:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ingueferroque, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Terraria -- MB-C4FF3C273DD95BD1 - Taken by Visualante2. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Crusader Kings 2 -- MB-A7506BE2C4CF25A9 - Taken by iosefe. 9 entrants total.

t1408489832z1.png

Also it might be useful to remind you of the somewhat alive Steam Friend List:
Here is the form.
And here is the list itself.

Hugstable

Banned
OriginGAF only got one thread in 2 years but SteamGAF got two threads in one month.

SteamGAF is PC Gaming Master Race Master Race.

SHIIIIIET we pulled off 3 threads last month (actually was supposed to be 4 lol). I actually liked the slower pace this month even though it was actually still moving pretty fast.

Got an extra copy that I didn't need.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cozmogramma, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Secret Ponchos -- MB-602DFEBE47F6BF86 - Taken by Tizoc. 56 entrants total.

t1408490251z1.png

Have Fun :)
And loving to see so much people excited for MGS5/MGS in general. By far my favorite series <3
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dio Brando, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Crusader Kings II -- MB-C6B6709B48768F66 - Taken by Evrain. 5 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-A966C655C2F36015 - Taken by Ryne. 5 entrants total.

t1408480471z1.png

madjoki

Oh, I noticed they removed the drops from No More Room in Hell but I didn't know they did the same for the others. Better cancel my sales for Defiance cards and wait a few weeks before trying to sell them again, then.

Wouldn't expect much of raise there.
No More Room in Hell is special case, as there isn't any way to get cards.

Best bet would be during winter sale, assuming there is card event like summer sale creating demand.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of KingDirk, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KingDirk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

Zeno Clash 2 -- MB-F4B9E714F00037B0 - Taken by Gurthang. 3 entrants total.

t1408483535z1.png

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Lovely thread title :3

Also last thread slowed more than I anticipated, but still wasn't enough to catch up :(

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I was about to buy the HB but I checked and my brother has the Van Helsing game, Terraria and KOF13 while I have Deadlight and Terraria. Based family sharing.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Gipsy Danger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gipsy Danger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-B2DD64AE208EBD82 - Taken by NamikazeBurst. 3 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-FFF644EE959E2EF4 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Crusader Kings 2 -- MB-87D0A694C545D39F - Taken by someguyinahat. 6 entrants total.

t1408490911z1.png

First time using ModBot, hoping all goes to plan!

MRORANGE

is now updated.

iOqL2H6ck2rvC.jpg

What is this thread about?
A reference list of all relevant PC threads and communities that are active on GAF.

How do I contribute?
You can submit or update a PC thread by posting it here (avoid gaming OT's, mod threads for a particular game are okay).

--------------- LIST OF THREADS ---------------

PC Hardware & Overclocking
I Need a New PC! 2014 Part 2
2014-2015 Gaming Laptop Thread
Race Your PC Thread2 of Voiding Warranties
Lez talk mechanical keyboards
120/144Hz Thread of Lightboosting
PC Drivers for Xbox One controller
How to use your PS4 controller as a PC controller
Using Sixaxis on your PC
Official Headphone Thread
TechSupportGAF Thread of No Case Too Big, No Case Too Small
Alienware X51 Thread
21:9 Gaming Thread | That cinematic feel
Mayflash Wii U Pro Controller Adapter review
Wii U Pro Pad is now Windows & Mac compatible

Mods and Enhancements
GeDoSaTo - Downsampling from Infinity and Beyond!
Dark Souls internal rendering resolution fix (DSfix)
Downsampling, a simple method for making your pc-games look better.
Downsampling for AMD Cards
iCEnhancer 3.0 for GTA4
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mod Discussion and News
Crysis mods/tweaks to make the game look maximum eyecandy
Fallout 3 and New Vegas Mod Discussion
TESIV: Oblivion Mod Guide
FXAA to all DX9 games
The Silent Hill 2, 3 & 4 PC thread - A guide to a better HD Collection
Source Mod Megathread
DOOM Franchise Community Thread
Deadly Premonition PC Fix
Vampire: The Masquerade Mods
Running PC games at 30Hz
Watch Dogs original graphical effects
Triple buffering: "Why we love it"
The Witcher 2: Extreme Quality Flora Mod
Crysis 2 - PC modding and tweaking
Deus Ex New Vision Graphical Overhaul

Software & Tools
Let's Talk About Recording / Streaming Software
Pro Tips for PC Gaming (like a Pro)
Most useful PC applications
Mumble - Making Ventrilo and TeamSpeak Obsolete
Open Broadcaster Software: Stream Games Live on PC
LIMELIGHT | Stream PC games

Emulation
Dolphin - Emulating Wii and Gamecube Games
PS2 Emulation with PCSX2 - share your game configs!
PPSSPP Emulation and Discussion Thread
RETROARCH - The all-in-one emulator
Nintendo DS Games in HD
RPCS3 Is A New PS3 Emulator, Still In Early Stage, Boots Commercial Game
Supermodel (Sega Model 3 Arcade Emulator)

Gaming Communities & Recommendations
Indie Games 2014
Introduction to MOBAs
PC Racing Sims
Point n Click Adventure GAF 2014
Life of MMo gamers
Recommended GOG Games
"I'm new to PC games, what should I get..."

Screenshots and User Content
2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread
The NeoGAF Screenshotter's Compendium Thread
2013 PC Bullshot thread
2014 Game GIF Thread
Show off that gaming PC
2014 Screenshot Art Thread of Artificial Concept Art
PC Low Settings Screenshot Thread

Steam
Steam Thread
Steam Trading | Games/Cards/Keys/Money/Items
GAF Steam ID List
Steam Greenlight
Custom Steam icons for Grid View
Idle Master Thread - Get your Steam Trading Cards the Easy Way
Neogaf Games Night |OT| We actually play games
Enhanced Steam Discussion Thread - Ideas, Suggestions, and Feedback
SteamOS
Steam Family Sharing Thread
GAF Steamgifts Group Invite Thread
Steam In-home Streaming Beta
Steam Universe (beta) videos, impressions

Other Digital Download Services
GOG Thread
Green Man Gaming Thread
Origin Thread
Ubisoft Uplay Thread
GFWL Thread

Development Scene
Oculus Rift - Dev Kit Discussion
Oculus Rift Development Kit 2
Indie Game Development Discussion Thread
GAF Learns - Unity [Game Engine]
Unreal Engine 4 Thread
Unreal Tournament 4 Pre-Alpha builds -> You can play and test it for free.
Resident Evil 4 HD Project - Progress Thread
Fan made Shenmue HD project

Misc*
Giving Away Steam Keys with ModBot
Official DD (Steam/D2D/etc) gifting thread of equal global distribution
Kickstarter Thread - 2014
Indie Bundle Thread
The Comprehensive PC Games Sales Figures Thread.
Playfire Rewards Discussion
Frame Latency - Why you should stop talking about FPS
Nvidia Shield Thread
NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet
Old computer games you're pretty sure no one but you ever played
RPG Maker Game Competition
10 years later - Resident Evil Outbreak 1 & 2 are back online!

That makes sense from the performance that I've seen. It's not choppy all the time, just in fits and starts. Hopefully that would mean hope for a fix coming, as the netcode seems solid enough when those chugging moments are not happening.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Humble Groupees:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Whispering Willows -- MB-E346492122AC4410 - Taken by Sendou
t1cxE6r.gif
Crusader Kings -- MB-27252A9C9F854BDD - Taken by Blak_Status
Terraria -- MB-8C0B29DC7FBA46C5 - Taken by pahamrick
Deadlight -- MB-5AF03107E0E54BD0 - Taken by Eanan

Uzzy

I've talked about it enough, so why not. It's the game of the year edition, so it features all the episodes.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Uzzy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- MB-AF50D4BE43282D0E - Taken by Newblade. 22 entrants total.
A dark point and click adventure game, Cognition sees FBI Agent Erica Reed trying to stop a serial killer, leaving clues that only Erica, with her unique post-cognitive abilities, can decipher. It's a damn good detective story, written by Jane Jensen, and features some solid voice acting, especially from Raleigh Holmes, who plays the lead role.

t1408491151z1.png

Damaniel

Banned
Just bought the latest Humble Bundle - only needed KoF and the DLC for Crusader Kings II, so everything else is up for grabs!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Damaniel, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-95A1788E3122BF9E - Taken by Zeeman
t1cxE6r.gif
Crusader Kings II -- MB-BAC7896BD4F3A947 - Taken by Ezalc
Terraria -- MB-53CFB83A002FCE83 - Taken by Visualante2
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Complete Pack -- MB-AE9DC3A643B43831 - Taken by HalfwayOrb
Deadlight -- MB-3D6E93C8DFB2ED90 - Taken by nightstorm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom