• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl2177

Thanks for the advice. I'll hold off on Mirror's Edge until it is 75% off. Hopefully it isn't on Saturday when I'm on a plane all day.

Does anyone know if Mass Effect will get down to 75% as well?

What are the chances that Anno 2070 will be around 10 or so bucks during this sale? I really want the game, but I feel that roughly 20 bucks is still a little too steep for me.

Tizoc

I can vouch for Lost Horizon. It's very loosely based on the story of the same name. Atmospheric, exotic. Sort of an Indiana Jones adventurer vibe. Great visual design and use of colour. Didn't seem to frustrating. I liked the characters. Localization was solid and it didn't feel like a gibberish Eastern Europe PnC. I only played about half of it so I don't have much to add about pacing or how the story concludes or anything, but definitely worth the $5. You might want to wait to see if it becomes a daily deal (it's been a daily deal many times before) or 75% off.

Thanks, added it to my cart =)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Why is Tappet carrying a turkey corpse up with him?

It's clearly not a corpse, look at the wonderfully articulated turkey eyebrow in the picture. (Zoom in if you can't see it). I think Occam's Razor applies here, the most simple explanation is the best. The turkey ALSO wants to go space-diving, but since it lacks arms, it can't climb the ladder on its owns. Tappet thus injected it with helium, tied on a leash, and climbed the ladder himself. Best of both worlds, turkey has a good time.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Does it make more sense to pick up The Walking Dead for $12.50 from Amazon instead of Steam since 1) it activates on Steam anyway, and 2) you receive $5 credit that can be applied to any "Editor's Choice" PC download? (Hopefully that includes certain games like Dark Souls and Max Payne 3).

I'm not missing anything, here, right?

DagsJT

Whats the gameplay like in walking dead? I haven't played any telltale games but is it point and click?

Hmm, kind of. You can move the character around but there's hotspots where important items are that you can interact with. It's more about the story, and the choices you make to various situations and how it changes the story each time.

Does it make more sense to pick up The Walking Dead for $12.50 from Amazon instead of Steam since 1) it activates on Steam anyway, and 2) you receive $5 credit that can be applied to any "Editor's Choice" PC download? (Hopefully that includes certain games like Dark Souls and Max Payne 3).

I'm not missing anything, here, right?

Sounds like the better deal to me.

Exuro

It's clearly not a corpse, look at the wonderfully articulated turkey eyebrow in the picture. (Zoom in if you can't see it). I think Occam's Razor applies here, the most simple explanation is the best. The turkey ALSO wants to go space-diving, but since it lacks arms, it can't climb the ladder on its owns. Tappet thus injected it with helium, tied on a leash, and climbed the ladder himself. Best of both worlds, turkey has a good time.
So if Tappet made it a turkey balloon, how would it go space diving being a balloon and all?

Tizoc

Ys on Steam is also on sale. I plan on getting the games for my Vita eventually but as is....which one of the two should I get?

Keep an eye on the flash sales. These are the start and end for the second wave.

This is the 1st Round
ppitbrai.png

0_aas_ffffff.png

0_aar_ffffff.png

This is the 2nd Round
ppk0wbmu.png

0_aal_ffffff.png

0_aam_ffffff.png

Ken

Kotor2 for 2.50 good deal? I recall there being problems trying to run it in widescreen or something or am I just making that up.

JeTmAn81

Kotor2 for 2.50 good deal? I recall there being problems trying to run it in widescreen or something or am I just making that up.

I bought it so hopefully no issues. Isn't there some custom patch for restoring content that didn't make it into the original game? Either way I am a big fan of the first game and have wanted to play II for a while.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Picked up KOTOR 2 and Critter Crunch. Think I'll be fine with that and possibly Dark Souls for the rest of the sale. Thank you DOTA 2 and CS:GO for keeping me distracted from adding to my Steam library.

GAF, I mustn't spend anything more than 10€. I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything on this sale but... fuck gabe!

So far my cart is like this:

KOTOR
KOTOR II
The Witcher

Total so far: 6.72€

So yeah, I love RPGs, but some fps/platformers/action games as well. Any recomendations? I'm almost buying Cave Story+. And remember, must not spend more than 10€, so the last game should be like 3.28€ max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom