• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

XSeed just registered a domain for Xanadu Next (made by Falcom, known for Ys)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=963142

Which apparently is a super awesome PC ARPG / dungeon crawler and I'm assuming it will be on Steam.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451165

Sounds rad as hell
Was just about to post this =D

Praise the Gabe.
tumblr_inline_mpvdcmUTcl1qz4rgp.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Was just about to post this. Let this sink guys
In 2015
A Japanese game
is releasing on PC
PC
and is getting an English localization

Praise the Gabe.

It's not all that surprising considering the past 6-9 months. If you'd posted this a year ago... ;)

In 2015
A Japanese game
is releasing on PC
PC

The game was already released on PC in Japan years ago and is getting an english translation. While great, I don't see what is so significant in relation to 2015?

Tizoc

The game was already released on PC in Japan and is getting a english translation. While great, I don't see what is so significant in relation to 2015?

Chances are I'm confusing it with another Xanadu game that Falcom recently announced :V
So disregard my 2015 comment and just get blindly hype
tumblr_inline_ncgnv6sFo91qa6ecl.gif

DISREGARD AND GET HYPE!

In 2015
A Japanese game
is releasing on PC
PC

Praise the Gabe.

It's a 2005 PC game. Tokyo Xanadu is the 2015 one, platform(s) currently unannouced. (I mixed up the two too. XD)

The_Monk

It's not all that surprising considering the past 6-9 months. If you'd posted this a year ago... ;)

I'm still very surprised a game like Final Fantasy XIII is on Steam and the next one, as well following by LR.

I remember the first time people were talking about this game, how it was going to be exclusive to the PS3, Kagari betting her account if the game would be released on the 360 and so on. It always felt a console game. Having both a PC and Console (no matter the one you choose) is the best way to experience this hobby in my opinion.

Tizoc

First time posting in 2015 with all my good people! May you all achieve your goals in 2015, hope you had a good 2014 and I hope this can be better.

Also, just had my first coffee in 2015, feels great. :)

Going to look for some hidden deals to see If purchase my first game of 2015 or not as well.

Happy new year you caffiene crazed Monk you <3
Have some shawarma, which what I'll be having for dinner soon~

It's a 2005 PC game. Tokyo Xanadu is the 2015 one, platform(s) currently unannouced. (I mixed up the two too. XD)

tumblr_inline_ncgnv6sFo91qa6ecl.gif

I AM DISPENSING JSHACKLES APPROVED GABEN DOLLARS, DISREGARD AND GET HYPE!

Tizoc

>_>;
OK weird seems one game I had bought for the giveaway isn't in the one I made, I'll make a separate giveaway for it later.

Jørdan

I'd buy Xanadu Next if it came to Steam even if the only language option was Swahili.

First time posting in 2015 with all my good people! May you all achieve your goals in 2015, hope you had a good 2014 and I hope this can be better.

Happy New Year Monk! Wishing you a great year ahead.

Arthea

City 17

A question re Witcher 3 pre-purchase:
Pre-Purchase and save 10%. Save an additional 5% if you own The The Witcher: Enhanced Edition or The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition on Steam.
Do you get 20% or 15% off for owning both Witcher 1 and 2?
For the record I own Witcher 1&2 on GOG (20% off for Witcher 3 on GOG), but just Witcher 1 on Steam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A question re Witcher 3 pre-purchase:

Do you get 20% or 15% off for owning both Witcher 1 and 2?
For the record I own Witcher 1&2 on GOG (20% off for Witcher 3 on GOG), but just Witcher 1 on Steam.

It works the same as on GOG: a further 5% off for each Witcher game owned.

Arthea

and the first game I finished this year was... Hatoful Boyfriend
Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to write about this game in sensible way and not to spoiler it, so I will just say this game is not what many think it is, it's much more and even more strange than we imagine.
Also seeing all routes is only way to play this, trust me on this.

How do you fell about Konami being only known for Metal Gear :V

I think you can imagine that !

Coreda

Can anyone else reproduce this bug?

1. Open your Friend Activity in the standalone Steam client.
2. Find any friend post that has been liked by a user ("Coreda has rated this up")
3. Middle-click the user's name who liked it.

Does an invisible window pop-up above the main window? It does for me, and the only way to close it is from the taskbar icon.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Haha I pushed a friend over the edge last night and got him to pick up Yaiba Ninja Gaiden with the promise I would play it over Family Sharing. Downloading now. Steam Family Sharing really is the best.

Tizoc

Haha I pushed a friend over the edge last night and got him to pick up Yaiba Ninja Gaiden with the promise I would play it over Family Sharing. Downloading now. Steam Family Sharing really is the best.

lol, that was another game I was thinking of mkaing a giveaway of, but forgot XD.
I'll let corrosive make one for it :V

JustinBB7

I finished Metal Gear Rising yesterday, awesome game. Are the VR missions worth playing or don't bother? Think I don't even have them all collected to be honest :eek:

MRORANGE

EmulationStation | A pretty UI for launching your games

http://www.emulationstation.org/
(Video)

EmulationStation is an open source front end for launching your gameswithout needing a keyboard, with it's themes and customization you can have a very slick looking front-end for you games. EmulationStation has metadata about games and supports a variety of OS's and devices including the Raspberry Pi.

6mlCYT1.png

Get boxart and info on your favorite games:

VhzW5o3.jpg

Getting started
FAQ

Kiru

Can anyone else reproduce this bug?

1. Open your Friend Activity in the standalone Steam client.
2. Find any friend post that has been liked by a user ("Coreda has rated this up")
3. Middle-click the user's name who liked it.

Does an invisible window pop-up above the main window? It does for me, and the only way to close it is from the taskbar icon.

Had this happen 2 times before you even posted about this. Also because I wanted to try middle-clicking within the client. Was it working correctly before ?
The thing is, you can't middle-click open 2 new windows, 1 is the limit, dunno if intended. Valve should introduce tabs, and not just for the overlay.

Sini

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sini, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle -- MB-8149C767A43BBE39 - Taken by Gallantioh. 1 entrants total.
Red Faction Guerrilla -- MB-44DC7A716AC1E094 - Taken by Snakethesniper. 2 entrants total.

t1420125593z1.png
A

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Nevermind
ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Bayonetta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

//N.P.P.D. RUSH//- The milk of Ultraviolet -- MB-63125AC4BDB5980D - Taken by Bayonetta. 1 entrants total.
Mount Your Friends -- MB-4E08CA939579B61C - Taken by Kiru. 5 entrants total.
Gunman Clive -- MB-0CB558FF81073AF6 - Taken by Rogue Agent. 3 entrants total.

t1420125713z1.png

Coreda

Had this happen 2 times before you even posted about this. Also because I wanted to try middle-clicking within the client. Was it working correctly before ?

Have never tried it in the client before this, and actually expected it not to load a new window. Edit: noticed your updated post. Yeah either get the windows functioning or use tabs.

Edit 2: seems every link apart from media popups does this, not just friend names.

XShagrath

I played about 90 minutes of Mount Your Friends last week in local multiplayer. Definitely the most hilarious gameplay experience of 2014. I was crying I was laughing so hard.

Highly recommended!

Looking over the achievements for Banished, and I don't think I'll be getting any of them. Nice.

i always thought you are german

Negative.

I have been to Germany once though

Welcome back. I look forward to more DOA gifs.

Also, just had my first coffee in 2015, feels great. :)

Just finished mine as well, it was glorious.

Kiru

Have never tried it in the client before this, and actually expected it not to load a new window. Edit: noticed your updated post. Yeah either get the windows functioning or use tabs.

Edit 2: seems every link apart from media popups does this, not just friend names.
Hm, I can open another additional window if it's an artwork/screenshot. If I open more it will open a window, but not the picture anymore. Weird stuff. So right now I have, client main window + broadcast window + artwork window

XShagrath

Damn Rogue legacy is freaking awesome. I'm really sad I'm almost done with it, any similar games you guys recommend.
Abyss Odyssey has a similar-ish concept. You keep your level from run to run, but you don't keep your equipment, which makes it a little less forgiving.

Arthea

Not with that attitude.

that doesn't have much to do with attitude, though, they aren't exceptionally accessible, all of them (><)

edited: it just occurred to me that we might be getting Gagharv Trilogy on steam after all, if anything goes well, with time...
ya, it's wishful thinking but it worked with Trails and Xanadu Next!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom