• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Deck OLED Announced: Coming November 16

bad guy

as bad as Danny Zuko in gym knickers
I really want one but I really don't need one. The money would be better invested in an OLED monitor for my trusty old desktop PC.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Deck is pretty much the ultimate portable at this point. Welcome to the club.
If the ally’s os didnt run like ass half the time, or didnt feel like i was cramping my fingers just to hold it; it’d almost be worth the trouble of playing a wider gambit of games with.

In terms of balance between os, game performance and form factor, the deck is definitely the best option out there

Well. Think I’ve made my mind up. My ps portal turned up today but that’s getting returned and I’m going to try and get the steam deck oled 512.
Thanks to those for answering my questions
You can stream your PS5 to the steam deck but just keep in mind the PS portal is still a much better device for doing this.

I think the updated Wifi 6E in the steam deck oled might improve the steaming experience but just giving you a warning that if your goal is only to stream your ps5 the ps portal is best for that.

Obviously SD is a better all round device, so you got to really think about what types of games you plan to play on it.

Personally for me I only play old games and emulators on my deck, I don't think the steam deck is great for playing AAA games.

nikos

Been excited to order this all week but I'm starting to wonder if I really need it. I have a good PC (7800X3D/4090) and would use the Steam Deck at home 99% of the time.

I still think it'll be nice to have for certain types of games, emulation, etc. I can even see myself playing it while sitting at my PC, which may seem ridiculous, but I've done the same with Switch games that are also available on PC. This will also eliminate the dilemma of buying the PC or Switch version of some games, where the Switch version is often not as good.

Still going to order one and see how it goes.

Last edited:

Codes 208

You can stream your PS5 to the steam deck but just keep in mind the PS portal is still a much better device for doing this.

I think the updated Wifi 6E in the steam deck oled might improve the steaming experience but just giving you a warning that if your goal is only to stream your ps5 the ps portal is best for that.

Obviously SD is a better all round device, so you got to really think about what types of games you plan to play on it.

Personally for me I only play old games and emulators on my deck, I don't think the steam deck is great for playing AAA games.
Because its actually a standalone console, the portal is just a playstation wii u gamepad peripheral.

Not that i disagree with the pros and cons of course but they both fill a niche and steam deck just has a bigger part as an actual gaming pc in console form

TheStam

I feel a bit stupid buying a second Steam Deck with the same performance, but I damaged mine irreversibly and don't want a Windows handheld... I do have two good to great computers BUT I NEED THIS so let's go! Cash on the Steam account, no turning back now., hope that Wifi6 Router will improve at home streaming or something.. OLED is gonna be sweet, 5 minutes to go

Topher

Gold Member
To everyone trying to snag an OLED....

Han Solo Good Luck GIF by Star Wars

:messenger_beaming:

Pakoe

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Welp

TitanNut88

“There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.”

graywolf323

so I can add it to my cart but I can’t checkout because it says the item requires me to join a waitlist…

where the fuck do I join this waitlist? 🤦🏼‍♂️

Ozriel

M$FT
Valve being fucking amateurish at this shit again, after boasting of significant stock and better cart/purchase experience for this launch.

so I can add it to my cart but I can’t checkout because it says the item requires me to join a waitlist…

where the fuck do I join this waitlist? 🤦🏼‍♂️

In the Same boat myself. Just waiting, with zero feedback

TheStam

You'd think they learnt from last time. I mean that launch must have garnered a whole lot more interest than this.

What are we gonna do, just sit at check out. I'm stuck at the adress info page which seems a bit bugged out too.

Top Bottom