• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

madjoki

The Evil Within 2 specs seem quit high:

In case you missed it, please find the PC Minimum and Recommended Requirements below. We'll be altering this post as we get nearer to launch with more information!

Minimum (30 FPS @ 720p):
CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 / AMD FX-8320 or better
8 GB RAM, 40GB free HDD space
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD 7970 3GB or better

Recommended (30 FPS @1080P):
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 / AMD Ryzen 5 1600X or better
16 GB RAM, 40GB free HDD space
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB / AMD RX 480 8GB or better

30 fps cap confirmed?

Edit:

r4mRfka.png

Monooboe

I'm probably just going to buy one game this month, outside regular bundles of course, I can't decide between Hollow Knight or Steamworld Dig 2. What would you all pick?

I'm probably just going to buy one game this month, outside regular bundles of course, I can't decide between Hollow Knight or Steamworld Dig 2. What would you all pick?

Hollow Knight is the greatest game of our generation, Steamworld Dig also looks quite good, but I havent played it, so you are probably safe either way. Hollow Knight COULD also be bundled soon as everyone already owns it (as they should).

Anno

HK is still my game of the year, so I say go with that. Though I'm looking forward to trying SWD2 as it looks really neat.

Monooboe

I guess Hollow Knight is longer. For 100% I clocked 35 hours.

Ah yeah I would prefer the game to be longer. 100% is manageable without much fuzz?

Hollow Knight is the greatest game of our generation, Steamworld Dig also looks quite good, but I havent played it, so you are probably safe either way. Hollow Knight COULD also be bundled soon as everyone already owns it (as they should).

I've been waiting for a sale on HK but it hasn't been in a while, maybe Halloween Sale but that's almost November. Also I'm guessing since it was a demo in a humble monthly that it won't be in a monthly again and it being in a regular feels like it's going to be awhile. Hmh.

HK is still my game of the year, so I say go with that. Though I'm looking forward to trying SWD2 as it looks really neat.

Yeah SteamGAF hype for the game has gotten to me so bad, enough that I've started thinking that 10% off for it on Humble is all I need.:D

Nzyme32

I must say I am extraordinarily happy with Amazon.

My Mobo's Bluetooth Controller is defective - Asus tell me to go back to the retailer to get a replacement. Amazon offer me either a replacement or full refund.

Full refund is £125. I can get the new version or buy the same one cheaper! Great!

People have been raving about Hollow Knight. I believe it also will have some updated content for the game around Halloween time so I'm expecting a sale for it when that drops. Get Hollow Knight then.

Yeah I should learn patience and wait till Halloween.

I'm sure when Hollow Knight goes on sale either I or someone else here will post about it immediately. =]

And if you can't wait, there's no shame in just buying it now as a lot of people feel like they got their money's worth for the game.

Monooboe

I'm sure when Hollow Knight goes on sale either I or someone else here will post about it immediately. =]

And if you can't wait, there's no shame in just buying it now as a lot of people feel like they got their money's worth for the game.

Haha actually, I think I'm going to buy it now, or at least wait till tomorrow and see if it goes on weekend sale anywhere or magically is in the monthly. Then spend the weekend taking a deep dive into it.

dex3108

Also AC Origins Requirements were posted today too

MINIMUM CONFIGURATION

• OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
  • PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-2400s @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX-6350 @ 3.9 GHz or equivalent
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD R9 270 (2048 MB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
  • SYSTEM RAM: 6GB
  • Resolution: 720p
  • Video Preset: Lowest

RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION

• OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
  • PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7- 3770 @ 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD R9 280X (3GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
  • SYSTEM RAM: 8GB
  • Resolution: 1080p
  • Video Preset: High

Game also supports:
  • Ultra wide monitors
  • Multiple monitors
  • Has dynamic resolution option to keep stable framerate
  • Download size will be 45GB
  • Resolution multiplier slider
  • FoV slider
  • No SLI/Crossfire support day 1
  • No DX12

Phinor

Also AC Origins Requirements were posted today too

Getting slightly hyped for this one, not something I thought I would say about Assassin's Creed game. Skipping a year was definitely a positive for me but few others here might disagree :)

Now to find a remotely decent deal for this, that's tough.

Zeneric

Looks like I'm buying Call of Duty Warchest tonight when I get refunded from Steam. Never played the first 3 COD games. Reminds me of Return to Wolfenstein graphically which I enjoyed. The gameplay should still be solid.

Teggy

Well, the latest windows update disappeared my mouse cursor. Last time this happened I had to reinstall Windows. Going to try a rollback. Pray for me.

I dont really get why people on GAF defend publishers, especially WB. In the thread I opened two reviews actually say that you need to either grind or spend a few bucks to skip that grind to see the true ending and people are like "Lol. The other reviews dont talk about it". without even noticing that usually reviewers wont 100% games...

I remember that IGN review of Sonic and the Black Knight where it had a fake-out ending after one and a halt hour and the reviewer said the game was too short.
Or even all the Forza reviews now which some dont even mention the MT shit it has.

Top Bottom