• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

I dont really get why people on GAF defend publishers, especially WB. In the thread I opened two reviews actually say that you need to either grind or spend a few bucks to skip that grind to see the true ending and people are like "Lol. The other reviews dont talk about it". without even noticing that usually reviewers wont 100% games...

I remember that IGN review of Sonic and the Black Knight where it had a fake-out ending after one and a halt hour and the reviewer said the game was too short.
Or even all the Forza reviews now which some dont even mention the MT shit it has.

There is a GAF defense force for everything. Everything.

Knurek

Hey, wbacon, how soon can we expect Ace Attorney on Steam?
You guys don't seem to mind releasing the games on phones, and I'm positive they don't sell there half as good as bloody Sakura games do on Steam.
Also do Ghost Trick, kthxbye

It is hard for me to hate on WB as their games get piss cheap.

They also did LEGO LotR.

EDIT - They also canceled the Battle of the Five Armies Hobbit DLC so fuck em.

Anno

It's weird that in a year where like 50 notable games have released people are instead rationalizing grinding dailies in a single player game as an alternative to buying loot crates. Just disheartening.

Remember when Nightdive really wanted to get NOLF out to THE PEOPLE but WB were like we don't know if we own this, and we don't care to look so that you can put it out, but if you do put it out without us we'll sue. They're great.

illusionary

If I made games I'd be very tempted to just go all out and troll like The Stanley Parable with my achievements:

T5YzEDv.png

Not because I hate achievements as I actually quite like them for record keeping purposes but I dislike the idea of the Platinum/100% being both something to strive for and something that all devs must accommodate for.

Just another year until we can legitimately get Go outside.

I'm probably just going to buy one game this month, outside regular bundles of course, I can't decide between Hollow Knight or Steamworld Dig 2. What would you all pick?

I'm still quite early on in SteamWorld Dig 2, but Hollow Knight would be my pick by quite some margin. That definitely shouldn't be taken to indicate that SteamWorld Dig 2 is bad - it's very much not - but Hollow Knight is on another level compared to most other games and one of the best examples of its genre ever.

Teggy

So the second page of the Logitech driver software doesn’t offer any way to advance with the keyboard. I’m dying here.

It's weird that in a year where like 50 notable games have released people are instead rationalizing grinding dailies in a single player game as an alternative to buying loot crates. Just disheartening.

And having played the first one makes it even more baffling. Mordor was a dreadful slog and the acclaimed Nemesis System was basically rendered moot by the fact that it was pretty much impossible to die to orks in the game.

FoneBone

Leftovers from one of the new BundleStars bundles:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FoneBone, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Back to Bed -- MB-C9DEA35A1070EED8 - Taken by TheGreenArrow. 1 entrants total.
BalanCity -- MB-35024B6A24218F43 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Bomb the Monsters! -- MB-F815C80E82B6B3DC - Taken by Powerpuff. 1 entrants total.
BreezeBlox -- MB-36C9F0562CDEECCE - Taken by Dangerblade. 1 entrants total.

t1507232683z1.png

Parsnip

But considering we've had other actual devs call us out for being incompetent at game development and/or baiting gators simply for existing, I would prefer everyone just forget the tutorial business entirely.
Those tweets even bothered me.
Wait, who are these devs so I can consider adding them to my shitlist.

Yup, it does.

Hey, wbacon, how soon can we expect Ace Attorney on Steam?
You guys don't seem to mind releasing the games on phones, and I'm positive they don't sell there half as good as bloody Sakura games do on Steam.
Also do Ghost Trick, kthxbye

Damn right.

Starpoint Gemini: Warlords is on sale this weekend with new DLC out today.

I think I was only vaguely aware of this title before, any impressions of it?

What does it actually play like?

The fuck. I have the requirements for 1080p at 30 but that seems like shit.
Starting to think it's poorly optimized again since it's running on a Frankenstein engine.

That's exactly why I haven't bothered getting it yet. If it's outsourced again to some nobodies, pass until discount.

Teggy

So I completely unplugged my mouse and got Steam big picture up with my Steam controller. If I minimize big picture I should be able to control my desktop with the steam controller, right?

I think I’m totally screwed again. Freaking windows.

Zeneric

So I completely unplugged my mouse and got Steam big picture up with my Steam controller. If I minimize big picture I should be able to control my desktop with the steam controller, right?

I think I'm totally screwed again. Freaking windows.

Try disabling Game bar if u haven't already, and enabling the Steam desktop configuration.

Teggy

Try disabling Game bar if u haven't already, and enabling the Steam desktop configuration.

I believe I did do both of those things, but I’ll double check.

I just can’t even get a mouse pointer to show up. When I did have game bar enabled it would show up on the screen stuck about 100 pixels up and to the left of the bar for some reason. But I couldn’t get it to move in any way.

I rebooted and I can get the Steam controller to do a few things like jump from icon to icon and right click the desktop but can’t get a cursor.

I think I'm totally screwed again. Freaking windows.

You should be able to control the mouse with your steam controller as soon as it is turned on (using the right touch-pad). You shouldn't need to start big picture mode first.

It sounds like you have problems with mouse controls in general. A Steam controller just acts like another mouse, so that probably doesn't help.

jediyoshi

I think I'm going crazy. Can someone open their Windows Store App and see if a plugged in DualShock 4 can interact with it?

Teggy

Ucchedavāda;251056013 said:
You should be able to control the mouse with your steam controller as soon as it is turned on (using the right touch-pad). You shouldn't need to start big picture mode first.

It sounds like you have problems with mouse controls in general. A Steam controller just acts like another mouse, so that probably doesn't help.

Wonderful. Looks like I’m in for another fun bunch of hours reinstalling windows and downloading updates.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
When do we find out next month's humble monthly? Just so I know whether to stick or cancel

Teggy

Ok, I was able to get the highlights-cursor-with-control-key going and it turns out I do sometimes have a cursor. I can get it move around if I have a web browser up, but if I switch to the Logitech installer it stops moving. <exhale>

Edit: ok, I can get focus on steam and on edge but not the installer. Is there some setting that says what the Steam controller will and won't affect?

Ascheroth

I dont really get why people on GAF defend publishers, especially WB. In the thread I opened two reviews actually say that you need to either grind or spend a few bucks to skip that grind to see the true ending and people are like "Lol. The other reviews dont talk about it". without even noticing that usually reviewers wont 100% games...

I remember that IGN review of Sonic and the Black Knight where it had a fake-out ending after one and a halt hour and the reviewer said the game was too short.
Or even all the Forza reviews now which some dont even mention the MT shit it has.
Trying to argue about anything on GAF is more often than not completely pointless as discussion tends to reset after every few pages because people can't be arsed to read shit.

Ok, I was able to get the highlights-cursor-with-control-key going and it turns out I do sometimes have a cursor. I can get it move around if I have a web browser up, but if I switch to the Logitech installer it stops moving. <exhale>

Edit: ok, I can get focus on steam and on edge but not the installer. Is there some setting that says what the Steam controller will and won't affect?

LOL, that sounds really weird.

This is a shot in the dark, but if I were you I'd try to uninstall everything mouse related. You should easily be able to get to the standard windows installer using the start menu. I'd uninstall anything mouse related there. You can get to the hardware settings by pressing Win+Pause, and then use the tab button to navigate to the hardware list and locate your mouse there. You can remove it either via left-Alt + letter to get to the menus or via the right-click menu button if you have that on your keyboard. Once you've done that, do a search for new hardware (left-alt + letter to get to the actions menu).

Good luck.

ETA: You may be able to use left-alt + letter shortcuts in the installer you mention.

Teggy

Ucchedav&#257;da;251060381 said:
LOL, that sounds really weird.

This is a shot in the dark, but if I were you I'd try to uninstall everything mouse related. You should easily be able to get to the standard windows installer using the start menu. I'd uninstall anything mouse related there. You can get to the hardware settings by pressing Win+Pause, and then use the tab button to navigate to the hardware list and locate your mouse there. You can remove it either via left-Alt + letter to get to the menus or via the right-click menu button if you have that on your keyboard. Once you've done that, do a search for new hardware (left-alt + letter to get to the actions menu).

Good luck.

Yeah, I’ve done that, it just automatically reinstalls as the same thing.

I’m trying to tell the computer that the Logitech installer is a game so I can use the controller inside it but it’s not letting me check the box off. It’s infuriating.

Amzin

WHOAH what the hell, work unblocked Steam web page. That is huge for making this thread less annoying to keep up with at work :p

Battlechili

Banned
Do you think NISA is starting to give up on its PC releases? For a while most of their announcements were day one on PC alongside the console versions, but this is happening less and less now. Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 is PS4 only :(

The thing I dont get is why people even defend anti consumer bs.

-Because it doesn't bother me
-The developer/publisher knows better than you
-It's been in other games, why does it bother you now
-It's my favorite franchise/developer and don't you dare talk bad about it/them
-It's only a few dollars, I spend more buying coffee in the morning, geez stop complaining
-It's the only way the game could've been made so deal with it
-People are just hating the game, it's still gonna sell millions without your purchase so haha

Take your pick

I swear publishers just run things into the ground. DLC gets introduced, run it into the ground. Online Passes get introduced, run it into the ground. Season Passes get introduced, run it deep into the ground. Now Loot Boxes and Microtransactions get introduced, I think this might be the deepest of the ground due to games actually getting altered to accommodate Loot Boxes....$60 GAMES....GETTING ALTERED TO ACCOMMODATE FOR LOOT BOXES AND MICROTRANSACTIONS. Can't wait to see whats next.

illusionary

Do I want to play XCOM Enemy Unknown with Enemy Within expansion, or should I start with vanilla first?

With the expansion. It shouldn't be all that hard to get used to all of the mechanics at once and the expansion adds significantly to the game.

Then buy XCOM 2. :p

kevin1025

Banned

So weird to see the exact PC I'm building (Ryzen) in December as the recommended already, haha. Definitely an edge case, but still.

Also AC Origins Requirements were posted today too

Game also supports:
  • Ultra wide monitors
  • Multiple monitors
  • Has dynamic resolution option to keep stable framerate
  • Download size will be 45GB
  • Resolution multiplier slider
  • FoV slider
  • No SLI/Crossfire support day 1
  • No DX12

That's more like it!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-524AEC6562B87D7F - Taken by SunDimension24

Top Bottom