• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

MadGear

Warhammer 2 seems off to a slower start than the first.

Well a friend of mine spent a good amount of time with the first one and the reason why he isn't buying the second one anytime soon is because of the DLC pricing. Even during sales getting the full content for this game is somewhat expensive (iirc discounts are 35% off at best) so he really doesn't feel like dropping 50€ now and another 40-70€ later.

Upcoming update for Street Fighter V happening in the next couple of months

For existing users this'll be just like the usual updates from the past 2 years. Interested in seeing what Season 3 cast will be
COME ON ARMLESS SAGAT! GIMME DAT PSYCHIC TAIGA SHOUT!

Interesting. I will definitely give the game another shot then. I still can't believe how "fast" I dropped SFV after spending so much time with SF4 on my 360, but I just couldn't bring myself to enjoy it. I just really hope that they keep crossplay tho ... I'm not sure why they dropped this feature for MvCI.

Lain

Every time I want to download a demo on Steam (which is rare) because I stumble on a demo text on the store page list of releases, I keep wondering as I go through the page where the hell is the damn button to download the demo?!, until I finally find it.

I hope with the revamp that'll come in the next century (I don't believe one is close, Dusk!!) the button to download demos will be moved to the top, or even be about in the same general area as where you usually click to buy a game.

Just saw in that NiOh thread that the app was uploaded over a year ago...

Yes it was. Not the first, not the last moneyhat. But hey it's a "conspiracy" to even claim Final Fantasy X HD was sitting finished on Steam and released 1 year later day for day exactly after PS4 version.

Yes it was. Not the first, not the last moneyhat. But hey it's a "conspiracy" to even claim Final Fantasy X HD was sitting finished on Steam and released 1 year later day for day exactly after PS4 version.

On GAF moneyhatting is always a conspiracy as long as Sony is doing that. Check out the PUBG threads lately how "consumer unfriendly" that is (and it is imo, no matter who is doing that).

Yeah. Battlechasers reminds me of I am Setsuna, but better.
How is I am Setsuna? Is it worth getting or should I just skip it and go for Battlechasers instead? I was literally about to buy I am Setsuna but I am thinking of just going for Battlechasers now - also $10 cheaper I believe.

Tizoc

How is I am Setsuna? Is it worth getting or should I just skip it and go for Battlechasers instead? I was literally about to buy I am Setsuna but I am thinking of just going for Battlechasers now - also $10 cheaper I believe.

I'd say skip.
It's good for the first few hours but gets dull later on.
IMO if you cou;d at least get the OST, lovely piano.

Mivey

On GAF moneyhatting is always a conspiracy as long as Sony is doing that. Check out the PUBG threads lately how "consumer unfriendly" that is (and it is imo, no matter who is doing that).
But there is a fundamental difference. If Sony is insinuated in doing it, then it is 4theplayers, but if Microsoft has obviously engaged in this, it's crony capitalism.

But there is a fundamental difference. If Sony is insinuated in doing it, then it is 4theplayers, but if Microsoft has obviously engaged in this, it's crony capitalism.

I remember an argument for that that was like "They can then first develop it for only one ecosystem which makes them game be more optimized in the end!"

Yup, I agree on the consumer unfriendly. What's happening with PUBG is a shame. To me, it's all about context. There's no denying Sony gave a marketing push to Nioh and maybe helped with some stuff. But that's still a moneyhat. When you pay to delay a release, that's what it is.

When you actively fund a game from A to Z, now that's a different thing. I'd love to make a thread about moneyhat in the industry, but I doubt it would go well.

Did Destiny 2 catch flak for their PC release delay? Seemingly arbitrary, too.

By the time it comes out, the fervor will be gone if it hasn't already and even the raids will have fully fleshed out guides and glitches.

By the time it comes out, the fervor will be gone if it hasn't already and even the raids will have fully fleshed out guides and glitches.

I was really looking forward to playing Destiny on PC but now I'm not so sure. It's coming out the same week as Wolfenstein and Mario so I've no idea when I would have the time to actually play it.

MaxiLive

That Sony contract will cause that! I'm still looking forward t o playing it and have been avoiding as much of the Youtube/Twitch coverage as possible but my hype levels are deflating due to the delay and the packed October launch line up where as I've felt someone starved for games for the past few weeks o it would of been ideal to come out earlier.

But hey thats business and I don't think there is much Bungie could of done and I don;t think it will affect their sales on PC all that much, I'm sure there will be a lot of double dippers as well who will find restarting enough of fresh content with the 60fps+/high res gameplay.

For existing users this'll be just like the usual updates from the past 2 years. Interested in seeing what Season 3 cast will be

A cool arcade mode? Yeeeeah!

Think they'll add new cheevos, thus erasing my 100% completion? I really don't wanna reinstall, lol.

I'd say skip.
It's good for the first few hours but gets dull later on.
IMO if you cou;d at least get the OST, lovely piano.
Thanks. Stumbling upon the soundtrack on youtube is what got me interested in the game to begin with! But decided to skip it for now and go with Battlechasher.

They will add new achievements guaranteed

tumblr_mreczsWyFw1r8nxtno1_400.gif

Mivey

I wonder why there aren't more games, trolling achievement hunters. Stuff like, "Play the game intermittently, such that the duration of your pauses in days are equal to the Fibonacci sequence, for the next year." Or "Play the game during the birthdays of everyone on the dev team".

Dinjoralo

I wonder why there aren't more games, trolling achievement hunters. Stuff like, "Play the game intermittently, such that the duration of your pauses in days are equal to the Fibonacci sequence, for the next year." Or "Play the game during the birthdays of everyone on the dev team".

In a theoretical game, there is a very well-hidden, hard to access secret area with a button inside. If you go there and press the button, a bunch of confetti comes down and you instantly unlock every achievement, including one specifically for hitting the button. If you get every other achievement legitimately and go to press the button, it isn't in the secret area anymore.

gelf

If I made games I'd be very tempted to just go all out and troll like The Stanley Parable with my achievements:

T5YzEDv.png

Not because I hate achievements as I actually quite like them for record keeping purposes but I dislike the idea of the Platinum/100% being both something to strive for and something that all devs must accommodate for.

Why can't more platform holders be like Nintendo and just exclude achievements from the system :(

Lain

Played the Underhero demo and the game looks fun. The demo had a weird thing about resolutions so I decided to play it windowed. I don't quite understand why every windowed game has tearing for me (mighty annoying with RPG Maker games) but whatever.

Arthea

eh, troll cheevos don't get you many fans, you might get temporary satisfaction, but unless it's a good game attached to it, it will backfire

People take their achievements seriously. I've seen some vitriol on the Steam forums over some devs that add in playful achievements.

some do, some don't, playful (as in fun and funny) cheevos are totally fine. troll cheevos? not so much

The only achievements I hate are the ones that make you play the game 10 times through. A lot of metroidvanias will have them like "Complete the game with 100% of items" "Complete the game with less than 10% of items" "Complete the game in under 20 minutes with 40% of items or less" and then there are the multi play through achievements like "Side with Bob in the quest "Who's cookie is this?" and "Side with Harold in the quest "Who's cookie is this?" where you can only possibly get one of them each play through.

Naarmight

People always complain about the Steam game format, well on Origin Battlefront II comes before Battlefront: Ultimate Edition......... It makes me sick

Also trying to play Battlefront after playing months of PUBG was an awful experience, nothing feels like it has any consequence. Live, die, repeat.

yuraya

Also trying to play Battlefront after playing months of PUBG was an awful experience, nothing feels like it has any consequence. Live, die, repeat.

That game design is becoming very archaic. AAA devs need to try something new for once. But after so many years of it they are probably too scared to do anything else.

Endruen

That game design is becoming very archaic. AAA devs need to try something new for once. But after so many years of it they are probably too scared to do anything else.

They have no issues trying new ways to get money from us, though.

Arminsc

Iirc The Stanley Parable has an achievement that cannot be unlocked, only with steam achievement manager haha

Edit: beaten

People take their achievements seriously. I've seen some vitriol on the Steam forums over some devs that add in playful achievements.

A friend of mine had a good idea yesterday... he said the Cuphead devs should add an achievement for completing the tutorial and call it "Venture and Beat".

I know Teeth reads this thread sometimes but sadly he doesn't get to be petty in the real world the way we get to be in our imagination :p

Hey guys, anybody in here want a steam key for rise of the tomb raider? got it from my humble bundle this month, first to pm me gets it. Free of course.

EDIT: Gone, enjoy PaulSane :).

A friend of mine had a good idea yesterday... he said the Cuphead devs should add an achievement for completing the tutorial and call it "Venture and Beat".

I know Teeth reads this thread sometimes but sadly he doesn't get to be petty in the real world the way we get to be in our imagination :p

You know, can we just fucking forget about the stupid Cuphead tutorial controversy, alright? It wasn't funny when Dean from Venturebeat had trouble doing it. It definitely wasn't funny when Ian Piles Dong and his Gamergate cronies went after Dean because he "couldn't do his job" nonsense. Lastly, it wasn't funny having people want the OT title of Cuphead or an achievement for Cuphead to be about completing the "Dark Souls of tutorials". Even Teeth has stated this so.

Just move on from it and enjoy the game because it's a damn fun game from the couple of hours I played from it.

Top Bottom