• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

So I installed warframe to check out the patch. But it crashes at start up and "verify game cache" is blacked out in Steam..

Edit. I had to take it out of "64bit mode" it works now.

Regginator

Dammit Valve

They restricted family sharing :-(

Previously you was only locked from playing when the preson who shared played something, now you can't even download game when the person plays the game
with this error
ygk59Tu.png

I never understood the old family sharing restrictions, much less this one. Like, for example, my brother wants to play Dark Souls III through my account, but since I'm playing Rocket League at that moment, he can't. It's so weird, obviously I could've understand it if I was playing DS3 as well, but why restrict family share even when playing other games?

Next time they'll say it's restricted if the main account that owns the games is merely online.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Guardian's Oath -- MB-986F21C028B877A8 - Taken by Orakio Rob

Old Ubisoft games is such technical mess that doesn't aged well. Like they didn't expect that someone would actually play them 10 years later. I tried to play Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII, and just as expected i got black screen with sound at first launch. Spent 5 minutes to search for solution to fix it and force to run, and voila, it works. It even had 4K resolution in options menu, but scaling is broken just like Steam overlay in 4K, it's too damn small:
But at least game playable in 1080p and it works on Win 10 64-bit without a problem after few minor fixes, but of course, it's easier just to remove game from store and pretend it never existed. Typical Ubisoft, lazy bastards who don't honor their legacy.

Key because I forgot I owned it already and didn't claim the gift link

ModBot said:
Instructions for GrinningColossus:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GrinningColossus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Normality -- MB-4F44787DF21AC0A0

Tizoc

So I finally got to recruit Shrek in Middle Earth 2.
I go about recruiting more generals and every time I recruit one he magically appears and gives me a quick tutorial on how to use my generals to get ahead in Mordor.
Also I got that Forthog fella to save my butt one time!

As is I honestly don't know what to upgrade further so I'm just gonna get all main abilities then upgrade them over time.

Jawmuncher

TWE2's Hubworlds suck

I like em.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mainly since when you do run into stuff it's actually worthwhile. Whether it be some much needed supplies or a cool "event". I will say that Chapter 3's Hub drags on a bit too long though. The second hub area is much smaller and better for it.

gabbo

I never understood the old family sharing restrictions, much less this one. Like, for example, my brother wants to play Dark Souls III through my account, but since I'm playing Rocket League at that moment, he can't. It's so weird, obviously I could've understand it if I was playing DS3 as well, but why restrict family share even when playing other games?

Next time they'll say it's restricted if the main account that owns the games is merely online.
Next time in Valve time is unlikely to occur for a while

Hektor

I like em.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mainly since when you do run into stuff it's actually worthwhile. Whether it be some much needed supplies or a cool "event". I will say that Chapter 3's Hub drags on a bit too long though. The second hub area is much smaller and better for it.

Other than weapon upgrade parts - and very rarely weapons themselfs- i don't really find anything worthwhile anywhere on those maps. Ammunition sure is cool and all, but it's no use when you wasted more to get to that spot in the first place. Like wow, i found three shotgun pellets but i needed five to get past the boomer at the entrance.

Then you constantly find ammo pouches and that straight up feels like the game is taunting me.

Wow, now i can carry 4 times as many 9mm shots in my inventory as i will actually ever have.

I started playing on the highest diffculty but already dropped one down because the game once autosaved me into an ambush.

It's really just not fun to explore or rewarding to do. I finished the second one, and if there are more i think i'll skip them as much as i can

Jawmuncher

Other than weapon upgrade parts - and very rarely weapons themselfs- i don't really find anything worthwhile anywhere on those maps. Ammunition sure is cool and all, but it's no use when you wasted more to get to that spot in the first place. Like wow, i found three shotgun pellets but i needed five to get past the boomer at the entrance.

Then you constantly find ammo pouches and that straight up feels like the game is taunting me.

Wow, now i can carry 4 times as many 9mm shots in my inventory as i will actually ever have.

I started playing on the highest diffculty but already dropped one down because the game once autosaved me into an ambush.

It's really just not fun to explore or rewarding to do. I finished the second one, and if there are more i think i'll skip them as much as i can

I wonder if maybe it was the difficulty you were on. On survival I haven't had much trouble. It was a little rough at first. But once I explored and got those weapons and then did the shooting range I was good to go. But I can see why you and other's aren't liking them. It's a common complaint in the OT.

zkylon

zkylewd
l3vsLK9.png

finished my very relaxed xcom: enemy within campaign

the enemy within content is pretty decent, i specially liked turning my dudes into robots and some of the new missions and enemies. the gen lab stuff is nowhere near as fun and it also changes your dudes' armors into being ugly so i didn't like that at all

i really liked the meld mechanic, that was a really fun risk reward thing that felt really good when you managed to get the meld cannisters but it's nowhere near as stressful as xcom 2. i kind of liked the timers in xcom 2, just wish they weren't used like EVERY SINGLE MISSION, and i really dislike how in xcom 1 you can just walk three cells forward, overwatch, rinse and repeat, so having a softer timer to make you race a bit feels like a really good middleground

the exalt stuff tho, that's kind of crap. i liked the metagame stuff of having to figure out which country is hiding the exalt people, but you can just sleep on it until you know for certainty, and i was kind of hoping the exalt would evolve as you do but they just use the same units from the start for all the game, so that's disappointing

also i still really think this game kind of hints at the morals of the human experimentation you're doing at xcom but doesn't really do anything other than saying that "it's bad when exalt does it!", which is kind of weird and kind of dumb. i don't expect a very serious story but cmon, the german scientist lady is clearly going insane with power and those rascals at exalt are just minor troublemakers all things considered. i really wish the villain of xcom 3 is the scientist lady

overall it's pretty decent, i feel like i might go back to xcom 2 if they ever add the ability to turn yourself into a robot

Xater

Old Ubisoft games is such technical mess that doesn't aged well. Like they didn't expect that someone would actually play them 10 years later. I tried to play Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII, and just as expected i got black screen with sound at first launch. Spent 5 minutes to search for solution to fix it and force to run, and voila, it works. It even had 4K resolution in options menu, but scaling is broken just like Steam overlay in 4K, it's too damn small:

But at least game playable in 1080p and it works on Win 10 64-bit without a problem after few minor fixes, but of course, it's easier just to remove game from store and pretend it never existed. Typical Ubisoft, lazy bastards who don't honor their legacy.

That reminded me that the Silent Hunter games are all Ubisoft. I kinda felt like playing a sub game, but Silent Hunter 5 was in bad shape at launch, doubt it’s doing well now. I don’t think I can do anything about this urge then. I don’t think there is any other semi recent sub game.

Ladekabel

Started Arkham Oranges. Did I change, did the times changes, do I like Yakuza better now or was the free flow system always shit but everyone thinks it's good because it looks cool? So many combos end because Bats targets not the enemy right next to him, sometimes he makes insane leaps to an enemy and sometimes he refuses to make two steps to punch someone. And the best is not hitting the enemy you want to hit.

Zeneric

I'm thinking of going back and forcing myself to go thru the whole TEW game again and do the DLCs. I can't touch TEW2 till it's patched and I yearn for something like TEW/RE4. No, can't touch RE4 again till the RE4 HD Project's completed. And no, can't touch RE5 again cuz I wanna do RE4 before RE5. Same reason I can't touch RE6 (tho I've never played it and probably never will - a lot of negative reviews for it turns me off).

I lost my controller aiming skill :(. Used to aim on a controller np. Now it's fucked up. Brains/minds sure are powerful/fragile.

I'm playing Grim Dawn: Ashes of Malmouth (yes, I caved and bought it) and it only just hit me that scythes are classified as axes.

Do y'all realise what this means? Berserker Constellation is a go! Dreams do come true.

Man, I love progression in GD.
Started Arkham Oranges. Did I change, did the times changes, do I like Yakuza better now or was the free flow system always shit but everyone thinks it's good because it looks cool? So many combos end because Bats targets not the enemy right next to him, sometimes he makes insane leaps to an enemy and sometimes he refuses to make two steps to punch someone. And the best is not hitting the enemy you want to hit.
Doesn't Yakuza have more in common with common brawlers? FreeFlow Combat is about fighting large amounts of enemies, flipping around them, and countering--focused on high combo counts and maintaining it more than anything else.

But, in any case, I'd say Arkham Origins is a bad implementation of it. Some of the new enemy types are really annoying, and they don't even get the final KO sound right. Arkham Knight, for all the flaws that game has, has the best implementation of FreeFlow combat.

Lanrutcon

I'm playing Grim Dawn: Ashes of Malmouth (yes, I caved and bought it) and it only just hit me that scythes are classified as axes.

Been having an insanely good time with it. The Inquisitor tree let's me play as Van Helsing, and controller support means I just sit back and put bullets in things without a care.

The game deserves way more love.

Ladekabel

Doesn't Yakuza have more in common with common brawlers? FreeFlow Combat is about fighting large amounts of enemies, flipping around them, and countering--focused on high combo counts and maintaining it more than anything else.

But, in any case, I'd say Arkham Origins is a bad implementation of it. Some of the new enemy types are really annoying, and they don't even get the final KO sound right. Arkham Knight, for all the flaws that game has, has the best implementation of FreeFlow combat.

Eh, I compared them because both are more button mashy. My playthrough of City and Asylum are too long ago for me to remember how they were. I have Knight, too, though I won't start it until next year.

Been having an insanely good time with it. The Inquisitor tree let's me play as Van Helsing, and controller support means I just sit back and put bullets in things without a care.

The game deserves way more love.

Did the controller support in Grim Dawn get better? Last time I played it, it was awful.

The family sharing is really nothing but a legitimized retake on the procedure known as "password sharing", which is unsafe and sounds illegitimate but really wasn't in some special cases, like, uh, family sharing. I don't see how that affects the download restriction but the part about one game blocking different game makes complete sense. I imagine the part where the entire library gets locked made the agreement language easier to swallow - it's really equivalent of you getting to your relative's/friend's home and logging in, in fact you had to do that once (or share the password, but nuh-nuh) to activate the computer the last time I looked at it.

Otherwise, a user could effectively play multiple games of theirs at the same time by setting up more accounts, and publisher could easily claim that their, say, bundle offers were relying on that not being the case.

BasilZero

Wonder if this means we'll get more console bundles than usual. (though I'm sure they'll add in games on the PS3 rather than the PS4...).

It could also spell a decline in number of bundles....

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Well there's still Bundle Stars and Indie gala....

Anyone want an indie Gala anime group buy for 1.76$? I reserved it before Canada added $3 fee to paypal transfers now I feel bad cancelling on the guy. I figure there is some card money in it. https://www.indiegala.com/anime

I could have sworn that bundle's max price was $3.99, then it went up to $4.99 - and now its $5.99....what the...

Wonder if this means we'll get more console bundles than usual. (though I'm sure they'll add in games on the PS3 rather than the PS4...).

Well there's still Bundle Stars and Indie gala....

I could have sworn that bundle's max price was $3.99, then it went up to $4.99 - and now its $5.99....what the...

They have a "first 24 hour price usually", I dunno. Indie Gala is a scam without group buy but with that group it is really cheap usually.

yuraya

If something really does go bad then a new competitor shall rise.

Its your time to shine CDKEYS.

Top Bottom