• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

Hektor

Finished Cuckhead.

Balls to the walls. Some incredibly difficult but very fair fights (With the exception of The Devil's bullshit dragon-hitbox). I can feel the adrenaline. Fuck.

The art- and sounddesign is outstanding, but that's nothing new. What's new (at least for me) is how well and unique designed each encounter is. The Diceman is definitely my favorite fight in the game.

If you like run'n'gun shooter and have no issue with difficulty* you should absolutely buy this.

*There's an easy mode in the game, but it does not appear to be available for all fights

Nabs

how do you prove that anyone is stream sniping, aka watching a stream and using that as info (I guess thats what it is?). People could have different names on Twitch (in fact most people do?) and shit.

They have server logs and can see if you've been joining games and quitting them once you realize you're in the wrong lobby. There are other tools that show your path in a game, where it's painfully obvious if you're trailing or walking directly to each area the streamer is in. I don't know if the last feature is live yet, but I do remember seeing a video on it. It may have been a previous PU mod.

If you like run'n'gun shooter and have no issue with difficulty* you should absolutely buy this.

image.php

Why? Because Atua says so?

Fuck Angie.

Xater

Decided to wait on Wolfenstein and picked up Total War Warhammer 2 instead. This game is really cool. Did not expect to be as ipressed with it as I am right now.

MUnited83

For you.
how do you prove that anyone is stream sniping, aka watching a stream and using that as info (I guess thats what it is?). People could have different names on Twitch (in fact most people do?) and shit.
No legit player is going to constantly enter and exit lobby's a shitload of times until they miracously stop when they totally coincidentally get into the match with the streamer, and then have their whole movement match to as if they're tracking down the streamer, and then kill the streamer.
Not just all that. A lot of people are also upset at the developer's consideration of doing a lawsuit against Fortnight for also doing a Battle Royale mode, and the way the developer has spoken in the past, he's said things like the idea that people need to license his game mode, which alongside other statements implies that he thinks that he invented a new genre and owns the rights to video game mechanics
This is extremely false, would be nice if you researched before stating such thinysm

Mifec

Finished Cuckhead.

Balls to the walls. Some incredibly difficult but very fair fights (With the exception of The Devil's bullshit dragon-hitbox).
I can feel the adrenaline. Fuck.

I genuinely wish SP games could do this to me still, mostly only happens with MP stuff. Gotta play more Cuphead I guess.

Ucchedavāda;250606727 said:
Wait, what?

Those are his patrician NTR inclinations shining through.

Knurek

Well, everything that doesn't make you re-play much of the game multiple times in order to see the true ending.
(Though I think the newer versions fixed that)

Yeah, talking about the PC/PS4 version, which has flowchart and text-skip.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They have server logs and can see if you've been joining games and quitting them once you realize you're in the wrong lobby. There are other tools that show your path in a game, where it's painfully obvious if you're trailing or walking directly to each area the streamer is in. I don't know if the last feature is live yet, but I do remember seeing a video on it. It may have been a previous PU mod.

That's actually neat then.

Finished Cuckhead.

Now this game I would play.

lol, never used this before.

10GB saved on one of my drives. 15GB on another. 40GB on another.

I think steam should stop devs from putting the redist files in their packages and offer a set of files to be installed before their game and use common files that itself updates with the steam software. But I know that is less probable than Half-Life 3.

illusionary

-Mini-Ghost. A little surprise. I played the Normal mode, the game is quite easy and it's again very short (you can 100% normal mode in one hour or so). The game was good, except for the very final area with a section filled with respawning enemies, jumps and of course lava under you. That was frustrating, expecially because I managed to clear it the first time with no problem just to discover I needed an upgrade hidden in a secret room to proceed. The second time I tried maybe 15 times to pass the area.
Bought with the current 50% discount, I assume? I enjoyed Ghost 101 and have just picked this up myself. I'll see how this goes!

L.O.R.D

maybe late news, but i just heard that Ys VIII the beta PC version was cracked or leacked by 3dm group.

because it's beta version, it has many bugs like it doesn't fully support pc keyboards and Xbox one Controller.

maybe late news, but i just heard that Ys VIII the beta PC version was cracked or leacked by 3dm group.

because it's beta version, it has many bugs like it doesn't fully support pc keyboards and Xbox one Controller.

Horrible, that someone registered for the Beta and leaked it...

Ascheroth

The fuck. Why would you do this. What a shithead.

Tonton

Apparently they cracked the preload which had an old version of the beta

Didn't hear anything about leaking the beta i'd think it'd be a better version if it was that

Nabs

That's wild. If you're going to pirate a game, don't pirate the incomplete beta version.

Man, the Steam forums are going to be filled with even more shit posts after this.

Didn't hear anything about leaking the beta i'd think it'd be a better version if it was that

So it's not even the latest beta? I think the cracking groups are getting lazier with their checking.

Parsnip

Preloads are pretty heavily encrypted are they not, this seems kind of unusual.

fuzaco

So pirates get to play Ys 8, and I'm sitting here with it in my Steam library, not having any clue when it might come out.

At least we'll probably have a better idea how bad the initial port is. And if it gets worse sales because of this, NISA kinda deserves it for the way they handled this.

So pirates get to play Ys 8, and I'm sitting here with it in my Steam library, not having any clue when it might come out.

At least we'll probably have a better idea how bad the initial port is. And if it gets worse sales because of this, NISA kinda deserves it for the way they handled this.

Why would they deserve it? They held a closed beta, beta testers actually did their job and did reports, NISA noticed it has bugs and decided to delay it instead of releasing a bug-ridden game.

L.O.R.D

maybe NISA is the one who send the cracked version to the hackers so they can test all they want, see what fixes they can do, then put denuvo in the final version and hackers won't need to hack the final version.

fuzaco

Why would they deserve it? They held a closed beta, beta testers actually did their job and did reports, NISA noticed it has bugs and decided to delay it instead of releasing a bug-ridden game.

They held a beta, what, like 2 weeks before release? Clearly not enough time to actually test and fix the port, which they must have known was bad even before the test had started. And then they announced the indefinite delay one day before release, and we still don't have any updates on when it's coming.

They held a beta, what, like 2 weeks before release? Clearly not enough time to actually test and fix the port, which they must have known was bad even before the test had started. And then they announced the indefinite delay one day before release, and we still don't have any updates on when it's coming.

It was 1 month before release afaik.

Volimar

27 entrants for American Truck Simulator? Didn't realise it was so popular. Guess I'll have to find my relaxing lazy Sunday afternoon elsewhere.

People openly admitting to pirating a game on the Steam forums of said game. We've reached peak stupidity.
I wish there were consequences for that shit.
My favourite are people complaining about issues with their game that are incorporated for pirated versions.

Kudo

Hopefully also Zwei 2 (i'm actually expecting it much later tbh)

Ah yes, hopefully they can get it out this month, not that there's shortage of games to play or anything.

Haven't played the first Wolfenstein so forgot the sequel.

Hektor

I played Democracy 3 for an hour and

jU3oEgn.png

Q1VHxk4.png

hjcQyNQ.png

I think i found my calling

Ucchedavāda;250606727 said:
Wait, what?

You read right

I genuinely wish SP games could do this to me still, mostly only happens with MP stuff. Gotta play more Cuphead I guess.

Maybe you just need to get into the right mindset.

Did you ever try to flog yourself once for ingame every death

My favourite are people complaining about issues with their game that are incorporated for pirated versions.

lol this shit honestly doesn't surprise me anymore.

Honestly, wonder if NISA has any plans to make up for the delay or not. I doubt they'd do a discount, since it would require people to refund it if they haven't.

Top Bottom