• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
it requires as much skills as pantsu may cry, it's the most straight forward punch and dodge game :>

that's godhand, right? cos i dunno, i heard it's pretty scary hard

i'm more of a walk around and read/wardrobe simulator type of person

Anteater

*idontbelieve.gif*

Everyone says that's a hard game up there with the original Xbox ninja gaiden.

that's godhand, right? cos i dunno, i heard it's pretty scary hard

i'm more of a walk around and read/wardrobe simulator type of person

nah, i find ninja gaiden frustrating, god hand is challenging but i think it falls into the dark souls category where the difficulty is greatly exaggerated, it's very scalable.

Shit.
Every week I have to stab a knife through my hand just to keep from re-installing Skyrim and gorging on clothing/armor mods.

The temptation is too real.

sensoft04

Banned
i got one of those today. i accepted the friend request but as soon as i got the msg with th fake steam community link I reported it and blocked all communications. That was my first scam add guys! I must be getting pretty cool on steam.

The more famous your steam id gets you will get more fake requests so try not to post it in public much.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Shit.
Every week I have to stab a knife through my hand just to keep from re-installing Skyrim and gorging on clothing/armor mods.

The temptation is too real.

Just remember how awful the gameplay is and that should keep you away from it. :3

Anteater

just think of skyrim as a walking simulator and you'll have a good time

i liked it and i played it on ps3, lotsa walking

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
First, download Freespace Open. You will need to have Freespace 2 already installed to get it working.

Once you are done, go to Hard-Light website and start clicking on things :p

The modding section on Hard-Light wiki (right side) can be helpful to know what is each thing, although seems a bit outdated. The forums are a good source too, as there are subforums with details for everything.

The graphic update can be found here.

To add to this.

Watch Babylon 5.

Install this mod http://babylon.hard-light.net/ , giving you the best Babylon 5 game ever made.

Just remember how awful the gameplay is and that should keep you away from it. :3

It's bad sure, but there are some great mods that mix things up and make for a much better game.

It's kinda crazy when I think about it.
Spent maybe 30 hours on Skyrim on the 360.
500+ on Skyrim PC.

Only reasons I've been able to hold off on re-installing are 1) I want to upgrade my PC and 2) Backlog

zkylon

zkylewd
So Skyrim?
iOgBSNTrEbP3L.gif

reading in skyrim?

I was also a fan of FF X-2.
i hope they release that on pc some day

i remember being super hyped for it when that music video thing released

zkylon's favorite games are skyrim and fallout 3
only when i'm not playing me some doto

nah, i find ninja gaiden frustrating, god hand is challenging but i think it falls into the dark souls category where the difficulty is greatly exaggerated, it's very scalable.
i see

still not really a game i'm interested in for now and i forbid myself from playing any other ps2 game that isn't persona 4

RedFyn

the only other game that melds rpg and puzzle action as well as puzzle quest is might and magic clash of heroes.

I found that game to be far more rewarding anyway due to the lack of random chance bs that was in puzzle quest also.
That's a good game, though they're completely different. They both have "random chance bs" though.

So I have 2 out of the 5 Super Meat Boy! trading cards, I figure hey I'll buy a booster pack for fun! Why not?

3 cards:

1x one of the two I already had and 2x the other card I already had....

:|

Wow.

Never again.

ExoSoul

Banned
So I have 2 out of the 5 Super Meat Boy! trading cards, I figure hey I'll buy a booster pack for fun! Why not?

3 cards:

1x one of the two I already had and 2x the other card I already had....

:|

Wow.

Never again.

Wow indeed xD
I'm sorry but that's just... *laughs harder*

First, download Freespace Open. You will need to have Freespace 2 already installed to get it working.

Once you are done, go to Hard-Light website and start clicking on things :p

The modding section on Hard-Light wiki (right side) can be helpful to know what is each thing, although seems a bit outdated. The forums are a good source too, as there are subforums with details for everything.

The graphic update can be found here.
Thanks a lot!
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ricochetguro, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas -- MB-A64646CBA386AB34 - Taken by RedFyn. 14 entrants total.

t1422946647z1.png
Meant to do a 15 minute raffle but oh well. Extra copy from pre-ordering GTA V

Anteater

both are fun games, I strangely like p3 better, i mean p4 improved on a few things but still. Those games are incredibly time consuming though.

Man your metroid screenshots on steam reminds me that I still haven't started metroid prime I bought on the gamecube back in 2002.

mannerbot

both are fun games, I strangely like p3 better, i mean p4 improved on a few things but still. Those games are incredibly time consuming though.

Man your metroid screenshots on steam reminds me that I still haven't started metroid prime I bought on the gamecube back in 2002.

You have good taste, that's why you like Persona 3 better. n_n

Also, once I bought a sealed copy of Metroid Prime for GameCube, went to shelve it, and saw that I already owned a copy... Just bought the Metroid Prime Trilogy for Wii U on the eShop and I still haven't ever played it lol.

zkylon

zkylewd

i feel like giving you control of your party is nice gameplay-wise but i'm not too sure about it thematically. also i heard p4 has less horror elements to it

i still should play it cos persona is awesome~~

I have like four versions of P3 lying around. Still have to finish P4.

Anteater

You have good taste, that's why you like Persona 3 better. n_n

Also, once I bought a sealed copy of Metroid Prime for GameCube, went to shelve it, and saw that I already owned a copy... Just bought the Metroid Prime Trilogy for Wii U on the eShop and I still haven't ever played it lol.

I know!

Is there a difference between the GC ver and Trilogy?

i feel like giving you control of your party is nice gameplay-wise but i'm not too sure about it thematically. also i heard p4 has less horror elements to it

i still should play it cos persona is awesome~~

The characters acting on their own in p3 didn't really bother me that much, they were easy to predict. Just different systems.

Yeah P4 is a lot light hearted, it's like a highschool detective anime. The music is more upbeat. I like how different the games are tho.

I have like four versions of P3 lying around. Still have to finish P4.

I kind of want to play as the girl in the portable games. surprised none of the games made it on steam!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I hated Persona 3. I haven't played Persona 4 yet, but I'll probably hate it too.

Oh well. I already bought it, so I'm going to play it eventually.

edit: For something Steam related, the final boss for Ys Oath is a pain in the behind.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Besiege -- MB-2347B04E4CD524F6 - Taken by Sarcasm. 57 entrants total.

t1422943407z1.png

Milamber

I'm still in chapter 2 of Nep Nep. But I think I over leveled them a tiny bit.

I'm hovering around level 42-40 for all of my characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom