• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbd23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOdTzTA46I4
The Dankest of Jank.

Speaking of Two Worlds
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/456220/?snr=1_4_4__tab-Upcoming

im in for 2 bucks!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Two Worlds 2 was my favorite janky game, I loved how I broke it with a skeleton army card combination.

Finished Song of the Deep, 9 hours so decent lenght for the genre (how long to beat had it at 6 for the story but I did a fair bit of exploring for items as usual in these games, those 6 hours must be really rushing). Great game, except for one particular enemy that shows up late in the game, and the physic-y nature of the game sometimes is a little cumbersome, but overall very worthwhile metroidvania (yes Ill continue to call them that).

Xanathus

Does anyone know why Mafia 3 has such horrible reviews now? The metacritic user score is also 32. I was under the impression the game was just ok but is there something I'm missing?

Technical issues at launch, and the game becomes super repetitive with forced open-world missions in order to progress.

data

Does anyone know why Mafia 3 has such horrible reviews now? The metacritic user score is also 32. I was under the impression the game was just ok but is there something I'm missing?

It's mostly negative because there's no inbetween in steam reviews so most people choose negative. Same issues as launch like repetitive missions and bad optimizations.

Damnit, why devs. It's 2017, you could've atleast patched that out. :[

Wok

The game Copoka, initially published by Humble Original, is released today... by a different publisher.

Salsa

well I only (but really really) want The Witness from that freedom bundle so if anyone has it an extra I can buy it off you or match up to the $30 for you to get the bundle or somethang

bout time I play the game

tmarg

well I only (but really really) want The Witness from that freedom bundle so if anyone has it an extra I can buy it off you or match up to the $30 for you to get the bundle or somethang

bout time I play the game
There were a few people selling it in BST last I checked. Around $10.

Vlad

Thanks for that!
I never got close enough to the little fish to see the prompt, so I just kinda assumed they were only there as deco or I needed a tool.
I saw the disinfected water in the fabricator as well, which is why I assumed that this would be my normal watersource, but I was lacking materials here as well.

In hindsight it makes total sense, though :p

Also, there's some starter supplies (water, food, flares, etc) in a locker in the lifepod. It's directly under the screen that shows the status of everything (it's easy to miss).

It's always tricky with these sandbox games. I get that they don't want to just tell you everything from the get-go as far as crafting recipes and such. It's nice to have the player not only discover the resources but WHAT they can build. I had stayed away from too much information about Subnautica, so I was pleasantly surprised by some of the stuff that I discovered. You also don't want to just present a gigantic list of crafting recipes from the start, since that would be overwhelming.

My ideal sandbox game experience is one that requires some exploration and experimentation, but it's feasible that the player could discover everything for themselves without having to resort to an external wiki. Minecraft is a good example of both extremes. I'd say that it's next to impossible to figure almost anything out in the vanilla game without resorting to the wiki, but a lot of the various mods have in-game manuals and/or research mechanics that let the player learn everything in-game.

Subnautica does a decent job of this, but there are situations like yours where it can be a bit misleading. Yes, you saw the disinfected water recipe. but since the one for filtered water doesn't appear until you grab a bladderfish, then it's entirely reasonable that you'd think that that was just the only way to make water for a while. Still, just by looking at the recipes for basic tools in the fabricator, I was able to figure out what order I was supposed to get the basic stuff in. Using the various distress calls as a way to guide the player from place to place is a nice touch, too.

yoshizzle

About Two Worlds 2's DRM:

We will switch to DLM.

DLM means Digital License Management. It does not require activation or registration, but a serial key is provided, which is a proof of license ownership. This key allows independent from the store, where the game is purchased to receive updates or crossgrades (e.g. move the game from Steam to GOG or move a retail version into the steam account). This serial key also grants the account on the Multiplayer Servers and to sell the game.
The difference to the old DRM system is that no activation is required and the serial key does not need to be entered manually.
As long as someone does not want anything beside playing the game, it is not required to do anything. The DLM is only visible, because the serial key is shown by the steam client while game starts.
We recommend to (optional) register the game, because if the key gets lost or simply everything gets lost, we offer registered users to restore everything. - Please imagine an eMail "I purchased 2005 the game Earth 2160 in Russian Retail. Can you please enable the Linux version released 2 weeks ago in my Steam account? - in this case we need the serial key, or if the customer registered the game, we need nothing, because we can ask him for his Birth Date or something else. But as said - this service is optional.

Also, Two Worlds: Epic Edition has already received these changes:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/1930/discussions/0/357287304415595014

Edit: TW2 will switch to DLM when the engine update is released, which I assume is when the expansion arrives.

Xanathus

I feel like all of these don't count since they are DLCs for re-released enhanced versions of the game. So AoE2 only has a 4 year difference, Baldur's is 3 years, not sure about Postal 2.

Age of Empires 2 had an expansion in December.

Well Age of Empires 2 had expansion last year, it was originally released in 1999. :p

I think it goes to DLC for Postal 2, yes years later and after Postal 3.

BG - 1998
BG: SoD - 2016

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
freedom bundle says "more in 2 hours" now

edit: damn u Tizoc

NeoRaider

It's unplayable for me even on Low settings. :(
Also they did nothing to improve PC version. They just don't care.

Rhaknar

There's 2 new Bundlestars bundles today btw, but they arent very interesting. The Neon Bundle, a bunch of random stuff thatthe majority hasnt been bundled as far as I can tell, and the Prophecy Bundle, which is a hidden object bundle, which I have no idea if they have been bundled or not, they all look the same to me :/

Rhaknar

Cant wait for the new content in the freedom bundle to be more books :3

jtb

Banned
Mafia 3 is repetitive? Just like Mafia 2 and Mafia 1 then. The half-decent storytelling was never really enough to save the dull gameplay for me.

kionedrik

Mafia 3 is repetitive? Just like Mafia 2 and Mafia 1 then. The half-decent storytelling was never really enough to save the dull gameplay for me.

I know I have a soft spot for Mafia 1 but this is all sort of wrong. Mafia 1 had more than a handful of unique and memorable missions and story moments. Characters and setting and a lot of other things are simply perfect. It is a fantastic game that never got the sequels it deserved.

Teggy

Yeah, no. Mafia 1 and 2 had no side content. Mafia 3 has a ton of side content that literally consists of

1. Go to warehouse
2. Get to truck by sneaking or killing
3. Drive truck for 5 minutes with no one attempting to stop you

Or, replace 2 with a boat.

Even most of the main content is incredibly repetitive where you go to a warehouse and kill a guy or destroy some crates.

The number of crafted scenarios where you enter an area with real level design to reach a target are extremely rare. While there was no side content in the other Mafias, at least the main missions had a decent design to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom