• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tokyo Tattoo Girls was probably the only game NISA announced I never heard of before. Although I have to say after watching the trailer, it's one of the few NISA games not on my radar.

That Tokyo game looks lewd

Yeah one of the still photos on the Steam store page...*shudders*.

Pixieking

Banned
I been eyeing Ni-Oh and idk why. Im not the biggest DS fan but my roommate just got a ps4 pro so Im trying to figure out something worthwhile for the console.

Enjoy TW3. It's legitimately as great as everyone says. Just dont get burnt out on it. I loved it but I just wanted to get it over with on my last couple hours.

Nioh actually has very little in common with DS/Bloodborne, which for me is pretty sad, but for you might make it worth trying? It's got the "die repeatedly" part of SoulsBorne, but in more general gameplay terms it actually feels more like a 3D version of a classic scrolling beat 'em up - Final Fight, Double Dragon or Golden Axe. Linear (or rather, unsurprising) levels, lots of random drops from enemies, generic fighting (unless you constantly spam the Super Secret Special Move).

If that does sound interesting to you, maybe see if you can have a quick game in store, or can return it for a full refund? I'm so disappointed by it, if I hadn't bought it Digital I would have traded it in for something else a couple of days ago.

Only got my PS4 a couple of months ago, and played Bloodborne for most of that, so I'm afraid I can't really give any advice on what games to get.

My man. good luck in college

I just started my 3rd Dark Souls playthrough so hey maybe I finish this time. Amidst that, I've been juggling hella games. I really need to strap down and finish one. Im probably about a third way into the newest Deus Ex and its great but I just lose motivation. Especially when Im exhausted from work

Thanks

I hear ya on being exhausted, sometimes it's just easier to play a multiplayer game.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Oh good, the "I don't want to be here, but I dressed up for it" character returns.
ss_2db52175b62fa8525940bc3147f34ad01ea1a2f0.jpg

Battlechili

Banned
The only Ys game I've played is Origin and this looks WAY bigger budget than that. Bigger budget than every other Ys game on Steam right now, really.
Oh good, the "I don't want to be here, but I dressed up for it" character returns.
>that resolution
This is a good sign
So besides it kinda being shitty that XSeed doesn't get to work on Ys, are people not fans of NISA translation quality? I haven't played too many of their games.
Their translation work oftentimes adds jokes and memes where they shouldn't be, and somehow during localization in a lot of games new bugs are added. Also censorship, though really that's happened to a grand total of 4 games by them, and I don't think Ys is a game that'd be subjected to that. Its not lewd.

So besides it kinda being shitty that XSeed doesn't get to work on Ys, are people not fans of NISA translation quality? I haven't played too many of their games.

Out of the games I played, NISA has this tendency to insert pop-references into their translations. This fits Danganronpa nicely - considering that series' artistic direction - and some of their zany titles like Disgaea.

Eila

The only Ys game I've played is Origin and this looks WAY bigger budget than that. Bigger budget than every other Ys game on Steam right now, really.
>that resolution
This is a good sign

Well it's true. Ys Origin was originally selling to japanese PC gamers only. Ys VIII is a full blown Vita game (ported to PS4) that has pretty decent sales all over Asia.

Corpekata

Banned
I mean, Ys Origin is also a decade old, so of course it looks low budget in comparison to Ys VIII.

I still maintain though that the Oath and Origin era is the peak of the franchise.

Momentary

Banned
The gameplay in Ys VIII looks top notch. I've got all the ones available on STEAM, but I haven't played a single one. Maybe I should start.

I mean, Ys Origin is also a decade old, so of course it looks low budget in comparison to Ys VIII.

I still maintain though that the Oath and Origin era is the peak of the franchise.

The games with parties don't even come close. Boss fights in Celceta were pretty bad so I'm probably skipping 8 unless the fan response is overwhelming. Definitely prefer the one man (or Yunica) action games and it seemed like the devs were less interested in moe weeab trash art design back then.

The games with parties don't even come close. Boss fights in Celceta were pretty bad so I'm probably skipping 8 unless the fan response is overwhelming. Definitely prefer the one man (or Yunica) action games and it seemed like the devs were less interested in moe weeab trash art design back then.

Funny you should mention that, the fan response is actually overwhelmingly positive for this installment. Boss fights have been improved by leaps.

Ascheroth

I'm waking up and the first thing I see is a Steam Store page of Ys VIII :O
3 Falcom games on Steam this year. My poor wallet...
Only a little sad that XSEED isn't doing it, but I guess it's because they don't have the capacity to do PC ports themselves?

Knurek

I'm waking up and the first thing I see is a Steam Store page of Ys VIII :O
3 Falcom games on Steam this year. My poor wallet...
Only a little sad that XSEED isn't doing it, but I guess it's because they don't have the capacity to do PC ports themselves?

You think Falcom fans have it bad?

Operation Abyss/Babel, 999, Muv-Luv Alternative, Sharin no Kuni, Dies Irae, A Clockwork Ley-Line trilogy...
We need that yougotavita.gif remade to mention Steam instead.

sanhora

Danganronpa had teally good localization for one thing

https://curiouscat.me/BlackDragonHunt/post/92563721
https://twitter.com/koestl/status/788456751003754496
https://twitter.com/Quinns108/status/684402035354124288
https://twitter.com/koestl/status/698225711967035392
https://twitter.com/hdkirin/status/832810375833804801

These are just some of the quickest ones I could find.

Durante

Atelier is inching up to 20k. Buy!

Origin absolutely is the peak of everything in the franchise I've played so far..
In fact, it's the peak of the entire subgenre.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
huh, played about 30mins of The Witness. I kinda see the appeal now.

Randam

Alwa's Awakening is now the second game, that doesn't upload its safegames, so I can play on the same file, with different devices..

kinda sucks.

madjoki

Duh, sorry on my part. Why did Zombi of all games support steam achievements and still feature uplay, something that hasn't been replicated right?

There's at least two other uPlay games that offer steam achievements

Trials of Blood Dragon
Heroes VII, even offers Steam Workshop support.

(Heroes VII - Trials of Fire standalone expansion, however does not offer either)

(Well, Rocksmith features uPlay too, but all versions register to Steam.)

Does anyone here play Rainbow Six: Siege? Haven't played it in a long while but I put a good few hours in at launch so I worry about matchmaking. Is there a good, current guide about new balance tips and such?

Tizoc

Why can't I buy a Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed 4-Pack?

I own the game and it says I can only buy it as a gift but the buy as gift button is greyed out

Does it work for you?

I think u accidentslly wuoted rhaknar?

4 packs can only be bought if u dont own a game since one copy is given to your account

However 4 packs bought from sites like gmg offer you codes so those you can gift 4 copies

Why can't I buy a Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed 4-Pack?

I own the game and it says I can only buy it as a gift but the buy as gift button is greyed out

Does it work for you?

You can't buy a 4-pack as a gift. One of those 4 copies has to go to your account and if you already own it then you can't purchase the pack.

dex3108

I just started playing Dishonored 2 and even though i only finished Tutorial and first mission (arrived i Karnaca) i already want DLC and Dishonored 3 to be a thing XD Game is soooo goood and so beautiful.

Some screenshots i took with Ansel tool in 4K than downsampled them (some of them have stupid Steam SS notification XD)

NeoRaider

Bought "Lucky 7" Loot Box on GMG. (7 items for 4.99$) and got this:

0VHTJPW.png

lzkmO9q.png

+ 5 more games!

WTF?? I never got lucky like this with these mystery boxes. I am more than happy!

Majukun

for some reason every time i get an update for deus ex mankind divided,steam says it need the entire space of the game (around 30 gb at this point) instead of the space for the single update (3 gb)..so i'm forced to delete the game and re-install it, since i don't have much space on my hd...

does that happen to anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom