• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

So I installed Monkeybot but it doesn't seem to be working? I go to see a giveaway and it doesn't show what Wok talked about.

barber

my ideas right now are:
- day of the tentacle remastered, i can't remember a single thing of day of the tentacle
- i hear pony island is really interesting and weird and whatever???
- i don't know much about steamworld heist but it sounds like a game with shooting in it and i'm kind of in the mood for shooting stuff

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

maybe i should just replay front mission 1 yet again lol
day of the tentacle is one if the greatest adventure games, should play to remmeber it.
Pony island is a one afternoon game and it hooked me but i have friends who found it meh as the story didnt get them
heist is a strategy game like worms more o r less if i remember correctly
sorry for the lateness :p

barber

I dont actually understand that. I mean Valve always say they cant offer adult content because of regulations in different countries, but as it seems they dont really care when its about violent stuff or other legal stuff.

In Germany e.g. games have to be rated by the USK (similar to ESRB) before they are allowed to be released. Valve doesnt really care what other publishers/indie devs are doing. No game besides big publisher games are even rated by them.

In the end its still strange, because you have games like Witcher, where you can have sex with the girls doggystyle and in other different positions, moaning, breasts etc. You have some other Visual Novels with "explicit" content, but no genitals, so I actually wonder if its only about genitals where they draw the line.
I thought the theory was that some level of content was prohibited in the main game but were Ok as dlc which is why some adult anime games had those +18 free dlcs or those posts in their steam forum by the developer telling them how to add the adult content.

Deques

I am on Chrome and pressing F12 doesn't show the config option mentioned in the post.

Looks like I didn't read the post properly, since I didn't have the problem :p

Click on the Application tab and there you should find Local Storage in Storage. Select neogaf, scroll down in the table until you find "monkeyBot_steamApiKey"

jLWBj4q.png

Coreda

While we're on the subject of userscripts, Youtube Link Title is a must have. Provides an on-page, movable video popup for video links of a variety of sites (including YT, vimeo, vid.me, streamable.com, etc) and turns raw video links into named ones (while retaining any original titled links) making it easy to see in threads what a video is.

I prefer it to scripts that use inline popouts since it doesn't affect the existing page layout and remains minimalist.

MaxiLive

Going to Japan again, what should I buy?

A plane ticket for me so I can go too :D

When I went last year I spent most of my spending money (that wasn't for food or attractions) on gachapons and random figures. Are you going to Tokyo? I was surprised how cheap Mandarake was in Akihabara.

Deques

While we're on the subject of userscripts, Youtube Link Title is a must have. Provides an on-page, movable video popup for video links of a variety of sites (including YT, vimeo, vid.me, streamable.com, etc) and turns raw video links into named ones (while retaining any original titled links) making it easy to see in threads what a video is.

I prefer it to scripts that use inline popouts since it doesn't affect the existing page layout and remains minimalist.

Wow, This is much better than the other one that was listed earlier

Wok

This is what this script does too: Edit: I missed the popout part in your post.
https://greasyfork.org/fr/scripts/1023-youtube-me-again

The result is amazing. I agree.

Wow, This is much better than the other one that was listed earlier

Hmmm. I am curious now.

MUnited83

For you.

Didn't see it posted, but Monster Monpiece store page is up (for real this time), will be released on March 14.
Holy crap it's actually releasing. This was announced so much time ago and it just missed the given dates and never talked about again that I thought they just quietly cancelled it lol.

Sarcasm

A plane ticket for me so I can go too :D

When I went last year I spent most of my spending money (that wasn't for food or attractions) on gachapons and random figures. Are you going to Tokyo? I was surprised how cheap Mandarake was in Akihabara.

I go quite often as I live pretty close to Japan, pretty cheap too. I am going northern Japan.

Can get gachapons locally here though. And the figurines. They get a lot of Japanese stuff here, especially games and game hardware.

Orgen

Oh, another bundle that HB completely fucked up. 2K is doing their usual region lock fuckery again, giving inferior product to non-ROW buyers for same price. I bought first tier and choose that my dollar will goes to charity, those greedy smugs will get 0$ from me. Funny thing, i got two Civ4 keys for some reason, and they had different region locks according to Humble. What a shitshow.

In the meantime, i continued my RE4 playthrough. Del Lago fight was legit, so i was expecting that next boss battle will be really intense. After waterfall cave i bought rocket launcher and soon after this i meet this guy:

My first thought was "Wow, that thing is huge, it will be hard to kill it!". So, i grab rocket launcher, one shot, and... He died. Well, that was one of the weirdest boss fights I've ever played. But i guess fun is only begging, i just discovered this creature:

I think i need more rocket launchers.

IIRC rocket launcher one shots every enemy/boss on RE4... so if you want to enjoy fully all the bosses fights, don't use it :) I did it in a later fight and regreted it so much that I did a replay of the game (unusual on me) on a harder difficult just to see the fight as it should.

One of the top5 games of all time. Enjoy it!

Tizoc

Posting some more Ghostbusters 2009. One thing I noticed is that either the audio quality is low/messed up or the actors could've done better at delivering their lines. Ray is the most energetic and delivers his lines well.
Early 90s New York
7CF0837E3A2868C3C998A21DC0A89ED48A74E057

40854F9002E18D16121FE7CC2F702EC9C8B67260
2CEBC24E37E68938F42E9E0624DEAF7C3BF4DDE8
2E3AB3CE06ACDBE8C4AC3D016E1E4F5D2A2A4779

Take note of the Key to the City 1990 at the top here
3DF918473D171DB61C0D8342BA9CD3FA26DCA921

6035EA15F8794AC0567C6ECD5DF261F4B5D1CF35
7486FA319366078B3B94F51D44DE699E180505D9

Ludens

Banned
Capcom is really brave to ask money for something like Banned Footage Vol.1.
The first part is a crappy survival dlc with literally nothing new compared to the base game if not a timer and the scrap machines, the second one is a nice 10 minutes dlc but...10€ for this stuff? Really?
I still need to play Vol.2, but this kind of stuff used to be free in the past RE, expecially considering 7 came with no extra mode at all.

Tizoc

So the Dedicated Nintendo Gaming Tablet, the Switch, is releasing in a few weeks.
I'm calling this the Honeymoon period. The thing'll likely do well in Japan, and I can see its appeal, though Hardcore NintyGAFfers are getting very overzealous in hyping it up.
Let's see how well this thing will be received in its second and third year.

Ludens

Banned
So the Dedicated Nintendo Gaming Tablet, the Switch, is releasing in a few weeks.
I'm calling this the Honeymoon period. The thing'll likely do well in Japan, and I can see its appeal, though Hardcore NintyGAFfers are getting very overzealous in hyping it up.

I love Zelda (well, used to love since I miss all latest entries), but Nintendo for me it's a no, since it became the Apple of videogames.
Each release they do, both hardware and software, costs a lot compared to Sony or Microsoft, but at the same time offering much less from a tech point of view.
Their games never drop in price, the Amiibo stuff is awful to me because you have dlcs locked behind an action figure.
The online policy is simply ancient too, I don't know if they changed it recently but the fact your games are tied to your machine and not to a proper account is garbage. Plus for every device they release you need to buy again GB, GBA, SNES games atc, and they are not even cheap in first place.

I think it'll be the first Nintendo system I'm not buying. Pretty much tells you everything :").

I think in the end it depends whether japanese third parties change from 3ds/vita to the switch. While Nintendo says the Switch wont replace 3ds I can see that all the 3ds/Vita devs might use the Switch for their "Handheld" titles.

Wok

KmBFKgj.png

The popout works really great, you can move it to anywhere. And also you'll get a preview when you hover the link

Wow, this is magic! Between NeoGFY, Monkeybot enhancement, Image Resize Lite and now this, NeoGAF is wonderful! 😝

Deques

These need to find a new home before they disappears into the Void

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Alien Soldier -- MB-AFA2234916ED1767 - Taken by MaxiLive
Dawn of War II Retribution - Ultramarines DLC -- MB-9444CD782CA4E350 - Taken by voodooray
Golden Axe II -- MB-A6160C00182E6F4D
Shining Force -- MB-F5AB9F0ED6916218 - Taken by Ladekabel

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Crash Trilogy is coming to the PS4 "first" aka not exclusive, so now all o steamgaf can rejoice for I know, I know that Crash is the number one beloved franchise around these parts.

Im guessing we will hear that the games aren't that good anyways from Sony fans. I never thought they were as good as everyone says.

oh you mean like people do here when games suddenly are exclusive?

its fascinating to see how much the world of videogames fans and the world of sports team enthusiasts is exactly the same.

the "other team"'s player is always bad, the refs are always on their side, etc. Then you look in the other club's forum, its the exact same posts, only reversed of course.

Ludens

Banned
Am I the only one finding strange the fact Konami released one gameplay video about Survive and forgot about it (even if it's apparently a 2017 release) while the Bomberman game announced much later has plenty of videos already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom