• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.

In-App Purchases confirmed and Windows 7 support despite wording on trailer.

oh man, those regional prices are something else

prices3lksf.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I bit and bought tales of symphonia :|

Here is hoping its sequel comes out in the future....

If not then of the abyss, vesperia, phantasia or eternia will be great too.

The sequel is too restricted and the English dub is awful. Play it on Japanese and pray some mods to fix some shit limited on the original Symphonia cast usage.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Welp, cant activate Unreal 2 in germany :(

I can buy it on Gamersgate, but I cant redeem the key... WTF is this bullshit, its not even banned here...

Oh, sorry, I didn't realise you were in Germany. Just use a VPN to activate it; there's no runtime restriction.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Oh, sorry, I didn't realise you were in Germany. Just use a VPN to activate it; there's no runtime restriction.

Its not your fault, but wont using a VPN put my account into trouble?

Edit:

It worked for me. Did you not buy the complete package? The single games are region locked, the complete package is not. You can even open up the bundle page in Germany.
You have to buy this one: https://uk.gamersgate.com/DD-UNREAL-DEAL-PACK/unreal-deal-pack

I cant open this page - Will look into this

Edit: Wont work. It just says Product not avaiable

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Its not your fault, but wont using a VPN put my account into trouble?

Only if your aim is to activate a region-locked gift or cross-region purchase on the Steam Store itself. There are no reputable reports (barely any at all, in fact) of Valve bringing down the account restriction hammer upon those who use one to activate a key or unlock a game early.

Sajko

I just installed the PhysX drivers in the game's install folder and that solved the crashing issues.

Yeah had that sorted out before. It stopped crashing as soon as I unticked full screen in the launcher. But then had low fps despite fps monitors showing constant 60fps. Rebooted PC, seems to be fine now. Hopefully it stays that way for a few days so I can finish this. Thanks everyone.

C4rter

I've tried to buy it once but now I have 2 orders that just say "pending" I wonder if they sold out of keys already or if my account has derped :eek:

Same here. I wait for a few hours before contacting them. I think they will sort it out somehow.

I cant open this page - Will look into this
Edit: Wont work. It just says Product not avaiable

You can't open the Gamersgate Site with the product? That's strange.
I can open it up from Germany when logged in or logged out into my Gamersgate account.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Found a way to open the Bundle Page and bought this one. 5€ is still a amazing price and I will give the remaining Key away after I figured out how Modbot works

Orgen

So is Deadly Premonition playable on PC? (with no much hassle) I always wanted to play the game but I can't find it cheap on 360. Also which is the superior version?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Lets do this
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GAMEPROFF, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Unreal 2 -- MB-65731673D1263F0F - Taken by MaxiLive

MaxiLive

So is Deadly Premonition playable on PC? (with no much hassle) I always wanted to play the game but I can't find it cheap on 360. Also which is the superior version?

It is playable but there is a lot of hassle to get it working to PC standards and even that it isn't the best port ever made...

Parsnip

You might be lucky and have an issue free experience. That's been known to happen.
With dpfix it certainly looks better than anything console versions offer.

MUnited83

For you.
Yup, it's fucked up and exactly what people expected when they region locked the store. Some pubs still offer decent prices at least.

It's $120 where I live :D

I mean, you'd think that after region locking the store they could actually get more fair in pricing, not less, since they can have cheaper prices on regions that make sense without having people elsewhere taking advantage of it.

But of course, that makes too much sense.

MaxiLive

So would you recommend me to keep searching for a cheap 360 copy? :|

If you don't want any hassle or the chance of crashes then 360 is probably your best bet!

I only put an hour into the PC version as I was struggling with the controls when it first came out and had to use joy2key to get it to work. I'm not sure if this has been fixed but I've read of quite a few issues with the PC version and crashing.

You might be able to find it super cheap though as it has been in multiple bundles. I think it was even in a $1 tier in a Humble Bundle at some point.

Stellaris: Utopia has a release date now. April 6th.
Utopia brings a host of changes to the core of Stellaris, including:
  • Megastructures: Build wondrous structures in your systems including Dyson Spheres and ring worlds, bringing both prestige and major advantages to your race.
  • Habitat Stations: Build “tall” and establish space stations that will house more population, serving the role of planets in a small and confined empire.
  • Traditions: Collect Unity points and adopt ideas and bonuses that will ease your species’ expansion across the stars, unlocking special perks for completing a set.
  • Rights and Privileges: Set specific policies for which of the many species under your thumb will have the rights and privileges of full citizenship.
No price yet. Might be USD$20.

JCG

I mean, you'd think that after region locking the store they could actually get more fair in pricing, not less, since they can have cheaper prices on regions that make sense without having people elsewhere taking advantage of it.

But of course, that makes too much sense.

Which just guarantees that key resellers and other online retailers offering Steam versions will gradually get more business than Valve when it comes to certain releases in affected regions, because people from Mexico, Chile or Colombia (for example) would rather pay the U.S. price than a bizarre premium.

Nillansan

So would you recommend me to keep searching for a cheap 360 copy? :|

No. With some effort I managed to play the game down-sampled from 1440P to 1080P at a stable 60 FPS on my previous rig. The game did crash a few times and the game suffers from memory leaks, but I was able to play the game for 5 to 6 hour stretches without much trouble and eventually 100% it. If the game starts acting up, just save and restart your PC. Greenvale is ripe with phone booths.

Ascheroth

Utopia arrives for Stellaris on April 6th.

Quite excited to see the megastructures arrive, though it's the new government types and technology paths that have me the most excited. I do love to roleplay when I make an empire, so my machine loving space elves are going to be all over the cybernetic ascension stuff.
Whenever I hear megastructure the first thing I think of is Blame.

MUnited83

For you.
Just found out that Uplay has that feature I talked about previously that I wanted for Steam (since technically the feature already exists in terms of devs being able to track them at least), a dedicated section on the client with the statistics of a game.

statsirjr6.png

EdmondD

Shadow of War Gold Edition is 99$.

disappointed1.gif

Gaming industry was a mistake.

Months ago I got Shadow of Mordor and all the dlc for $5 on Bundlestar. Wait long enough and this will be $5 too. SoM was pretty fun but nothing special. Not really that interested in the sequel.

barber

Whenever I hear megastructure the first thing I think of is Blame.

Man that manga was awesomely drawn... So beautiful

On the other side, i hope stellaris becomes a ck2 and has 5 years of support becoming something 10/10 instead of the 7/10 it launched as.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom