• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

prudislav

What'a Wizrogue? A legit new Wizardry game? Any good?
From what i understood by its some kind of online-only roguelike take on Wizardry.

Its from some japanese company (taito) who created some wizardry off-shots on consoles and mobile and i guess now took over the IP or something like that.

Untaken ones, grab another or two. Found a couple more untaken ones using my loot, Broadsword and Men of War, they might work?

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-410206B5E644B786 - Taken by Mikurden
Broadsword : Age of Chivalry -- MB-E50209B3CEA2DA26 - Taken by texhnolyze
DiRT 3 Complete Edition -- MB-08BEE469D9F38122 - Taken by Nomadic Sparks
Forbidden Planet -- MB-1D44119A00D168C9 - Taken by Nomadic Sparks
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-2A8DE96AB6544CA0 - Taken by BlakeofT
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-EFC08530B10FC280 - Taken by fifasnipe2224
KEEBLES -- MB-C0BD13A8C811437B - Taken by Loptous
Men of War: Assault Squad GOTY -- MB-85EE385511748DF6 - Taken by ThirtyFour
No Time to Explain -- MB-D0D98AC82525F7F8 - Taken by fernandes
Retro Game Crunch -- MB-840E687255F8FBA8 - Taken by bloke
Rituals -- MB-9C4957C9B41C356C - Taken by yoshizzle
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-B2D9C29D6F001C05 - Taken by Mikaju
Rocket Birds: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-3F52C64B9B36A37A - Taken by dot
Super Meat Boy -- MB-DBDD6796EAD37F28 - Taken by gurm3n
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-BCE2B78A104BCA38 - Taken by Vuze
THREE DEAD ZED -- MB-C3EE20319757D705 - Taken by Mackenzie 92
TOWER WARS -- MB-3C15809B12578F8E - Taken by Nomadic Sparks
The Swapper -- MB-01536D222AF5C8CF - Taken by 73V3N
VVVVVV -- MB-D046136698CE5564 - Taken by Press Turn
Waking Mars -- MB-A10D8238AB5DACA8 - Taken by MaxiLive
World of Goo -- MB-8214213EAA1A6715 - Taken by Press Turn

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: One or more keys you added were already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Man, y'all weren't kidding about One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 being a terrible port.

It is and try to change the options besides the resolution. Nothing changes. The default options are all low options and even if you change them, nothing changes in the game...

Btw. I actually was thinking Stefanie Joosten would be doing the Icey narrator part, but seems she is just doing Icey, which are like.... 4 lines. And according to people the english narrator sounds totally bored (while the chinese one is actually quite into his narration).

Rizzi

It is and try to change the options besides the resolution. Nothing changes. The default options are all low options and even if you change them, nothing changes in the game...

Btw. I actually was thinking Stefanie Joosten would be doing the Icey narrator part, but seems she is just doing Icey, which are like.... 4 lines. And according to people the english narrator sounds totally bored (while the chinese one is actually quite into his narration).

Also it doesn't recognise either of my controllers. Refunded it real fast.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Mibuokami, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mibuokami, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut -- MB-0B5A446D7C2C72EC - Taken by PaulSane. 25 entrants total.

t1488211474z1.png

Nillansan

I'll give the Chinese voice work a go then.

I'll give the Chinese voice work a go then.

You can try out both, but from what I read the english VA is just some bored dude reading the translated subtitles even with all the mistranslations.
I really really enjoyed the chinese VA, because it was "honest" and full of small details, that most people wont notice. If he gets nervous, he even gets into a light dialect.

When I first read that Stefanie Joosten is doing VA for that game, I actually thought she would do the narration. But if she is just doing the 4 lines Icey is talking.... I dont know...

Btw. anyone knows how long it takes till i can activate keys again? Bought that 1$ bundle and activated too many keys.

Amzin

i love middle-earth but this trailer looks extremly uninspired, just like the first game.

That it's called Shadow of War doesn't help

I wouldn't be shocked if the games were received better by people who are ambivalent towards actual LotR books / lore. I'm probably more of a fan than "ambivalent" but I'm not all that crazy for it.

I managed to get the first game for like $30 pre-order somehow I just recalled, so I'll probably hold off until I can match that for this one, especially with the rampant edition nonsense.

BasilZero

I bit and bought tales of symphonia :|

Here is hoping its sequel comes out in the future....

If not then of the abyss, vesperia, phantasia or eternia will be great too.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Gamersgate is selling Keys for the Unreal franchise and while I would need to buy a VPN to buy a key, it shows that it is only redeemable in the netherlands... Sounds this legit? I thought Keys can only be restricted for regions like EU1 or 2, etc?

Tizoc

I wouldn't be shocked if the games were received better by people who are ambivalent towards actual LotR books / lore. I'm probably more of a fan than "ambivalent" but I'm not all that crazy for it.

I managed to get the first game for like $30 pre-order somehow I just recalled, so I'll probably hold off until I can match that for this one, especially with the rampant edition nonsense.

I like Tolkein's work and while I enjoyed Shadow of More Doors and its Nemesis system, it did feel like the run of the mill AAA open world fluff.
I am not too interested in this new entry atm.

I prob. should replay More Doors someday seeing as I played Tom Braider 2013 recently.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Gamersgate is selling Keys for the Unreal franchise and while I would need to buy a VPN to buy a key, it shows that it is only redeemable in the netherlands... Sounds this legit? I thought Keys can only be restricted for regions like EU1 or 2, etc?

It's untrue. The key will activate this, which has no restrictions.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
-You need to have at least 100.000.000 posts in this or the previous Steam-thread to be eligible for this giveway

Ampersand -- MB-CC428D05BE686E64
Clergy Splode -- MB-884ECD9A912419D5
Eaten Alive -- MB-16E7997A8B4F6CFF
Escape Machines -- MB-226CFF56C8E0A73F
Flesh Eaters -- MB-04ED8DD190E00367
Lup -- MB-04FB639701EA08E5
New kind of adventure -- MB-782B5D5749E02AC3
Star Chronicles -- MB-4E254F7CFF4C6BE2
Stellar 2D -- MB-83510549D52546A9
Super Mega Neo Pug -- MB-3A61673F84DEC024
Terra Incognita -- MB-BE26003E705D5416
Tinboy -- MB-B2BECFEBF2409162 - Taken by voodooray
Tower of Elements -- MB-2EF32DC8070402AB
Turbo Pug -- MB-C7C4BEBEB2DED4E5

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

BoneBone: Rise of the Deathlord -- MB-65199B97A94924B4 - Taken by MaxiLive

NeoRaider

I can't believe i just activated 45 (probably trash) games on Steam.
But at least i am getting 130 cards... let's hope they are worth more than 0.01 each.

Uzzy

Utopia arrives for Stellaris on April 6th.

Quite excited to see the megastructures arrive, though it's the new government types and technology paths that have me the most excited. I do love to roleplay when I make an empire, so my machine loving space elves are going to be all over the cybernetic ascension stuff.

Sajko

Finished The Amazing Spider-man, honestly I liked this game a lot.

Now next on the list is Deadly Premonition. Having played this a bit like a year or two ago and then eventually lost saves due to game not supporting Cloud saving.

Decided to reinstall it the other day and got it to actually work after an hour or fiddling around. Decided to run it today and we are back to square one, crashing after launcher. And apparently it fucks up every time some other game decides to update Physx. I think I might give up on this one honestly.

0vyR31j.png

Edit: Well now it randomly started but getting like 5 fps despite Steam fps counter showing constant 60.

C4rter

My order of the 46 games bundle is stuck as well. Also somehow I have the order twice in my order history, despite only buying in once.

Ascheroth

Now next on the list is Deadly Premonition. Having played this a bit like a year or two ago and then eventually lost saves due to game not supporting Cloud saving.

Decided to reinstall it the other day and got it to actually work after an hour or fiddling around. Decided to run it today and we are back to square one, crashing after launcher. And apparently it fucks up every time some other game decides to update Physx. I think I might give up on this one honestly.

0vyR31j.png

I love the game and managed to 100% it somehow, but saying it's a technical mess is a severe understatement.

Nillansan

Now next on the list is Deadly Premonition. Having played this a bit like a year or two ago and then eventually lost saves due to game not supporting Cloud saving. Decided to reinstall it the other day and got it to actually work after an hour or fiddling around. Decided to run it today and we are back to square one, crashing after launcher. And apparently it fucks up every time some other game decides to update Physx. I think I might give up on this one honestly.

0vyR31j.png

I've linked to a quick write up about my experience with the port a few times already, here you go. You might find something that could help you resolve the issues that you are encountering.

C4rter

Finished The Amazing Spider-man, honestly I liked this game a lot.

0vyR31j.png

Edit: Well now it randomly started but getting like 5 fps despite Steam fps counter showing constant 60.

There is a thread with solutions in the Steam forums:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/247660/discussions/0/613940109918774564/

1. "DP.exe has stopped working"
A common cause of start-up crashes is to do with Nvidia's PhsyX technology. Here's a quick thing you can try which will resolve this particular problem.

-Go to where Deadly Premonition is installed, easily accessible by right-clicking the game in your Steam library > Properties > Local Files > Browse Local Files
-Open the folder named 'redist'
-Scroll until you find the file "PhyX_SystemSoftware.msi
-Double click
-Run the 'Repair' option
-Now run Deadly Premonition via Steam as usual

Note: You may have to run this repair option again when installing other games that use Nvidia's PhysX software.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Welp, cant activate Unreal 2 in germany :(

I can buy it on Gamersgate, but I cant redeem the key... WTF is this bullshit, its not even banned here...

Vuze

In-App Purchases confirmed and Windows 7 support despite wording on trailer.
Ewwwwwwwwww. Yeah, I'm not even thinking about touching this one until we know more.

Also lmao at some GAFfer joking about being "silver edition plebs" when buying the regular version. Turns out you're a bronze plebs after all :p
Eff off Warner.

Hektor

The season pass mentioned a "golden war chest", there are definitely microtransactions for single- or multiplayer that'll unlock chests of random loot and equipment for your characters, probably stuff that's ranked from bronze tier to platinum or diamond, similar to the card systems that are found in many current AAA games (Rise of the Tomb Raider, Gears of War 4, Battlefield etc.) or chests like in Overwatch

C4rter

Welp, cant activate Unreal 2 in germany :(

I can buy it on Gamersgate, but I cant redeem the key... WTF is this bullshit, its not even banned here...

It worked for me. Did you not buy the complete package? The single games are region locked, the complete package is not. You can even open up the bundle page in Germany.
You have to buy this one: https://uk.gamersgate.com/DD-UNREAL-DEAL-PACK/unreal-deal-pack

Edit: On Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/683/?cc=it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom