• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Currently that is $19. They won't take money till March 3rd though. By then Brexit may have knocked the £ to lower than the dollar for all we know, so it could well be in that margin

The news cycles are moving so fast these days.

Who knows? By March, the US may have invaded Iran and put up a Trump Hotel in Tehran.

Interesting fact if you look at Steamspy: the number of games released in January 2017 is the same number of games released in January 2016. Which is 238. First sign that the exponential (and unsustainable) growth in the number of releases might have stopped ?

January is always a massive slowdown in terms of revenue generation and games released, so it might not be the best reference point.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The cover format looks a bit off (too stretched)...hope you can adjust them, so you have the original cover format (like in Origin) :)

A new format would require new images and not every publisher is going to update their apps accordingly, in some cases because it simply can't be done (e.g. Digital Homicide's stuff owing to the terminated distribution contract), so even if the traditional header images are no longer the default, there will likely be an option to use them.

When is the new Steam client going to get released?

The images are all there is. There's zero other information.

Kifimbo

January is always a massive slowdown in terms of revenue generation and games released, so it might not be the best reference point.

It's not a trend yet, which is why I only said 'first sign of'. But there was a clear difference between January 2015 and 2016. From 192 to 238. It didn't happen this year.

yuraya

I don't know how I feel about this new client stuff. I really love the way it is now.

The Origin redesign was such unbearable garbage I'm afraid Valve might screw it up as well.

Never noped so fast on a game then when I went "oh this sword of asumi has a nice thumb" and clicked it

Haha I genuinely know nothing about the game, got it from a bundle I bought for Freedom Planet like 2 years ago IIRC. I just clicked on the thumbnail and nope indeed D:

Parsnip

New update is nice. Did they fix the issue with the X1 controller not properly working when enabled in BPM? Haven't had a chance to test it yet.

What issue is that? If you mean the one where right stick doesn't work at all until you go to controller configuration and back out again, hard to say. Notes don't mention it, but I've had that only happen sporadically so it's hard to say if it's fixed or if I have been lucky this time.

I think it has got something to do with wrong profiles getting loaded for Xbox controllers, and possibly the conversion from SC profile into a xbox gamepad profile.
For example I made a minor adjustment to the default gamepad profile for Witcher 3 (add quick save to Select long press) and saved that as my personal profile, but when the thing with right sticks happens, it has loaded a generic gamepad profile instead. Easy enough to bypass on my end, but they should fix it before next stable client for sure.

Eila

The group notification opt out is a godsend. I could try leaving the hundreds of groups I'm already in, but this works better.

r3n4ud

What issue is that? If you mean the one where right stick doesn't work at all until you go to controller configuration and back out again, hard to say. Notes don't mention it, but I've had that only happen sporadically so it's hard to say if it's fixed or if I have been lucky this time.

I think it has got something to do with wrong profiles getting loaded for Xbox controllers, and possibly the conversion from SC profile into a xbox gamepad profile.
For example I made a minor adjustment to the default gamepad profile for Witcher 3 (add quick save to Select long press) and saved that as my personal profile, but when the thing with right sticks happens, it has loaded a generic gamepad profile instead. Easy enough to bypass on my end, but they should fix it before next stable client for sure.
Yep, that's the one. Pain in the ass.

Pretty sure it's the wrong profiles loading, as you say.

Nzyme32

On topic of the Steam Client news, the user "Lethal Foot" was named Steam Universal.

To hazard a guess, Valve set out the Steam Universe thing with "LittleFoot" and "BigFoot". LittleFoot was for their mobile efforts and BigFoot was for the lounge oriented efforts of Machines, Link, etc.

Lethal Foot then, maybe a combination of the two or the same including VR etc. May be a larger overhaul than we think.

Then again, so much time on the Division, maybe not

Parsnip

On topic of the Steam Client news, the user "Lethal Foot" was named Steam Universal.

To hazard a guess, Valve set out the Steam Universe thing with "LittleFoot" and "BigFoot". LittleFoot was for their mobile efforts and BigFoot was for the lounge oriented efforts of Machines, Link, etc.

Lethal Foot then, maybe a combination of the two or the same including VR etc. May be a larger overhaul than we think.

Gabe likes feet and knives.

Retrofluxed

I don't know how I feel about this new client stuff. I really love the way it is now.

The Origin redesign was such unbearable garbage I'm afraid Valve might screw it up as well.

Yeah, when people talk about how great Origin is (looks-wise), I have to wonder if they've seen it recently.

Then again, so much time on the Division, maybe not

Or it's a contracted UI designer who misheard the user name over the phone.

Yeah, we people talk about how great Origin is (looks-wise), I have to wonder if they've seen it recently.

I got a survey in Origin recently and I made sure to let hem know how useless 90% of the Origin interface is. Very satisfying.

Arulan

Whatever changes they make to the desktop client, I hope it doesn't make trade-offs in functionality for appearance. I do think the client could use an upgrade, but I don't think it's as bad as some people perpetuate. If there is one thing you can say about it, is that it's a very PC-oriented interface. And I think it should remain that way. The last thing I want is some metro-like nonsense.

Wok

I stumbled upon this tweet and wondered how genitals could be part of this new Conan game.

Hem8zui.png

If you wonder as well, just go to the Steam Hub of the game. Obviously NSFW: https://steamcommunity.com/app/440900/screenshots/?p=1&browsefilter=toprated

This game is Rust 2.0.

There we go, the better version.

Whatever changes they make to the desktop client, I hope it doesn't make trade-offs in functionality for appearance. I do think the client could use an upgrade, but I don't think it's as bad as some people perpetuate. If there is one thing you can say about it, is that it's a very PC-oriented interface. And I think it should remain that way. The last thing I want is some metro-like nonsense.

Thank you.

My monitor gets bigger, but the pages get narrower. Asinine.

Also, the new Origin client does not let us to change game grid artworks. Looking at those banner size variations on that Steam beta thing, I'm afraid this would be the case there, too.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa, I'm already at 11 games beaten this year. 13 if I could count the games I beat on the 29th and 30th of December.

This'll probably drop off once I start the games that take an assload of times to get through.

Whoa, I'm already at 11 games beaten this year. 13 if I could count the games I beat on the 29th and 30th of December.

This'll probably drop off once I start the games that take an assload of times to get through.

I'm at 7 right now, my pace will drop off drastically once Zelda comes out and is followed by Persona 5 a month later.

rahji

I am at 3 but this only because I decided to play Dark Souls 2: SotFS.

Parsnip

I'm 2 in, Witcher 3 is taking a chunk of my gaming time at t he moment.
And Atelier is out soon and that's probably a lengthy game as well.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I'm at 7 right now, my pace will drop off drastically once Zelda comes out and is followed by Persona 5 a month later.
Shit, I forgot Zelda's coming out in a month. RIP my time.

I am at 3 but this only because I decided to play Dark Souls 2: SotFS.
I've been meaning to get back to DS1, so RIP my time x2.

I'm at 3 as well. Only because I tend to play 14 games at once.

I have ADHD, gaming style.
I still haven't beaten any of the games from the last time I tried to do this.

Is there something I'm missing in regards to the Sunless Sea radar for the dlc? Finding it very hard to find underwater cities and such.

Edit: Guess you just explore and eventually it'll pop up and tell you to go a certain direction. Such a lovely game.

AHA-Lambda

Speaking of Fata Morgana, almost finished chapter 5 now.

God damn man, this game is almost Shakespearean in how unrelentingly tragic it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom